PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Weather Sucks!

Kathianne
12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Ok, right now I have a fast moving creek in my backyard, with ice floes in it. Ah, it's supposed to be grass. It's taller than my puppy and moving fast enough to sweep her away. The wind is fierce, but the temps are over 60.

We are under flash flood warning until 9.

A tornado watch until 7.

Flash flood watch until 1am.

We've had over 2" of rain today, with almost all snow melted. Unreal.

Abbey Marie
12-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Keep safe and warm, Kath.

Trigg
12-28-2008, 04:49 PM
The one good thing about the warm weather.......it got rid of the ice rink that was masquerading as my driveway.

Kathianne
12-29-2008, 04:24 AM
Keep safe and warm, Kath.

Thanks Abbey! Looks like the next couple of days are going to be calmer. Not any warnings or watches up! :coffee:

namvet
12-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok, right now I have a fast moving creek in my backyard, with ice floes in it. Ah, it's supposed to be grass. It's taller than my puppy and moving fast enough to sweep her away. The wind is fierce, but the temps are over 60.

We are under flash flood warning until 9.

A tornado watch until 7.

Flash flood watch until 1am.

We've had over 2" of rain today, with almost all snow melted. Unreal.

I used to fly up there on business year round. delays galore here waiting for the weather up there. landing in snow there was a wing and a prayer :laugh2:

Immanuel
12-29-2008, 11:43 AM
And here I thought it sucked being Christmas time and 80 degree weather here in Florida. :lol: What a shame! It is the week between Christmas and New Years and I'm sitting around in shorts and t-shirt. :(

Oh, wait, am I rubbing it in too much? :laugh2:

Immie

darin
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Ugh...I HATE near-80 degree Christmas Days. :( I want WINTER! :)

Kathianne
12-29-2008, 12:37 PM
And here I thought it sucked being Christmas time and 80 degree weather here in Florida. :lol: What a shame! It is the week between Christmas and New Years and I'm sitting around in shorts and t-shirt. :(

Oh, wait, am I rubbing it in too much? :laugh2:

Immie

Yes indeed. :laugh2: It's mild here today, but the wind is wicked. At least it's dry. The creek in the backyard is gone, the ground has started to thaw, wonder how long that will last?

Immanuel
12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Ugh...I HATE near-80 degree Christmas Days. :( I want WINTER! :)

Me too, but it certainly beats near 0 degree Christmas Days. :)

Immie

namvet
12-29-2008, 02:52 PM
the other day we hit 68. I knew it was coming. severe T storms.