PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Prices are down

emmett
12-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Racetrac / Jefferson, Georgia

Regular 1.49
Diesel 2.29

Someone explain it to me!

Some favorite previous quotes: (no names attached)

Gas will never go below 3.00 a gallon again! (Me)

Prices may come down a little, but never that much!

4.00 Diesel is a reality!

It'll be over 6.00 gallon by Christmas (Steve Forbes)

Prices will fall again, it isn't necessary to tap the SOR at this time Speaker. I've been in the oil business for a long time, trust me, they will come back down. (President George W. Bush) to Speaker Nancy Pelosi

All of a sudden the intense prices fall. Over 70%. Now look.... I admit, I am certainly no economist, but I have been buying things for a while as a consumer and I pretty much know when I have been illegally and intentionally screwed.

The price of fuel just finished the biggest price fluxuation of any consumer product in history. EVER! Today, I am paying what I did 7 years ago for gas but sometime in between it went to four dollars. Hmmmm! My governments news agencies tell me it is because of the supply by foriegn entities. Why in the hell am I dependant on foreigners and allow them to influence my life in this way then? My country has enough oil in it's ground to support our appetite for 100 years. It's always been there.

I seem to have enemies right here at home however. The prestigous oil companies who hoarded up record profits during this time period, you know the companies who copuld have helped me provide bailout assistance to the banking industry but chose to fuck me instead, well, they seem to have no sensible explanation as to why they are all of a sudden willing to accept a slightly less volume of profit..... well.... not that much! They do say however that production by our good saudi friends will be cut by 2.5 million barrells a day due to our seeming windfall of sorts recently. (I haven't seen one single shredd of credit given to the President for his absolutely accurate prediction that this would happen however). Oil companies screwed us. They could have kept those prices lower than that shit! They did it to see what we would take. In addition, it was gas prices that caused the biggest burdens I have seen so far in our recent financial crisis.

It's trickle up...... not so tough really. Consumer has to spend three times as much on gas as normal, now cannot afford products. Products don't sell, people get laid off. People get laid off, bills don't get paid, houses are not paid for, mortgage companies fail, banks can't make notes....... wa-lah....... banking crisis! Then Bailout! The way I see it, the oil company conspirators, assisted by their hired group of forecasters, aided by a press that wishes to blame George Bush for everything from 911 to Hurricane Katrina, and an everpresent growing group of young voters, who basically don't know shit, have gotten us in to one of the scariest nightmares one could ever imagine. The oil companies are free to do as they may in a free market but conspiring together is another thing.

The variance in levels of product was the first clue to me that we were being screwed. When the sharp increases started, differences between grades of product remained the same. I got news for you, I know petrolium products and the additives are wayyyyyyyy more expensive than the fuel. Additives are what make the difference in levels of product. Premium gas is exactly the same as regular otherwise, it isn't refined any more or have any additional handling what so ever! The difference is a few additives..... sometimes! One might be suprized to find that mid grade is sometimes pumped into regular tanks..... on a fairly regular basis so loads can be handled easier and so forth. The rise of expense, product and labor should have caused the levels of product to seperate way more so than they did! I mean hell, the products have to be transported to the refinery, the gas companies don't produce these additive products.

It appears all of a sudden a little supply shift has caused this huge drop in gas prices? WRONG!!!!! Get real. Prices never had to go to 150 bucks a barrell. They did because we let it! China didn't pay those prices! Check it out! Their gas didn't triple lately either and then go back down to where it began.

What ever happened to gas wars, like back when the industry was honest and folks were out make a buck. I find it hard to believe that Hess, who pumps out most of their crude, would have had anywhere near the cost involved over a short term such as we just encountered and shopuld have been racking up business with a product that cost a dollar less at least. Nope, they made sure their product cost just as much. It's Scam people, plain and simple! They sold equal shares of their production to other companies, Exxon included...... AND..... they sent half of what they produced overseas....... OVERSEAS!!!!!!

After the oil companies started to see their result, they loosened their stranglehold from around our necks. thinking of their own necks of course. The average American was at a point for the first time in history where they could literally could not afford gas. You can't tell the powermongers that though because they have absolutely no idea what real life is like. They have never lived with a Kerosene heater for heat, like many in impoverished areas do. Guess what... that shit was 6.00 gallon and is still 4.50, and that is here in Georgia. I imagine it is way worse in the mountaneous areas of the country where this product is used by higher percentages of folks.

Sarah Palin (whom I believe has a greater level of knowledge about energy thaqn the entire US Senate and House of Represenatives combined), warned us during the campagne of price fluxing, which is caused by supply problems. She also explained how we could solve our supply problems, how we should have done it along time ago, and how we could be completely off of foreign oil by 2024. Combined with technological advances that are sure to come, it seems to me to be a win win but Noooooooooooooooo, instead of listening during this extremely trying time, to this obviously knowledgeable and capable person, what do we do? We send an army of reporters to Alaska to do everything we can to make sure noone listens.

Our country is screwed! The Democrats answer to all of this! SIMPLE! Take some more from the successful and spread it around, kill the stock market by threatning to raise capitol gains, lay in bed and fondle the genitalia of labor unions for fourty years and then get up and say it's republicans fault for not regulating things. OMG...... shoot me in the head!

A band of conspiring companies controlling an entire market is not free market enterprise!

In the forties, most of today's democrats would have been arrested..... BY THEIR OWN DAMN PARTY....... for being communists!

The minimum age to vote should be 25, unless you are married! If you don't pay tax, just like with a corporation stockholder situation, you should not be able to vote! If you are 23, going to Liberal Tech, sucking off your mommie and daddy and have no basic responsibility except for getting drunk at the Strip on Friday and being toted home by three other softmores, you should n ot be able to vote.

Our government has already violated the US Constitution by bailing out anyone! I did not authorize my money to be used for that purpose and I am suppose to have been allowed to vote, says so. Income tax amendments have never EVER EVER... said that money generated would be used by government to single out who lived and died in the free market! Hell..... I lost a company 4 years ago in a frivolous lawsuit.... BAIL ME OUT DAMMIT, I bet I'll generate a bigger profit per dollar of ionvestment than GM, Chrysler, AIG or any of those sorry ass banks...... like BOA. Weren't they the ones that just ovewr a year ago were insisting they would allow credit cards to illegals and swore it would not affect their balance sheets. Shoot me again!!!!!!!

Fuel prices are down (oh yeah...the topic). How long will stay down? What will happen next? Anybody really know? Anybody have any fucking conception of what might possibly happen? Hell No because we are on an out of control roller coaster ride my friends.

By the way.......yes ... this a Libertarian blogging point! Harry Browne predicted every damn bit of this over twelve years ago! Had we been brave enough to have elected him president we would not be dealing with this nightmare tonight, a democrat would not be about to complete the sweep by being inaugerated and Nancy Pelosi would not be speaker of the house. 911 you say..... nope... wouldn't have happened! Bailout.....nope! Housing Crisis..........unt-uh! President Browne would have never signed anything that allowed unfair competition by FM and FM or for it to be influenced by Democrats like it was. Especially not a government ran mortgage industry! He talks directly about that in many of his writings andf whjat a catastrophy it would create.

Well.... of course Harry is gone now but his financial genius lives on in his many books. The father of the Libertarian movement may be gone but we still can learn from him. Had we listened to this man.... none of the shit that is happening in this world right now... would be! NONE OF IT!!!! Oh yeah.... and the pipeline from Alaska? It would just about be finished around now and fifty cent a gallon gas would be a reality!

Merry Christmas.

Gaffer
12-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Dead on Emmett. But as I said before we need a lot of LP's in the congress before an LP president can be effective.

Me, I'm going to sit back and watch the country implode. The government run news media isn't going to report the facts. I'll just wait for the shooting to start.

Binky
12-26-2008, 09:08 AM
A great post! The oil companies were just "testing the water," so to speak, to see how far they could push us. And they found out that the people will just stop running around, spending their money and make fewer trips in their vehicles to their local stores. Therefore, in the long run, hurting the merchants as well, because if the people aren't out ramming, that means they aren't out spending like they were. It eventually hurts all businesses for us all to stop hopping in our vehicles and going. Anyway, with the economy the way it is and there being fewer jobs, I don't think we'll be paying those prices again, anytime soon.