PDA

View Full Version : Myths About Radical Islam

Hobbit
03-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Dinesh D'Souza takes a swing at the myths about radical Islam perpetrated by the left.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DineshDSouza/2007/03/26/liberal_myths_about_radical_islam

gabosaurus
03-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Dang. Now I have to look for my saved article "Myths About Redneck Arkies".

5stringJeff
03-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Dinesh D'Souza takes a swing at the myths about radical Islam perpetrated by the left.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DineshDSouza/2007/03/26/liberal_myths_about_radical_islam

Yeah... it still puzzles me why the Crusades are always brought up when we start talking about fighting Muslims. It's not like the Pope ordered the GWOT to liberate all of Arabia from the clutches of Islam.

Nienna
03-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I thought that was a pretty good analysis.

glockmail
03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
It's important that we shove them all back to the Middle East where they can't do too much harm. Their invasion of Europe and some parts of the US has got to be reversed.

Yurt
03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Is it reasonable to think that Muslims today are genuinely outraged about events that occurred a thousand years ago? Let us remember that before the rise of Islam, the region we call the Middle East was predominantly Christian (me: and pagen and jews). Inspired by Islam's call to jihad, Muhammad's armies conquered Jerusalem and the entire Middle East, then pushed south into Africa, East into Asia, and north into Europe.

Lesson: do not forget history.

Oh wait, this is still their NUMBER ONE aim.

Gaffer
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Yep they are still out to conquor the world. That's what islam is all about. and they believe that any parts of the world previously conquored is theirs and should be returned to them. Or reconquored.

Moderate muslims are the ones that are either afraid to take action at this point or intimidated into not taking action. And then there are the so called moderates whose sole purpose is to paint islam as a peaceful religion.

gabosaurus
03-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Of course, Bush is also out to conquer the world. The best way to do so is to convice all his minions that everyone else is a godless cesspool of sin.
Blissfully overlooking the fact that Bush himself is a godless cesspool of sin.

03-29-2007, 02:02 AM
Of course, Bush is also out to conquer the world. The best way to do so is to convice all his minions that everyone else is a godless cesspool of sin.

Yeah... Bush is out to conquor the world by freeing them from oppressors and letting them govern themselves. that's really effective...

glockmail
03-29-2007, 06:02 AM
Is it reasonable to think that Muslims today are genuinely outraged about events that occurred a thousand years ago? Let us remember that before the rise of Islam, the region we call the Middle East was predominantly Christian (me: and pagen and jews). Inspired by Islam's call to jihad, Muhammad's armies conquered Jerusalem and the entire Middle East, then pushed south into Africa, East into Asia, and north into Europe.

Lesson: do not forget history.

Oh wait, this is still their NUMBER ONE aim.

Islam was created to destroy Judaism and Christianity. There is no time limit on the goal.

grunt
03-29-2007, 09:30 AM

Hey, stupid, if Bush were out to conquer the world, the world would have been conquered years ago.

BTW, if Bush is such a dictator, what are you "LIEberals" going to say when he leaves office come Jan. 2008?

Morons.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 10:06 AM

Ok great. The article makes good points and dispels myths about Islamic fundamentalism that are allegedly pushed by the so-called "liberals." What the article doesn't say is why, in fact, Islamic fundamentalists actually DO hate us. Instead, it uses Islamic fundamentalism (a real threat to our way of life) as a spin-point to attack "liberals." One assumes that "cons" actually know the actual reasons. So please! Share! Share your conservative insight with us lowly "libs." Why do Islamic fundamentalists ACTUALLY hate us? My guess is it'll have something to do with mistakes made by...you guessed it..."LIBS!" What a joke.

