PDA

View Full Version : President Bush and Vice President Cheney

Sitarro
12-22-2008, 05:21 PM
These are the guys that don't need the media to show up for them to do the right thing. These guys have been lied about, cussed out and had many death threats and wishes sent by the imbeciles on the left, screw you all assholes! These are real people unlike the car salesmen that you dickheads cheated and lied to get elected into office.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/22/bush-cheney-comforted-troops-privately/

Bush, Cheney comforted troops privately
Met with thousands of war injured, kin out of spotlight

Joseph Curl and John Solomon
Monday, December 22, 2008

For much of the past seven years, President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney have waged a clandestine operation inside the White House. It has involved thousands of military personnel, private presidential letters and meetings that were kept off their public calendars or sometimes left the news media in the dark.

Their mission: to comfort the families of soldiers who died fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and to lift the spirits of those wounded in the service of their country.

On Monday, the president is set to make a more common public trip - with reporters in tow - to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, home to many of the wounded and a symbol of controversy earlier in his presidency over the quality of care the veterans were receiving.

But the size and scope of Mr. Bush's and Mr. Cheney's private endeavors to meet with wounded soliders and families of the fallen far exceed anything that has been witnessed publicly, according to interviews with more than a dozen officials familiar with the effort.

"People say, 'Why would you do that?'" the president said in an Oval Office interview with The Washington Times on Friday. "And the answer is: This is my duty. The president is commander in chief, but the president is often comforter in chief, as well. It is my duty to be - to try to comfort as best as I humanly can a loved one who is in anguish."

Mr. Bush, for instance, has sent personal letters to the families of every one of the more than 4,000 troops who have died in the two wars, an enormous personal effort that consumed hours of his time and escaped public notice. The task, along with meeting family members of troops killed in action, has been so wrenching - balancing the anger, grief and pride of families coping with the loss symbolized by a flag-draped coffin - that the president often leaned on his wife, Laura, for emotional support.

"I lean on the Almighty and Laura," Mr. Bush said in the interview. "She has been very reassuring, very calming."

The first lady said those private visits, many of which she also attended, took a heavy emotional toll, not just on the president, but on her as well.

I will miss these guys......:salute:

April15
12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
They were the only people unable to kill either. They would have had no chance if they came to my area.

Sitarro
12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
They were the only people unable to kill either. They would have had no chance if they came to my area.

I've been to Burlingshit, California......... it sucks dick.

Immanuel
12-22-2008, 07:32 PM
These are the guys that don't need the media to show up for them to do the right thing. These guys have been lied about, cussed out and had many death threats and wishes sent by the imbeciles on the left, screw you all assholes! These are real people unlike the car salesmen that you dickheads cheated and lied to get elected into office.

I will miss these guys.:salute:

Sitarro,

Since when are car salesmen not real people? ;)

I honestly won't miss Bush or Cheney. Definitely not Cheney but I'm not thrilled about the men taking their places either. I'm sick of the corruption and have come to realize that it exists in both parties.

Immie

Sitarro
12-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Sitarro,

Since when are car salesmen not real people? ;)

I honestly won't miss Bush or Cheney. Definitely not Cheney but I'm not thrilled about the men taking their places either. I'm sick of the corruption and have come to realize that it exists in both parties.

Immie

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/04/20010413-5.html

In addition to $41,646 contributed by the Cheneys to charities, they gifted the benefit of all their remaining stock options, having a value of approximately $7,800,000, to three charities. The charities chosen by the Cheneys are Capital Partners for Education, which provides educational assistance to low-income high school-age children in the Washington, D.C. area, George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates, also in Washington, D.C., and the University of Wyoming in their home state. Because the options themselves were not transferable, the gift was made through a gift administration agreement. The gift administrator is to exercise the options and donate all proceeds, after payment of taxes payable because of the exercise of the options, to the charities. The options contributed were certain options in Halliburton Company and other companies that the Cheneys had received as compensation for employment or for service on boards of directors. The estimated value of the options is reached by using valuation methods approved by the Internal Revenue Service for valuing options when given away as gifts.

Yea, what a terrible guy.

Sitarro
12-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Another former Vice President's charitable donations......... real impressive Algore!

http://edition.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/04/15/gore.taxes/

Gores' Charitable Giving Raises Some Eyebrows

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, April 15) -- In a 34-page 1997 federal tax return, Vice President Al Gore and wife Tipper reported giving $353 to charity, an amount much lower than donations the family has made in previous tax cycles.

That figure is less than one-tenth the typical contribution amount for someone with the Gores' adjusted gross income of $197,729. That fact has caused some bewilderment in philanthropic circles because of the vice president's "good guy" image as an advocate for public service and social causes, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

"I would assume that he would want to do something to demonstrate that he was being socially responsible through his giving ... " Stacy Palmer, managing editor of the Chronicle of Philanthropy, told the Times.

