PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh Is Right on the Fairness Doctrine

red states rule
12-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Even the head lib who runs Dead Air America agrees with Rush when it comes to "Fairness Doctrine"

Even though Dead Air America is a flop, he still does not want people to be forced to listen to him radio program

Limbaugh Is Right on the Fairness Doctrine
Liberals don't need equal-time rules to compete.

snip

Rush created the new AM template, and it spread like wildfire. When programmers and sales managers get a whiff of success, it is cloned in every conceivable way until the audience, once grateful for innovation, tunes out.

So why didn't liberal talk radio flourish as well? There are several reasons, none of which has to do with a lack of talent. Bill Maher, Al Franken, Stephanie Miller, David Bender, Janeane Garofalo, Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow all have the chops.

First, boring hosts made the occasional, unsuccessful foray (sorry, Mario Cuomo). Second, some talented lefties like Mike Malloy were cast into the abyss of right-wing talk radio where they were completely out of place. (Radio is a mood servicing drug; format purity rules.)

Finally, most broadcast owners are conservative. Programs like Rush's have made them rich, so the last thing they want is to mess with success, particularly if it entails airing opinions they don't share. Trust me, it took us years to get them to play rock 'n' roll.

No one tried a national, 24-hour liberal station before Air America Radio. When we founded Air America, we aimed to establish a talk network that lived at the intersection of politics and entertainment. Of course, we were motivated by our political leanings. But as a lifelong broadcaster, I was certain that at least half the American audience was underserved by conservative talk radio. Here was an opportunity to capture listeners turned off by the likes of, say, Sean Hannity. The business opportunity was enticing.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122990390599425181.html

April15
12-22-2008, 02:23 PM
One more thing is that liberals don't buy stuff for social acceptance like conservatives do. Hence the poor returns on advertising.

PostmodernProphet
12-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Liberals don't need equal-time rules to compete.

true, they need brains to compete....that's why they're screwed.....

Sitarro
12-22-2008, 05:27 PM
One more thing is that liberals don't buy stuff for social acceptance like conservatives do. Hence the poor returns on advertising.

Do you ever have anything worthwhile to post...... ever? You imbeciles buy Priuses(to impress each other) even though the construction of those ugly piles of shit negates any conservation of natural resources.

April15
12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Do you ever have anything worthwhile to post...... ever? You imbeciles buy Priuses(to impress each other) even though the construction of those ugly piles of shit negates any conservation of natural resources.I own a ford F-450 for my business. As to posting worthwhile things I do it on every post you just don't understand English.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 05:26 AM

Companies like Pro Flowers, Lobster Gram, Sleep Number Bed, Lumber Liquidators, and other companies that buy ad time on Rush's and Sean's show are doing very well

What "poor return" are you talking about? Of course your judgement is questionable - you considered the Reagan years bad for America :lol:

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Rush Limpdick is always "right"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even an imbecile knows that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, he is almost never "correct"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even imbeciles know that as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Cept maybe you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you're not an imbecile are you?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

BTW, rsr is a neg rep coward and uses his idiocy to diminish otherwise solid American conversations. Be careful. He just may neg you and with his self ordained power could easily reduce you in some rather insignificant way. Public Announcement #1.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Rush Limpdick is always "right"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even an imbecile knows that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, he is almost never "correct"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even imbeciles know that as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Cept maybe you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you're not an imbecile are you?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

Are you going to even try and debate this issue, or is all insults all the time with you?

I understand why liberals want to silence Rush. He diarms them with facts and logic - and like here on DP - libs respond with personal attacks and try to change the subject

The mani topic is PB, the head liberal at Air America AGREES with Rush on the "Fairness Doctrine"

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 05:39 AM
You're so cute and mis-spell so much when you are convoluted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to even try and debate this issue, or is all insults all the time with you?