Hobbit
03-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Ok great. The article makes good points and dispels myths about Islamic fundamentalism that are allegedly pushed by the so-called "liberals." What the article doesn't say is why, in fact, Islamic fundamentalists actually DO hate us. Instead, it uses Islamic fundamentalism (a real threat to our way of life) as a spin-point to attack "liberals." One assumes that "cons" actually know the actual reasons. So please! Share! Share your conservative insight with us lowly "libs." Why do Islamic fundamentalists ACTUALLY hate us? My guess is it'll have something to do with mistakes made by...you guessed it..."LIBS!" What a joke.

A little outside the scope of the article, but if you must know, radical Muslims hate us because either a) we're the biggest threat to their goals of taking over the world or b) the leader needs a handy target to blame everybody's problems on, or both.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 10:38 AM
A little outside the scope of the article, but if you must know, radical Muslims hate us because either a) we're the biggest threat to their goals of taking over the world or b) the leader needs a handy target to blame everybody's problems on, or both.

Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the verses in the Qu'ran dealing with driving out infidels when they occupy Islamic lands or the fact that most western countries support and back Israel, which is viewed in the Muslim world as an occupier of Palestine? I am not by any means justifying Islamic fundamentalism, but I think that these reasons are closer to the root of the issue than yours, which unsurprisingly promulgate fantasies of global conspiracies. :tinfoil: I'm not denying that Muslim fundies have political agendas, but those agendas are not the root issues driving their hatred of the west. The reason they fight us is because they think their religion makes them better, cleaner than us. Their holy scripture blatantly orders them to drive-out the infidels. The issues you see springing-up outside of Arab lands dealing with issues of Shariah law and Muslim rights are also issues dealing with the way their scripture instructs them to behave in foreign (non-Islamic) lands. It doesn't have anything to do with "taking over the world." :lol:

Hobbit
03-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the verses in the Qu'ran dealing with driving out infidels when they occupy Islamic lands or the fact that most western countries support and back Israel, which is viewed in the Muslim world as an occupier of Palestine? I am not by any means justifying Islamic fundamentalism, but I think that these reasons are closer to the root of the issue than yours, which unsurprisingly promulgate fantasies of global conspiracies. :tinfoil: I'm not denying that Muslim fundies have political agendas, but those agendas are not the root issues driving their hatred of the west. The reason they fight us is because they think their religion makes them better, cleaner than us. Their holy scripture blatantly orders them to drive-out the infidels. The issues you see springing-up outside of Arab lands dealing with issues of Shariah law and Muslim rights are also issues dealing with the way their scripture instructs them to behave in foreign (non-Islamic) lands. It doesn't have anything to do with "taking over the world." :lol:

It's the 12th Imam. The Quran itself says that an Islamic theocracy will one day rule the world, and radical Muslims are trying to make that happen. The Muslims have been attacking people who weren't occupying their territory for centuries, so that just doesn't wash. It's an excuse designed to place the blame for radical Islam squarely on the shoulders of the United States.

grunt
03-29-2007, 11:52 AM

Palestine? lol! Boy, you really need to brush up on your history. There is no such country. Never was, and although I think there should be, I doubt with the way the Arab worlds handles things, there ever will be.

Do you realize that "Palestinian" people are Jordanians or Syrians? Do you know that the day AFTER the re-formation of Israel by the UN, the arab world started calling those arabs living in that area "Palestinians"? Do you realize that "Palestinians" are just pawns in the anti-Semetic game played by the Arab world? Please LEARN at least a few basic facts about something before you start debating it. I'll help guide you to the info if you ask nicely enough.

Now run outside and play. The grown-ups are trying to talk. :slap:

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Palestine? lol! Boy, you really need to brush up on your history. There is no such country. Never was, and although I think there should be, I doubt with the way the Arab worlds handles things, there ever will be.

Do you realize that "Palestinian" people are Jordanians or Syrians? Do you know that the day AFTER the re-formation of Israel by the UN, the arab world started calling those arabs living in that area "Palestinians"? Do you realize that "Palestinians" are just pawns in the anti-Semetic game played by the Arab world? Please LEARN at least a few basic facts about something before you start debating it. I'll help guide you to the info if you ask nicely enough.

