PDA

View Full Version : so, my daughter went shopping...

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2008, 05:57 AM
My daughter and a couple of other girls went to Chicago this weekend to shop on the Miracle Mile.....they went by Amtrak....and we got a blizzard.....train was supposed to be in town at 10:20 pm last night.....accidents blocked the tracks, switches not working in the snow, rescheduled track time due to late trains.....we just picked her up from the station and it's 5:54 am......I need to get up in 45 minutes to go to work, have my first hearing at 8:45....no use going to bed.....it would be worse....

LiberalNation
12-22-2008, 08:05 AM
man that sucks.

Kathianne
12-22-2008, 08:11 AM
But the weather here has been awful, which I've posted about quite a bit. Got the day off Friday, wind chills hit late on Saturday along with 3 more inches of snow.

This morning we are still on wind chill advisory until noon, winter storm advisory kicks in Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday. Right now the thermometer is showing -8F.

darin
12-22-2008, 08:36 AM
That weather sounds dreamy! :)

Kathianne
12-22-2008, 08:37 AM
That weather sounds dreamy! :)

Ok I can go along with the snow, but NOT wind chills lower than -30F. Got to remember our winds. Bbbbbrrrrrr

Noir
12-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Ok I can go along with the snow, but NOT wind chills lower than -30F. Got to remember our winds. Bbbbbrrrrrr

Atleast you get snow, all we get is constant wind and rain :( and that includes the summer, which this year consisted of 2 warm weeks in May.

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2008, 10:26 AM
with 3 more inches of snow.

/grins.....got up Sunday morning around 8, cleared the driveway and got all the snow off the cars......then found out church was cancelled......we had three inches more before noon.....we got 24 inches so far in this storm, 51 so far this year......

Kathianne
12-22-2008, 10:30 AM
/grins.....got up Sunday morning around 8, cleared the driveway and got all the snow off the cars......then found out church was cancelled......we had three inches more before noon.....we got 24 inches so far in this storm, 51 so far this year......

Sorry about your daughter getting caught in the weather, but at least with a train can be pretty certain they were warm. We're nearly 10" over 'normal' for this time. More coming tomorrow. I just hope we can get out Christmas Eve.

Mr. P
12-22-2008, 11:51 AM
My daughter and a couple of other girls went to Chicago this weekend to shop on the Miracle Mile.....they went by Amtrak....and we got a blizzard.....train was supposed to be in town at 10:20 pm last night.....accidents blocked the tracks, switches not working in the snow, rescheduled track time due to late trains.....we just picked her up from the station and it's 5:54 am......I need to get up in 45 minutes to go to work, have my first hearing at 8:45....no use going to bed.....it would be worse....

Internet shopping ROCKS!

Trigg
12-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Well it's a blustery 5 degrees with windchill I think they're putting it at -15. Yuck, Yuck and more Yuck.

We took our 10 year old and some buddies rollerskating yesterday to celebrate h is 11th birthday early. It was frigid yesterday and this got some of their energy out.

We only lost power for 4 hours on Friday, but luckily we have a gas fireplace and gas stove and we were prepaired with water to cook with. We were fine and the house stayed nice and toasty. My younger sister is still without power as are 5 people I work with. Nasty storm.

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2008, 04:34 PM
....found out today it got even worse....after my daughter got off the train, it pulled a mile down the tracks and stopped again.....the crew got off and left with the remaining passengers stranded 25 miles from their final destination....

news at eleven http://www.mlive.com/grpress/news/index.ssf/2008/12/passengers_angry_relieved_to_e.html

Abbey Marie
12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
....found out today it got even worse....after my daughter got off the train, it pulled a mile down the tracks and stopped again.....the crew got off and left with the remaining passengers stranded 25 miles from their final destination....

news at eleven http://www.mlive.com/grpress/news/index.ssf/2008/12/passengers_angry_relieved_to_e.html

That happened to me once when a snowstorm hit on my commute home from NYC to PA. The conductor just dumped us all out in a random town far from home. Some of us went into a bar to keep warm and try to call a cab. After a couple of mintues, I noticed there a was pole in the middle of the bar. Luckily for me, the dancers were off-duty at the time.

LiberalNation
12-22-2008, 04:46 PM
nothing wrong with dancer, no need to be such a prude all the time.

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2008, 06:54 PM

you misunderstood....it was lucky for Abbey because, since the pole was vacant at the time, she had a chance to earn cab fare....

LiberalNation
12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
lol

12-22-2008, 08:01 PM

There is nothing prudish about modesty and respect.

Mr. P
12-22-2008, 08:16 PM
you misunderstood....it was lucky for Abbey because, since the pole was vacant at the time, she had a chance to earn cab fare....

Lawyers take advantage of everything, don't they? :poke::laugh2:

Sitarro
12-22-2008, 08:25 PM

Boy, I know what you mean about cold weather, a front came in Saturday night and it's been really cold here too........ look at these temps we're having to deal with!:coffee:

Abbey Marie
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM

LN, the day I need advice from you on how to live, will never come.

Abbey Marie
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
There is nothing prudish about modesty and respect.

:clap:

LiberalNation
12-23-2008, 01:18 AM
LN, the day I need advice from you on how to live, will never come.
no, the day youll take it will never come but really you are among one of the most prudish persons on this board.

12-23-2008, 02:35 AM
no, the day youll take it will never come but really you are among one of the most prudish persons on this board.

as I said before, there is nothing wrong with modesty and self respect.