I understand why liberals want to silence Rush. He diarms them with facts and logic - and like here on DP - libs respond with personal attacks and try to change the subject

The mani topic is PB, the head liberal at Air America AGREES with Rush on the "Fairness Doctrine"

Kiss this, bitch rsr: :pee:

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-23-2008, 05:41 AM
You're so cute and mis-spell so much when you are convoluted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiss this, bitch rsr: :pee:

Psychoblues

Are you takong over for Virgil now? Since he has left the board in total disgrace and humilation you have increased your level of insults and attacks

Here is the real reason libs want their Fairness Doctrine

Where are the liberals at?

http://www.talkers.com/images/audiencechart.jpg

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Do you still whine about MFM? Typical of such a cowardass as you.

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-23-2008, 05:47 AM
Do you still whine about MFM? Typical of such a cowardass as you.

Psychoblues

Who is whining? Virgil has gievn the board a great Christmas gift. On a rare instance, Virgil actually did in his own life what he demanded others to do

He wanted the US to cut and run in Iraq when things got difficult - and he did the same thing here when things got difficult.

I asked if you were taking over for him.

Now back tot he topic - do you plan to debate it, or do what Virgil would do, and try to derail the thread?

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 05:50 AM
You have already de-railed it, dumbo. MSM never advocated any cut and run strategy as you propose here.

Who is whining? Virgil has gievn the board a great Christmas gift. On a rare instance, Virgil actually did in his own life what he demanded others to do

He wanted the US to cut and run in Iraq when things got difficult - and he did the same thing here when things got difficult.

I asked if you were taking over for him.

Now back tot he topic - do you plan to debate it, or do what Virgil would do, and try to derail the thread?

But, that's a different topic, correct?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?

Kiss my ass, coward.

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-23-2008, 05:51 AM
You have already de-railed it, dumbo. MSM never advocated any cut and run strategy as you propose here.

But, that's a different topic, correct?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?

Kiss my ass, coward.

Psychoblues

I accept your unconditional surrender on this thread PB. It is clear you have no intention of trying to discuss this topic.

bullypulpit
12-23-2008, 05:57 AM
true, they need brains to compete....that's why they're screwed.....

I think you've gotten it the wrong way around, old son. The right wing in America is as morally and intellectually bankrupt as they come, and fear competing in the marketplace of ideas. Which is why their debates are limited to a few emotional hot-button, but essentially meaningless issues like same gender marriage...the "War on Christmas" and the repression of the "straight, white, male, Christian American". By pandering to this lowest common denominator, they assure themselves of a audience of a certain, low character...fearful, uncertain, willing to permit others to think for them, seeking absolute certainty in a world which is anything but certain.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:01 AM
I think you've gotten it the wrong way around, old son. The right wing in America is as morally and intellectually bankrupt as they come, and fear competing in the marketplace of ideas. Which is why their debates are limited to a few emotional hot-button, but essentially meaningless issues like same gender marriage...the "War on Christmas" and the repression of the "straight, white, male, Christian American". By pandering to this lowest common denominator, they assure themselves of a audience of a certain, low character...fearful, uncertain, willing to permit others to think for them, seeking absolute certainty in a world which is anything but certain.

Yea, libs run on such great ideas like "hope" and "change".

Now everything they were opposed to during the campaign they support like deficit spending, no tax increases, no windfall profit tax on oil companies, no cut and run in Iraq, and not closing GITMO

That is why the top radio talk show hosts are conservatives, and why libs are desperate to silence them by having the government monitoring politcal speech on the airwaves

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Rush, like you, is an idiot.

I accept your unconditional surrender on this thread PB. It is clear you have no intention of trying to discuss this topic.

That can't be denied or even obfuscated by any stretch of the imagination.

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Rush, like you, is an idiot.

That can't be denied or even obfuscated by any stretch of the imagination.

Psychoblues

and like with Rush, when liberals can't compete in the arena of ideas, they attack

Thank you Virgil JR :laugh2:

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 06:39 AM
No doubt that MSM kicked your ass regularly.

and like with Rush, when liberals can't compete in the arena of ideas, they attack

Thank you Virgil JR :laugh2:

But your whining about it is getting very old, rsr.

Kiss this, punkass: :pee:

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:41 AM
No doubt that MSM kicked your ass regularly.

But your whining about it is getting very old, rsr.

Kiss this, punkass: :pee:

Psychoblues

Let me know when that happens Virgil Jr :laugh2:

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:43 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/rush4/images/header.jpg

Merry Christmas PB

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 06:52 AM
And a Happy Holidays to you as well, dumbo rsr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:53 AM
And a Happy Holidays to you as well, dumbo rsr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Ah, a liberal version of wishing someone a Merry Christmas :rolleyes:

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 07:09 AM
You really are an idiot, aren't you, rsr.

Ah, a liberal version of wishing someone a Merry Christmas :rolleyes:

I think I told you this before, but I'm glad to tell you this again, kiss this :pee:

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 07:26 AM
What is Obamacare, dickhead rsr?

You really are an idiot, aren't you, rsr.

I think I told you this before, but I'm glad to tell you this again, kiss this :pee:

Psychoblues

Stick your neg reps up your cowardly ass. You really are a weak one. You prove it every time you neg rep me. Sorry 'bout that, I will not return your ignorance and cowardices.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-23-2008, 07:27 AM
What is Obamacare, dickhead rsr?

Stick your neg reps up your cowardly ass. You really are a weak one. You prove it every time you neg rep me. Sorry 'bout that, I will not return your ignorance and cowardices.

Psychoblues

PB, put him on ignore if he's pissing you off so. Or feel free to go to the cage and rant.

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 07:49 AM
If you feel compelled to move the conversation to the cage I will not stand in your way, Kat.

PB, put him on ignore if he's pissing you off so. Or feel free to go to the cage and rant.

I do not have anyone on ignore and I will not place anyone on ignore. If the idiot continues to spew his idiocies and neg rep me like the idiot he is I will continue to expose him as the genuine idiot and asshole that I believe him to be.

Thanks for the advise, Kat. I always, whether I show it or not, respect you and your opinions. You ARE the moderator in this case.

Do what you feel you need to do. I will continue to post as a simple member and accept, as I always have, the decisions that moderators make. I don't believe for a moment that the shithead can do the same or even understand the concept. For whatever reason some here seem to think he is something to admire. In some strange and small way I guess I do as well. But in this case he is an idiot and I maintain that observation.

Psychoblues

stephanie
12-23-2008, 08:14 AM

bla bla bla..we hear the same shit every time you all get LUCKY enough to win a Presidential election..Just wait, four years of the little Marxist and higher taxes on EVERYTHING, and I believe people will be running to vote his ass out as fast as they did your alls Jimma Carter..

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 08:22 AM
'Zat all you got, stevie?

bla bla bla..we hear the same shit every time you all get LUCKY enough to win a Presidential election..Just wait, four years of the little Marxist and higher taxes on EVERYTHING, and I believe people will be running to vote his ass out as fast as they did your alls Jimma Carter..

psssssst, bartender, give her virgin cods here on out,,,,,,,,,,,,

Psychoblues

April15
12-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Companies like Pro Flowers, Lobster Gram, Sleep Number Bed, Lumber Liquidators, and other companies that buy ad time on Rush's and Sean's show are doing very well

What "poor return" are you talking about? Of course your judgement is questionable - you considered the Reagan years bad for America :lol:I do not consider raygoons years as bad for America, I know they were some of the worst.
The advertisers on conservative shows get good return on the money as those are the people who will buy something just to have it, whereas libs are not into the status of a mercedes they would rather an outback or a prius.

red states rule
12-24-2008, 08:34 AM
I do not consider raygoons years as bad for America, I know they were some of the worst.
The advertisers on conservative shows get good return on the money as those are the people who will buy something just to have it, whereas libs are not into the status of a mercedes they would rather an outback or a prius.

Bottom line is, conservative talk shows have a larger audience, gives higher ratings to the stations, brings in more revenue to the station owner, and is a prime space for businesses to buy ad time

Liberal talk shows, for the most part, are nothing more then a tax writeoff

April15
12-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Bottom line is, conservative talk shows have a larger audience, gives higher ratings to the stations, brings in more revenue to the station owner, and is a prime space for businesses to buy ad time

Liberal talk shows, for the most part, are nothing more then a tax writeoff
Correct!

Joe Steel
12-24-2008, 01:09 PM

No doubt.

As the posted article said, "(r)adio is a mood servicing drug; format purity rules." The misfits, malcontents and miscreants who keep conservative radio's ratings high, need a steady flow of hate and distortion to keep themselves piqued and to keep their rage flowing. Where else would they get it?

12-24-2008, 01:20 PM
No doubt.

As the posted article said, "(r)adio is a mood servicing drug; format purity rules." The misfits, malcontents and miscreants who keep conservative radio's ratings high, need a steady flow of hate and distortion to keep themselves piqued and to keep their rage flowing. Where else would they get it?

Funny, Ive never heard any hate on right radio. Its the left with the hate. Your post here is a perfect example.

Joe Steel
12-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Funny, Ive never heard any hate on right radio. Its the left with the hate. Your post here is a perfect example.

Then you've never listened or your so deeply absorbed by your own rage, you don't notice.

Immanuel
12-24-2008, 01:46 PM

I'd say you have never had the mis-pleasure of hearing Michael Savage. It was he who began to turn me off of people like Sean Hannity (whom I used to really enjoy) and Rush (whom I found entertaining at times)

But then, you can hear the same thing from the left if you can stomach listening to people like Randi Rhodes or Al Franken.

Immie

red states rule
12-24-2008, 02:00 PM
I'd say you have never had the mis-pleasure of hearing Michael Savage. It was he who began to turn me off of people like Sean Hannity (whom I used to really enjoy) and Rush (whom I found entertaining at times)

But then, you can hear the same thing from the left if you can stomach listening to people like Randi Rhodes or Al Franken.

Immie

I have never heard any hate at all from Rush, Sean, or Laura. Unless you call the truth about liberals and liberilism hate - which many on the left do

Savage is a nut who I ignore

red states rule
12-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Then you've never listened or your so deeply absorbed by your own rage, you don't notice.

I ave heard many on the left call for the death of Pres Bush and other Republicans simply becuase they oppose the beliefs of liberals

Is that not hate - or the normal reaction of liberals when someone has a different opinion?

Joe Steel
12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I ave heard many on the left call for the death of Pres Bush and other Republicans simply becuase they oppose the beliefs of liberals

Is that not hate - or the normal reaction of liberals when someone has a different opinion?

John Paul II said the death penalty was permissible when it was necessary to prevent more killing.

April15
12-24-2008, 04:45 PM

Is that not hate - or the normal reaction of liberals when someone has a different opinion?Mostly it has been me who has supported assassinating Bush. Not so much for his beliefs but for his stupidity in matters of humanity. The man is a walking expose on being obtuse!

April15
12-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Then you've never listened or your so deeply absorbed by your own rage, you don't notice.The dittoheads have no conscience other than what Rush gives them so it isn't his fault for not noticing.

emmett
12-24-2008, 04:55 PM
The concept of radio is quite obvious. Conservatives dominate the airwaves because their listeners are working and don't have time to watch TV like the stay at home lazy ass liberals who whine about the only place where they WILL NEVER DOMINATE unless they use their majority of queer ass college kid voters' political products to change the rules, and of course that will be futile because they still won't listen to talk radio. Fairness Doctrine or no, conservative hosts shows will still dominate! Only after the US Government declares Conservatism illegal (around 2016 or so) will it be stopped. Even after that, when conservative talk radio is the product illegal broadcasting, they will still hail a larger audience of folks willing to risk their freedom to listen than lazy ass liberals shows, which will by then be a social requirement.