Now run outside and play. The grown-ups are trying to talk. :slap:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

I never said it was a country genius. :lol:

grunt
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

I never said it was a country genius. :lol:

Then what does this mean?

"Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the verses in the Qu'ran dealing with driving out infidels when they occupy Islamic lands or the fact that most western countries support and back Israel, which is viewed in the Muslim world as an occupier of Palestine?"

Dolt.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Then what does this mean?

"Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the verses in the Qu'ran dealing with driving out infidels when they occupy Islamic lands or the fact that most western countries support and back Israel, which is viewed in the Muslim world as an occupier of Palestine?"

Dolt.

Palestine is a place moron. It's the same as if I'd said "occupier of Gaza" or "occupier of Galilee." Neither Gaza nor Galilee is a country but everyone still knows that those names connote a physical area in the Middle East. Are you for real?

grunt
03-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Palestine is a place moron. It's the same as if I'd said "occupier of Gaza" or "occupier of Galilee." Neither Gaza nor Galilee is a country but everyone still knows that those names connote a physical area in the Middle East. Are you for real?

It's a "place" huh? LOL! Nice backstep.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
It's a "place" huh? LOL! Nice backstep.

Backstep? You're a moron. I might as well talk to a stump.

Nukeman
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Dang. Now I have to look for my saved article "Myths About Redneck Arkies".You really dont have the faintest idea of what Islam is about!!! You like to make a couple of quick quotes every once in a while but you truely dont understand and when someone actually takes the time to attempt to instruct you in your ignorance you go off topic or ignor it all together just like you did in the Islam 101 thread.

You are such a loser!!!!!:fu:

mrg666
03-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah... it still puzzles me why the Crusades are always brought up when we start talking about fighting Muslims. It's not like the Pope ordered the GWOT to liberate all of Arabia from the clutches of Islam.

the hatred they have goes back to then
they are steeped in tradition and trapped in a time warp

Nukeman
03-29-2007, 03:16 PM

If you want to take the Qu'ran at its basic tenets you have to understand it tell its adherents to be meek and mild untill the time that they can take over the country they are "occupying".

Grunt has a valid point in the statement about the "Palistinians" They were a nomadic people that traveled thru Isreal and didn't have a home. If the Arab world were that concerned about them, why didn't they get citizenship in one of the Arab countries. I'll tell you why its because they dont want them either!!! That is a completely different issue.

Actually the Islamist in the world are set on taking over the world. Islam is a religion of peace untill it comes into power in a country than it becomes a religion of oppression!!

As far as "our" or western mistakes in the past all I can say is "Ottoman Empire". Arabs and Islam are not quilt free of anything in the past. Where other religions have progressed and matured past the barbaric practices of the past, Islam has not!!! This is primarily due to the non-existant hiarchy in the Islamic religion.

You would do yourself a huge service if you would read up on the "fastest growing religion" It will eventually come down to "us" and "them" in the very near future..:salute:

grunt
03-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Backstep? You're a moron. I might as well talk to a stump.

Actually, you might as well not "talk" at all. This is an internet chat forum. Not a phone. :slap: :lol:

Dolt.

gabosaurus
03-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Most of the idiots who bash Islam don't come close to vaguely understanding it. Very few Westerners come close to understanding.
Of course, many of those who bash Islam don't realize its similarities to Christianity. Let's examine some of the things that are endorsed in The Bible:

"Think not that am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. A man's foes shall be they of his own household" (Matthew 10:34-36)

Other sections of the Bible endorse the following:

Rape, murder and molestation of children (Numbers 31: 17-18; Judges 21:11-12,21)

Child slavery and prostitution (Joel 3:3; Genesis 19:8)

Gang rape and homosexuality (Judges 19: 22-29)

Harems and pedophilia (Esther and Song of Solomon)

Then, of course, there is the more than friendly relationship between Jonathan and David in the First Book of Samuel -- "And they kissed one other, and wept with one another."
Or, following the death of Jonathan, David's lament of "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant thou been unto me, thy love was wonderful, passing the love of a woman."