Kathianne
12-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Boy, I know what you mean about cold weather, a front came in Saturday night and it's been really cold here too........ look at these temps we're having to deal with!:coffee:

LOL! I know, something I do keep thinking about.

http://www.csagsi.org/know_chi.htm

You Know You're From Chicago if......
You - correctly - don't pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois.
You become irate at people who do.
You measure distance in minutes.
You have no problem spelling or pronouncing "Des Plaines".
Your school classes were canceled because of excessive cold.
Your school classes were canceled because of excessive heat.
You've even had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
Stores don't have sacks, they have bags.
You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year.
You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?" or "If you go to the mall I wanna go with."
You can locate Illinois on the United States map.
Your idea of a really great tenderloin is when the meat is at least twice as big as the bun and accompanied only by ketchup and a dill pickle slice.
You install security lights on your house and garage and then leave both unlocked.
When asked how your trip was to any foreign, exotic place, you say, "It was different."
You carry jumper cables in your car.
You know what the numbers I-80, 55, and 90 mean.
You realize that I-290, I-90, I-94, and I-294 are all different roads.
You refer to any interstate highway as "the Tollway" or else "the expressway."
You know the given names of the interstates, i.e.: Stevenson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Dan Ryan.
You refer to anything south of I-80 as "Southern Illinois".
You refer to Lake Michigan as "The Lake".
You refer to Chicago as "The City".
No matter where you are, when you hear the term "Downtown" you immediately assume they are talking about Downtown Chicago.
You find yourself referring to the central business district of any city you happen to be in as "The Loop."
You have two favorite football teams: The Bears and anyone who beats the Green Bay Packers.
A brawl over which Chicago baseball team is better breaks out every year at your neighborhood block party
Even though you live 3 hours south, you still buy "The Trib."
You know what goes on a Chicago Style Hot Dog.
You know what Chicago Style Pizza is -- and feel pity for those that don't, and with good reason!
You know why they call Chicago "the Windy City".
You understand what "lake-effect" means.
You know the difference between Amtrack and Metra, and know which station they end up at.
You have ridden an "L" (elevated train).

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 09:37 AM
My aunt and I wrote a jamm back in the '70's titled "I Just Came In Here To Get Out Of The Rain". It's a great little devilish jamm and it reminds me of the lies that abby tells. I'll try and find the lyrics and post them back when I do.

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Abbey Marie
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM

You are certainly correct about me never taking advice from you. Once you started defending your brother's animal abuse, I knew you had some moral deficiencies. Sorry, but I will go elsewhere for advice when I need it.

As for me being the most prudish person on this board: Since from you that actually translates to, "You do not act slutty, and you respect yourself and other women", I will just say "Thank you for the honor". :)

Abbey Marie
12-23-2008, 02:42 PM
My aunt and I wrote a jamm back in the '70's titled "I Just Came In Here To Get Out Of The Rain". It's a great little devilish jamm and it reminds me of the lies that abby tells. I'll try and find the lyrics and post them back when I do.

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Psycho,
Calling me a liar now? You truly are an ugly person and the worst instigator this board has ever seen. Prove that I have EVER lied on this board, or anywhere for that matter. I mean it; prove it now.

Kathianne
12-23-2008, 03:41 PM
You are certainly correct about me never taking advice from you. Once you started defending your brother's animal abuse, I knew you had some moral deficiencies. Sorry, but I will go elsewhere for advice when I need it.

As for me being the most prudish person on this board: Since from you that actually translates to, "You do not act slutty, and you respect yourself and other women", I will just say "Thank you for the honor". :)

I second all you said. There is a difference between being open and being vulgar. Too many do not recognize the difference and demean themselves and all who come in contact with them. Your responses, along with many of ours, are not prudish, rather appropriate.
Merry Christmas to all!

Yurt
12-23-2008, 03:53 PM

how compassionate and judgmental you are....i bet you love it when people call your gender orientation names :poke:

5stringJeff
12-23-2008, 03:54 PM

And she's also one of the most respected women on the board.

LiberalNation
12-23-2008, 03:55 PM
how compassionate and judgmental you are....i bet you love it when people call your gender orientation names :poke:
actually I do. LN enjoys negative attention.

and the world would be a much darke place if ther were no sluts, no dancers, and we all adhered to abby's idea of modest.

LiberalNation
12-23-2008, 03:57 PM
And she's also one of the most respected women on the board.

Of course she is, comin off as all nicey, nice, but that doesn't not make her a prude and a drag on everyone elses good time.

I really respect my grandmother, I still think my grandmother is too stiff in her ways.

12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
actually I do.

and the world would be a much darke place if ther were no sluts, no dancers, and we all adhered to abby's idea of modest.

Actually quite the opposite.

Men would act like real men. Women would act like real women. the rising generation would be raised as it should be. Within a generation we'd likely wipe out most sexually transmitted diseases.

We'd have stable families, which of course, means stable economics. People would labor for things of more worth and merit.

Seriously, im not seeing a downside to it.

LiberalNation
12-23-2008, 04:01 PM
you should join the amish is that is your idea of a perfect world. They do a pretty good job of it.

12-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Of course she is, comin off as all nicey, nice, but that doesn't not make her a prude and a drag on everyone elses good time.

I really respect my grandmother, I still think my grandmother is too stiff in her ways.

Honestly, I dont think you'd know a good time if you were in the middle of it.

Abbey Marie
12-23-2008, 04:12 PM

"Comin off as all nicey nice"? Is that your way of implying that I am really a nasty b**ch? :laugh2:

Some of you are trying hard to make this an unpleasant place to be as Christmas approaches. I know; misery loves company. It's not going to happen, though. Jim deserves better, and so do so many of the other really nice people on this board. Christmas as evidence of God's love will prevail.

12-23-2008, 04:55 PM
you should join the amish is that is your idea of a perfect world. They do a pretty good job of it.

Amish? I said be modest and treat people with respect, not strip yourself of all electronics and technology. I dont see how you can associate the two.

You are young. You'll soon learn that having fun and respecting yourself and others is not mutually exclusive.