The vice president's office responded by urging that the Gores be judged by their history of giving, not just the dollar figure from one year's tax return. Aides also said some donations could not be claimed on the form, including church contributions and Mrs. Gore's donations of food and clothing to the homeless.

"Contributing financially to charitable organizations is certainly noble and should be encouraged and is something that the Gores have done when the resources were there," said Chris Lehane, a spokesman for the vice president. "However, to truly judge a person's commitment to helping others, you need to consider what they have done with their lives and how they have spent their time -- and by that standard the Gores are extraordinarily committed."

The giving pattern of the Gores has been erratic over the years. Last year they gave $35,530, most of which came from the proceeds of Mrs. Gore's book, "Picture This."

In 1992, aided by the royalties of Gore's book, "Earth In The Balance," the couple donated $52,558. Most of that -- $50,000 -- went to the University of Tennessee to endow a chair in memory of Gore's late sister.

During the years in between the Gores did not itemize their tax returns, and therefore no charitable donation statistics are available for that period.

But this year's $353 ranks very low by national standards. The Times reported that a survey by the pro-philanthropy Independent Sector shows the average American household gave $696 to charity in 1996.

IRS figures rank the Gores' 1997 level far below the average for households in their income bracket. Among households reporting income of $100,000 to $200,000 in 1995, the last year for which information is available, charitable contributions averaged $3,377.

April15
12-22-2008, 07:59 PM
I've been to Burlingshit, California......... it sucks dick.Thank you! I am so glad to know YOU would never come here again.

Sitarro
12-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow, Vice President-select is as generous as Algore!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-12-biden-financial_N.htm

By Matt Kelley, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden and his wife gave an average of $369 a year to charity during the past decade, his tax records show.
Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama's campaign today released 10 years' worth of tax returns for Biden, a senator from Delaware, and his wife Jill, a community college instructor. The Bidens reported earning $319,853 last year, including $71,000 in royalties for his memoir, Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics.

LOOK BACK: McCain, Obama financial records
The Bidens reported giving $995 in charitable donations last year — about 0.3% of their income and the highest amount in the past decade. The low was $120 in 1999, about 0.1% of yearly income.

Over the decade, the Bidens reported a total of $3,690 in charitable donations, or 0.2% of their income.

Immanuel
12-22-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/04/20010413-5.html

In addition to $41,646 contributed by the Cheneys to charities, they gifted the benefit of all their remaining stock options, having a value of approximately $7,800,000, to three charities. The charities chosen by the Cheneys are Capital Partners for Education, which provides educational assistance to low-income high school-age children in the Washington, D.C. area, George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates, also in Washington, D.C., and the University of Wyoming in their home state. Because the options themselves were not transferable, the gift was made through a gift administration agreement. The gift administrator is to exercise the options and donate all proceeds, after payment of taxes payable because of the exercise of the options, to the charities. The options contributed were certain options in Halliburton Company and other companies that the Cheneys had received as compensation for employment or for service on boards of directors. The estimated value of the options is reached by using valuation methods approved by the Internal Revenue Service for valuing options when given away as gifts.

Yea, what a terrible guy.

Is this supposed to make him a "swell" guy? I could really care less if he gave $100,000,000. Personally, I don't believe that he should brag about his gifts. It makes it look like he is doing it for recognition rather than out of the goodness of his heart.

I simply do not like the man.

Immie

Sitarro
12-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Is this supposed to make him a "swell" guy? I could really care less if he gave $100,000,000. Personally, I don't believe that he should brag about his gifts. It makes it look like he is doing it for recognition rather than out of the goodness of his heart.

I simply do not like the man.

Immie

I'm guessing that you meant to say that you couldn't care less, common mistake, like when people say Canadian Geese....... they are Canada Geese. I'm sure you feel you have a reason to not like the man, I don't know him that well. I don't believe he was bragging about his charitable giving, I'm sure he really doesn't care what people think of him, it was required to be reported and the site mentioned it.

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 04:22 AM
Actually, zero, if I read immie correctly I think he really "could" care less.

I'm guessing that you meant to say that you couldn't care less, common mistake, like when people say Canadian Geese....... they are Canada Geese. I'm sure you feel you have a reason to not like the man, I don't know him that well. I don't believe he was bragging about his charitable giving, I'm sure he really doesn't care what people think of him, it was required to be reported and the site mentioned it.

But, not by much.

Just who appointed you the Grammar Policeman or are you simply carrying out a personal delusion? You've pulled that shit on several others around here including me before. Are you bored or just stupid?!!????!??!?!?!?!?!?!!???!?!?!?!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues