PDA

View Full Version : Richardson Guilty of "Pay to Play" Too?

Kathianne
12-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Hmmm:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/12/obama-richard-1.html

Now, feds probe Gov. Richardson of Obama Cabinet for 'pay-to-play'
It seems that Illinois' legally-challenged Gov. Rod Blagojevich is not the only close Barack Obama associate and Democratic governor being investigated by the feds for possibly selling government business in return for campaign contributions.

New Mexico's Gov. Bill Richardson, who is the newly-named Secretary of Commerce in Obama's about-to-be Cabinet, is also being investigated by a federal grand jury in his home state for possibly steering state bond business from the New Mexico Financial Authority toward David Rubin, a significant campaign contributor, according to an NBC News report, among others.

NBC's Lisa Myers reports that two former state officials say they've recently been questioned by a federal grand jury specifically about allegations that Richardson or aides pushed state business worth nearly $1.5 million in fees toward CDR Financial Products in 2004. The company is headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA.

This was about the same time as CDR's founder, Rubin, donated $100,000 to two of Richardson's political action committees, mainly it appears to cover expenses of the governor and his staff at the Democratic Party's National Convention in Boston that summer.

Rubin also donated another $29,000 to Richardson's own unsuccessful presidential campaign this year and last....

red states rule
12-26-2008, 08:30 AM
and so Chicago street politics continues. DC will now be the center of Chicago thug politics, and payback

So much for change and hope folks

We have a 2009 version of Al Capone - who was Chicago's first comunity organizer

BTW, Richardson was Virgil's favorite in the Dem primary. I wonder how he would spin and defend his guy?

12-26-2008, 09:58 AM
My guess is they are all doing it. I bet it's pretty common. Blago just was stupid enough to get caught and now its bringing down the house of cards. He is already trying to drag the Obama administration into it. Which means he thinks if he cant yell and expose enough people might not worry about convincting him. should be interesting to see what happens

emmett
12-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the room of some of the meetings Carolyn Kennedy is having with different influencial sources.

Kathianne
12-26-2008, 10:38 PM
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the room of some of the meetings Carolyn Kennedy is having with different influencial sources.

Pinch Salzberger? I've been seeing that. Hmmmm