PDA

View Full Version : 2008 End of Year Award Winners!

jimnyc
12-31-2008, 09:14 AM
I still think we're all winners for having so many fine folks posting here, but here's our 2008 winners as selected by our members...

Favorite - Abbey
Funniest - Manu59
Wisest - Immanuel
Best Writer - Bare Knuckled Pundit
Craziest - Psychoblues
Most Respectful - Abbey
Most Contributing - Red States Rules
Most Impressionable - Actsnoblemartin
Mostly likely to be in Politics - 5stringJeff
Member of the Year - 5stringJeff & Abbey

Congratulations to all of you. You're all great assets to the board and have been recognized by the entire community for your efforts. We're all proud to be sharing the board with you. :)

darin
12-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Wooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

PostmodernProphet
12-31-2008, 04:32 PM
I expect it's no surprise that there is a parallel between favorite and most respectful.....

Kathianne
12-31-2008, 06:02 PM
I expect it's no surprise that there is a parallel between favorite and most respectful.....

Agreed. All worthy recipients of the Jimmies! :beer:

LiberalNation
12-31-2008, 06:15 PM

and no suprise all the good awards went to conservative, not only that but cons and mods both.

jimnyc
12-31-2008, 06:49 PM
and no suprise all the good awards went to conservative, not only that but cons and mods both.

The entire board had the opportunity to vote, I simply added them up. As for your comment about the mods, unlike you, many here appreciate their efforts and contributions to the board. I'll take your comment as a compliment to my ability to choose staff that the board respects and likes.

PostmodernProphet
12-31-2008, 07:47 PM

of course not....liberals are so unlikeable.....

actsnoblemartin
12-31-2008, 09:41 PM
the mods have to put up with a lot of b.s., its almost like computer babysitting at times

I dont envy them, but i sure appreciate them.

unlike some members (liberalnation)

The entire board had the opportunity to vote, I simply added them up. As for your comment about the mods, unlike you, many here appreciate their efforts and contributions to the board. I'll take your comment as a compliment to my ability to choose staff that the board respects and likes.

LiberalNation
12-31-2008, 10:13 PM
unlike some members (liberalnation)
I must say, I believe the feeling is mutual.

emmett
12-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Jeff for President 2012!!!!!!

Congrads to everyone for your contributions. There are some wonderful people on here. In my humble opinion however I would like to take the opportunity to thank the liberal types that come here and say that I admire your preseverance and stamina. Being sorely outnumbered, which I admit you are here, means you represent the minority of opinions, however, if it were not for you we would be nothing but a board full of one sighted folks and this would be nothing more than a chat room! So in essence, I salute you and look forward to your continued arrogance, opinionated views and dissention with opinions that I represent. Without you, we would have no conscience!

Happy New Year everyone!

5stringJeff
12-31-2008, 11:07 PM

I'm not a conservative.

5stringJeff
12-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks to all who voted. And to the rumors that I was born in Kenya and therefore ineligible for a Jimmy award... well, you have no standing to question my life story!!! :D

LiberalNation
12-31-2008, 11:09 PM
you are as conservative as I am liberal which is quite a bit.

manu1959
12-31-2008, 11:13 PM
i am flattered that you all think i am funny......my wife says you all are insane......

5stringJeff
12-31-2008, 11:15 PM
you are as conservative as I am liberal which is quite a bit.

Please, please, please read my signature. I'm libertarian. Rea up on it and how it differs from conservatism.

LiberalNation
12-31-2008, 11:17 PM
you are a socially conservative libertarian to boot, if you went on any political board you would be labled a con wether you agree with the label or not.

Mr. P
12-31-2008, 11:19 PM
i am flattered that you all think i am funny......my wife says you all are insane......

And...she is correct..you do hang with us though...and she hangs with you so...which makes her just as.....remind her of that..:cheers2:

manu1959
12-31-2008, 11:20 PM
And...she is correct..you do hang with us though...and she hangs with you so...which makes her just as.....remind her of that..:cheers2:

i will let you tell her.....good luck.....

Psychoblues
12-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Would someone please inform ln, above, that I am not a conservative in any classic sense and heaven forbid I ever become any mod here or anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the nominations and the position to which I am now assigned!!!!!!!!! I will guard and protect it with all of my heart and soul and will further promise and swear to respect it for all it is worth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the position of "Craziest" is a serious misunderestimation from you in my case, I accept it rather gladly and proudly and forthrightly and with great humilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year to all posters here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether we agree or not on given issues is not the point on this board. In fact, quite the opposite is the purpose and intent of the discussions. Outside just a few here, I really do respect and love the banter between all the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless Everybody Here and right now, as I attempt to get the tab off this 12 ozer Busch, I want to wish each and every one of you a hearty and healthy

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

No1tovote4
01-01-2009, 04:26 PM
:salute:

Abbey Marie
01-01-2009, 04:32 PM
I want to know what my "Jimmy" looks like.

I am picturing something like this:

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/bluffs/1563/LindasPugs.gif

Or this:

http://www.k9gifts.com/cb/pug-onpillowm.jpg

No1tovote4
01-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Would someone please inform ln, above, that I am not a conservative in any classic sense and heaven forbid I ever become any mod here or anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the nominations and the position to which I am now assigned!!!!!!!!! I will guard and protect it with all of my heart and soul and will further promise and swear to respect it for all it is worth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the position of "Craziest" is a serious misunderestimation from you in my case, I accept it rather gladly and proudly and forthrightly and with great humilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year to all posters here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether we agree or not on given issues is not the point on this board. In fact, quite the opposite is the purpose and intent of the discussions. Outside just a few here, I really do respect and love the banter between all the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless Everybody Here and right now, as I attempt to get the tab off this 12 ozer Busch, I want to wish each and every one of you a hearty and healthy

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
You belong to another board?

Psychoblues
01-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't know whether or not "belong" is the correct word or consideration, n1tv4, but I do post on other boards.

You belong to another board?

What's troublin' ya?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I offer you a refreshment?!?!?!?!?!??!????!?!

Psychoblues