PDA

View Full Version : Children's Book Depicts Santa Fighting Global Warming

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:19 AM
Liberals so anything to push their agenda on our kids

http://www.cultureandmedia.com/Stillshots/santaglobalwarming.jpg

Children's Book Depicts Santa Fighting Global Warming
'Santa Goes Green' pushes eco-agenda with story of boy who forgoes toys to save polar bear habitat.

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
December 22, 2008

’Tis the season … to be green. No, not even the traditions of Christmas are immune to the efforts of global warming activism.

No, it’s not Al Gore’s, “How Greenhouse Gases Stole Christmas,” but a children’s story is pushing a similar green agenda. The recently published book by Anne Margaret Lewis called “Santa Goes Green” is about a boy who writes Santa and asks him to help raise awareness about global warming so that his adopted polar bear won’t lose its home.

“You see, it’s like this Santa,” the book reads. “I’ve adopted a polar bear named Leopold. He is in danger of losing his home. I’m sure you being in the North Pole you know about the melting glaciers. All I want this year Santa, is to save Leopold and his home.”

Santa Claus visits the boy, takes him to see the polar bear and then in a moment of eco-awakening, he makes his operations at the North Pole green.

“They arrived back at the North Pole and Santa had a grand idea,” the book reads. “He leaned in toward Swift [the head elf] and told him his new plan. ‘We will collect all of the old toys, Swift, and make them new again. We will reuse last year’s wrapping paper. And we will harness the great North Pole wind to help power up the toy shop.’”

http://www.cultureandmediainstitute.org/articles/2008/20081222112128.aspx

Des
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
What do you propose we do? Burn the book? Ban it?

If you don't want a perceived agenda pushed on your kids...don't let them read the book. I imagine it's sort of like an athiest not giving their kids a bible to read. Pretty simple. The world is full of different people with different ideas.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 09:57 AM
What do you propose we do? Burn the book? Ban it?

If you don't want a perceived agenda pushed on your kids...don't let them read the book. I imagine it's sort of like an athiest not giving their kids a bible to read. Pretty simple. The world is full of different people with different ideas.

It shows how the left goes after our kids to push their lies and agenda

To bad the left does not share your attitude when it comes to talk radio - which they want to silence by having the government monitor poltical speech

They have a prblem with turning the dial -and people who choose to listen to the shows

Des
12-23-2008, 10:03 AM
It shows how the left goes after our kids to push their lies and agenda

To bad the left does not share your attitude when it comes to talk radio - which they want to silence by having the government monitor poltical speech

They have a prblem with turning the dial -and people who choose to listen to the shows

A lot of people go after kids to push their agenda, beginning with commercials on t.v. I hear a lot of people complaining about it who still turn the t.v. on and allow themselves and their kids to be exposed to the medias influence. I don't see the problem with books or t.v...or the radio. Don't let your child read it/watch it.listen to it. Or let them read this particular book and explain to them why you don't agree with the content. Use it as a learning experience to assist them in entering a world that is full of such different views. Teaching children your values (not you, just in general) doesn't have to stop at some sort of censorship. There will always be books someone doesn't agree with in one form or another, but there's little that can be done about it without oppressing the right to, well...write books.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 10:14 AM
A lot of people go after kids to push their agenda, beginning with commercials on t.v. I hear a lot of people complaining about it who still turn the t.v. on and allow themselves and their kids to be exposed to the medias influence. I don't see the problem with books or t.v...or the radio. Don't let your child read it/watch it.listen to it. Or let them read this particular book and explain to them why you don't agree with the content. Use it as a learning experience to assist them in entering a world that is full of such different views. Teaching children your values (not you, just in general) doesn't have to stop at some sort of censorship. There will always be books someone doesn't agree with in one form or another, but there's little that can be done about it without oppressing the right to, well...write books.

They do not push PC crap like this Des. Leave it to the kook left to use Sata and Chirstimas to sacre the hell out of kids in to actually thinking the Earth is burning up and humans are to blame

Only in the world of liberals would you have enviro wackos preaching global warming (or climate change) when it snowed in Malibu and Las Vegas, ice storms in many sections of the nation and, 2 to 3 feet of snow in the NE

Des
12-23-2008, 10:19 AM
They do not push PC crap like this Des. Leave it to the kook left to use Sata and Chirstimas to sacre the hell out of kids in to actually thinking the Earth is burning up and humans are to blame

Only in the world of liberals would you have enviro wackos preaching global warming (or climate change) when it snowed in Malibu and Las Vegas, ice storms in many sections of the nation and, 2 to 3 feet of snow in the NE

I still don't get the issue with the book. There are tons of really stupid kids books out there. Someone actually bought my son a book called "The Story of Farting" or something like that.

Part of climate change/global warming is enviromental change and instability. I separate politicians view of global warming (corporate buy, buy, buy mentality) with what I think is really happening...but a snowstorm doesn't negate what is suppose to be a gradula change.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 10:23 AM
I still don't get the issue with the book. There are tons of really stupid kids books out there. Someone actually bought my son a book called "The Story of Farting" or something like that.

Part of climate change/global warming is enviromental change and instability. I separate politicians view of global warming (corporate buy, buy, buy mentality) with what I think is really happening...but a snowstorm doesn't negate what is suppose to be a gradula change.

If you still do not get the issue with the book - I can't explain it any better. Global warming is a scam by the left to attack their worst enemy - capitalism

I would like to know from one of the enviro wackos how they think they're going to dispose of all their Prius batteries when they degrade in 5-8 years. :laugh2: