PDA

View Full Version : Leaving soon posted 3/26, from a Guardsman.

Mr. P
03-27-2007, 11:07 AM
You libs can KISS my ASS, this is what America is made of!
From a member on another site I visit.

The time is almost upon us. We’ll leave Fort Bragg soon – maybe even before you read this – to begin our real mission in Afghanistan. There is danger ahead, but we face it squarely, with clear minds and happy hearts, for we know that we go forth in the service of the greatest nation on Earth and the finest people the world has ever known.

We’ve trained hard, enduring everything from small tornados that blew down tents to long weeks of very little sleep to cold nights and hot days. The training the Army has offered activated Guardsmen has been somewhat less than stellar, but I know these good men will do an outstanding job in Afghanistan. The reports from our advance party, already in Afghanistan, have been helpful in preparing us for the conditions in that impoverished third world nation. Our battalion will be spread across the country, with some spots much better than others. I dislike being separated from my brothers, but we all have our assigned tasks, and mine falls far from theirs.

It will be a long year. I hope to have a chance to field test some new Galco equipment, including the five-stitch belt I’ve just received, and a prototype sling. If I can test a Galco thigh holster, I will be very pleased. I am currently using a competitor’s product, which is adequate, but I am sure Galco can make something better.

The unit we’re replacing has suffered some casualties, including some deaths. Sometimes when I stand in formation, surrounded by my brothers in arms, I look at them and realize that in all likelihood, some of us will not return. It’s a melancholy feeling, yet I know none of us will shirk our duty. It’s a good feeling to stand among such courageous men.

You’d be so proud of what these men have become. Only a few months ago they were pulled from their civilian lives. Now they are a disciplined, skilled, and fearsome fighting force that will do good in the world. This is a group of Arizona men – fathers and sons and brothers and neighbors – and the support you’ve given us brings cheer to our hearts and reminds us why we march off to war. When the history of the Global War On Terrorism is written, it will not forget the Arizona National Guard!

While I am eager to serve, I also look forward to returning to my home state of Arizona, my family, my work at Galco, and my friends on handgunforum.net. Remember we soldiers in your thoughts and prayers while we are gone. When you have a drink, perhaps you’ll raise a glass to absent friends. Keep the beer cold and the cigars lit while we’re gone, ‘cause there’s going to be one hell of a party when we return.

TheStripey1
03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
You libs can KISS my ASS, this is what America is made of!
From a member on another site I visit.

The time is almost upon us. We’ll leave Fort Bragg soon – maybe even before you read this – to begin our real mission in Afghanistan. There is danger ahead, but we face it squarely, with clear minds and happy hearts, for we know that we go forth in the service of the greatest nation on Earth and the finest people the world has ever known.

We’ve trained hard, enduring everything from small tornados that blew down tents to long weeks of very little sleep to cold nights and hot days. The training the Army has offered activated Guardsmen has been somewhat less than stellar, but I know these good men will do an outstanding job in Afghanistan. The reports from our advance party, already in Afghanistan, have been helpful in preparing us for the conditions in that impoverished third world nation. Our battalion will be spread across the country, with some spots much better than others. I dislike being separated from my brothers, but we all have our assigned tasks, and mine falls far from theirs.

It will be a long year. I hope to have a chance to field test some new Galco equipment, including the five-stitch belt I’ve just received, and a prototype sling. If I can test a Galco thigh holster, I will be very pleased. I am currently using a competitor’s product, which is adequate, but I am sure Galco can make something better.

The unit we’re replacing has suffered some casualties, including some deaths. Sometimes when I stand in formation, surrounded by my brothers in arms, I look at them and realize that in all likelihood, some of us will not return. It’s a melancholy feeling, yet I know none of us will shirk our duty. It’s a good feeling to stand among such courageous men.

You’d be so proud of what these men have become. Only a few months ago they were pulled from their civilian lives. Now they are a disciplined, skilled, and fearsome fighting force that will do good in the world. This is a group of Arizona men – fathers and sons and brothers and neighbors – and the support you’ve given us brings cheer to our hearts and reminds us why we march off to war. When the history of the Global War On Terrorism is written, it will not forget the Arizona National Guard!

While I am eager to serve, I also look forward to returning to my home state of Arizona, my family, my work at Galco, and my friends on handgunforum.net. Remember we soldiers in your thoughts and prayers while we are gone. When you have a drink, perhaps you’ll raise a glass to absent friends. Keep the beer cold and the cigars lit while we’re gone, ‘cause there’s going to be one hell of a party when we return.

Good luck... stay away from the dreaded black dust... and whereas I hope the trooper above comes back alive and well... I bet his job will be taken by an illegal immigrant while he's gone... any takers?

Hey P... you still unemployed?

I bet the army'd take a hot shot chopper jockey like yourself back in a heartbeat... and you'd finally get your chance to SEE combat...

Mr. P
03-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Good luck... stay away from the dreaded black dust... and whereas I hope the trooper above comes back alive and well... I bet his job will be taken by an illegal immigrant while he's gone... any takers?

Hey P... you still unemployed?

I bet the army'd take a hot shot chopper jockey like yourself back in a heartbeat... and you'd finally get your chance to SEE combat...

I tried, they said I am too OLD.

gabosaurus
03-29-2007, 05:58 PM
I am sure the fellow received a nice bonus for writing that. Up to $500 for some.

Gaffer
03-29-2007, 07:41 PM
I am sure the fellow received a nice bonus for writing that. Up to $500 for some.

How much do you get for anti-American posts and jihadi support?