PDA

View Full Version : That was the year that was...

Noir
12-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Well with the passing of 2008 i want to ask the members of DP what you will remember this year for?

and just as a side note lets keep it possitive...no 'it'll be remembered as the year america ellected a marxist into office ect ect.'

Psychoblues
12-29-2008, 11:38 PM
I will remember 2008 as the first year for which I will not be receiving any W-2 forms and for which I re-dedicated myself to my community and nation for whatever purposes I find available in which I can contribute in a meaningful way. I will remember 2008 as one of the most memorable in my life for civic, political and recreational interests and endeavors.

Could I offer you a pint, or would you prefer something else, Noir?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Noir
12-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I must enquire as to what a W-2 is.

No thanks, I don't drink alcohol, some fruit juice'll do me fine.

Psychoblues
12-29-2008, 11:52 PM
A W-2 form is an American Internal Revenue Service document for reporting "earned" (as in what you make on a job) income.

I must enquire as to what a W-2 is.

No thanks, I don't drink alcohol, some fruit juice'll do me fine.

I haven't had any paying "jobs" in 2008 so I am free from that little worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, how about a pint of fruit juice?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Noir
12-29-2008, 11:58 PM
oh I see, good show, atleast that's one bit of red tape to waste your time gone.

A pint of fruit juice! I'll be as hyper as a nun on a Tuesday...are you trying to take advantage of me? :p
I'll have a shot of pineapple.

Psychoblues
12-30-2008, 12:04 AM
You got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh I see, good show, atleast that's one bit of red tape to waste your time gone.

A pint of fruit juice! I'll be as hyper as a nun on a Tuesday...are you trying to take advantage of me? :p
I'll have a shot of pineapple.

Pineapple, 4 0z. shot OK?!??!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
12-30-2008, 05:07 AM
Lemme say just one more thing to you, Noir. The elections of 2008 have verified my overwhelming faith in the American people to ultimately do the correct thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How 'bout another shot of pineapple?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Dave Barry does a better review than I could ever hope to:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/columnists/dave-barry/story/826965.html

Posted on Fri, Dec. 26, 2008
Dave Barry Year in Review: Bailing out of 2008

BY DAVE BARRY
How weird a year was it?

Here's how weird:

• O.J. actually got convicted of something.

• Gasoline hit $4 a gallon -- and those were the good times.

• On several occasions, Saturday Night Live was funny.

• There were a few days there in October when you could not completely rule out the possibility that the next Treasury Secretary would be Joe the Plumber.

• Finally, and most weirdly, for the first time in history, the voters elected a president who -- despite the skeptics who said such a thing would never happen in the United States -- was neither a Bush NOR a Clinton.

Of course not all the events of 2008 were weird. Some were depressing. The only U.S. industries that had a good year were campaign consultants and foreclosure lawyers. Everybody else got financially whacked. Millions of people started out the year with enough money in their 401(k)'s to think about retiring on, and ended up with maybe enough for a medium Slurpee.

So we can be grateful that 2008 is almost over. But before we leave it behind, let's take a few minutes to look back and see if we can find some small nuggets of amusement. Why not? We paid for it, starting with . . ....

Psychoblues
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Starting with.......................

The former beats the hell out of me and I don't appreciate much of the latter either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

5stringJeff
12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I graduated from grad school.

I moved (back) to the South.

12-31-2008, 04:29 AM
i have a job.

Yeah thats probably the only good thing. This year has sucked. and Im not talking about the election.