PDA

View Full Version : Drool Cup To The Newsroom, Stat

red states rule
12-31-2008, 06:16 AM
The liberal media has once again shown they are head over heels in love with the messiah known as Obama

Workouts: Bush creepy; Obama a godling

If the press loves you, you can do no wrong. If they hate you, you can do no right. In either case, what they are presenting is distorted and therefore unfair to their subjects or their readers.

I touched yesterday on the media double-standard regarding presidential work-outs, but Michelle Malkin does a better job of fleshing it out:

Ah, the perks of media affection. On Christmas Day, the Washington Post delivered a front-page paean to Barack Obama’s workout habits. The 1,233-word ode to O’s physical fitness read more like a Harlequin romance novel than an A-1 news article.

Sighed smitten reporter Eli Zaslow,

“The sun glinted off chiseled pectorals sculpted during four weightlifting sessions each week, and a body toned by regular treadmill runs and basketball games.”

For adoring journalists, you see, Obama’s workout fanaticism demonstrates the discipline and balance in his life. Apparently, what’s good for Obama’s glistening pecs is good for the country…

Too bad the doughy, McDonald’s-chomping, coffee-guzzling members of the White House press corps couldn’t see the merits of White House exercise over the past eight years. After giggling about his out-of-shape colleagues in the media, Zaslow mentioned in passing that President George W. Bush shares Obama’s commitment to health. What he failed to acknowledge is that the same reporters who so greatly admire Obama’s lithe figure derided Bush for his training schedule.

Former Washington Post writer Jonathan Chait famously attacked Bush three years ago in an opinion piece for the Los Angeles Times headlined “The (over)exercise of power.” Recounting how President Bush ran 3.5 miles a day and preached more cross-training to a federal judge, Chait fumed,

“Am I the only person who finds this disturbing? … What I mean is the fact that Bush has an obsession with exercise that borders on the creepy.”

No, he wasn’t. Maureen Dowd called Bush “psychopathic” about exercise. Presumably, she will find it Obama’s daily workouts and fat-ratio fixation rather more endearing.

http://theanchoressonline.com/2008/12/29/workouts-bush-creepy-obama-a-godling/

red states rule
12-31-2008, 06:29 AM
Bernie Goldberg talked about this and other examples of the liberals media's love affair with the chosen one

His new book looks to be a good one

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MEwB5jGOL._SS500_.jpg