5stringJeff
03-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Most of the idiots who bash Islam don't come close to vaguely understanding it. Very few Westerners come close to understanding.
Of course, many of those who bash Islam don't realize its similarities to Christianity. Let's examine some of the things that are endorsed in The Bible:

"Think not that am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. A man's foes shall be they of his own household" (Matthew 10:34-36)

This does not proscribe wars within one's family, as Islam proscribes war against all infidels. This only states that there will be conflict within households on account of the Gospel, which there frequently is, especially in countries which are majority Islam/Hindu.

Rape, murder and molestation of children (Numbers 31: 17-18; Judges 21:11-12,21)

The passage in Numbers 31 is the account of Israel "execut[ing] the Lord's vengeance on Midian," because the Midianates were pagans who caused Israel to stray from God's commands. The passage in Judges 21 speaks of a similar vengance upon Israelites who did not help to put down a heresy, so to speak, within Israel. And nowhere are women raped or children molested. It only speaks of not killing virgin women.

The passage in Joel 3 condemns child slavery. Likewise, Genesis 19 condemns homosexuality, and does not endorse Lot's offering of his two virgin daughters.

This passage condemns homosexuality; the gang rape committed here is avenged by the rest of Israel in Judges 20.

These books do not condone these behaviors. Esther only shows that harems existed; Esther was used in her position to save the Jews from annihilation. Song of Solomon is about the (erotic) love between a husband and wife.

Then, of course, there is the more than friendly relationship between Jonathan and David in the First Book of Samuel -- "And they kissed one other, and wept with one another."
Or, following the death of Jonathan, David's lament of "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant thou been unto me, thy love was wonderful, passing the love of a woman."

It is common in Middle Eastern cultures for men to kiss on the cheek as a sign of affection, even today.
And two men can have a closer relationship with each other than with women without being homosexual. Just ask a combat veteran.

You really ought to read your Bible better. Or more. Either way, you are clueless about what it teaches.

Gaffer
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Of course, many of those who bash Islam don't realize its similarities to Christianity.

You keep showing your jihadism more with every post. Those that don't understand islam are the ones that think its a "religion of peace" and actually think its a religion. Which its not. It is as far removed from the christian bible as it can be. If there were an anti-christ he would be a muslim, that's how diametricly opposed they are. Christianity preaches love and life, islam preaches hate and death.

You jihad bullshit isn't going to work here. There are too many of us that know better.

grunt
03-29-2007, 07:38 PM

I understand the moo-slum religion very well. "If you're not a moo-slum, either become one or be killed". It's that simple. Are there "peaceful" moo-slums? Sure, but they would get their heads cut off just as fast as any American troop in the Middle East if they spoke out against the fundies. That's why we never hear many "peaceful" moo-slums speak out against them. Actually, you're sorry ass would be headless right now if you were on "holy land". :fu:

gabosaurus
03-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Wow, your collective stupidity is overwhelming. You should lack of comprehension of both Christianity and Islam. Your attempts to be scholarly fail miserably.
Grunt, I sincerely hope you don't have kids. Or plan to. That would be sad.

Gaffer
03-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Wow, your collective stupidity is overwhelming. You should lack of comprehension of both Christianity and Islam. Your attempts to be scholarly fail miserably.

Your attempts to discredit knowledgable people are pathetic. Go back to iran where you belong raghead.

5stringJeff
03-29-2007, 10:52 PM

Is that your way of trying to say 'nuh-uh?' I doubt you've ever really studied the Bible enough to understand what it endorses, much less make a sensible rebuttal.

03-30-2007, 04:30 AM

And tell me, what do you know of either subject?