Think this is funny! It ain't and it will happen! Conservative talk radio will be against the law one day. It will be considered anti-American, they will use the term communist, extremist and others..... it will happen. Persons who promote a conservative agenda will be considered outlaws who wish to tear apart the fabric of American society. It will be conservatives fault that there is hunger, poverty and even crime in our country.

stephanie
12-24-2008, 05:04 PM
The dittoheads have no conscience other than what Rush gives them so it isn't his fault for not noticing.

yeah right..

and I could accuse you of sounding like a walking talking DNC talking point memo..or of being Keith Olbermans twin..:thumb:

April15
12-24-2008, 07:08 PM
The concept of radio is quite obvious. Conservatives dominate the airwaves because their listeners are working and don't have time to watch TV like the stay at home lazy ass liberals who whine about the only place where they WILL NEVER DOMINATE unless they use their majority of queer ass college kid voters' political products to change the rules, and of course that will be futile because they still won't listen to talk radio. Fairness Doctrine or no, conservative hosts shows will still dominate! Only after the US Government declares Conservatism illegal (around 2016 or so) will it be stopped. Even after that, when conservative talk radio is the product illegal broadcasting, they will still hail a larger audience of folks willing to risk their freedom to listen than lazy ass liberals shows, which will by then be a social requirement.

Think this is funny! It ain't and it will happen! Conservative talk radio will be against the law one day. It will be considered anti-American, they will use the term communist, extremist and others..... it will happen. Persons who promote a conservative agenda will be considered outlaws who wish to tear apart the fabric of American society. It will be conservatives fault that there is hunger, poverty and even crime in our country.

I'd go for making them illegal today!

stephanie
12-24-2008, 07:19 PM
I see a lot of liberals don't appreciate that thing called...freedom of speech.

they might want to beware of what they wish for...if it happens to talk radio, it WILL come down on them also..

welcome to COMMUNIST UNITED STATES of America

12-24-2008, 07:31 PM

I listen all the time. and Im not angry about anything Joe.

However, I have no doubt you havent listened. So you probably wouldnt be a good authority on it.

12-24-2008, 07:37 PM

Yeah of course you would. Heaven forbid we have freedom.

emmett
12-24-2008, 08:35 PM

Would you? Go figure!

April15
12-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Would you? Go figure!Sure would! I have yet to find a conservative worth knowing.

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2008, 09:35 PM

so only conservatives keep up with the jones's?

im not buying this

explain further plz

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Sure would! I have yet to find a conservative worth knowing.

what about me, i consider you a friend :beer:

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2008, 09:37 PM
will someone please explain how do u legislate fairness?

how did the fairness doctrine come to be, and why did it fail?

manu1959
12-24-2008, 11:50 PM

what utter bullshit......i live in the center of liberal group think.....prius.....hemp shopping bags.....

red states rule
12-25-2008, 09:12 AM
I listen all the time. and Im not angry about anything Joe.

However, I have no doubt you havent listened. So you probably wouldnt be a good authority on it.

Most libs who whine about Rush and Sean and the "hate" they sprew do not listen to their shows. They depend on sites like Media Matters to tell them what to say about conservative talk shows and the hosts of those shows

April15
12-25-2008, 01:01 PM
what utter bullshit......i live in the center of liberal group think.....prius.....hemp shopping bags.....Think ecology not status.

manu1959
12-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Think ecology not status.

what do these folks plan on doing with the prius batteries.......

April15
12-25-2008, 03:19 PM
what do these folks plan on doing with the prius batteries.......Recycling the nickel. Or the same thing the world has done with nuclear waste.

manu1959
12-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Recycling the nickel. Or the same thing the world has done with nuclear waste.

soputting it in a dedicated landfill......doesn't sound too enviro friendly....