PDA

View Full Version : Anti-terrorist Suzman passes peacefully

moon
01-01-2009, 10:03 AM
CAPE TOWN, South Africa — South African anti-apartheid activist Helen Suzman, who won international acclaim as one of the few white lawmakers to fight against the injustices of racist rule, died Thursday. She was 91.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Jan01/0,4670,AFObitSuzman,00.html

R.I.P. Helen. Pass the torch.

Psychoblues
01-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Helen Suzman was indeed one of the very special ones to whom we should all aspire for better understanding, relationships and inspiration. She will certainly be missed by me, moonie.

And I will gladly pass the torch.

Thank you for sharing this most serious yet sad information.

Psychoblues

5stringJeff
01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't know that I would equate apartheid, which is a legal system, with terrorism, which is a tactic. But, for her work in opposing apartheid and supporting self-determination, and for her stances against Robert Mugabe, she is to be commended.

moon
01-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't know that I would equate apartheid, which is a legal system, with terrorism

Then let me assist. The practitioners of apartheid brutally murdered, sometimes by way of death squads, sometimes by way of shooting and bombings in the streets, tortured, extra-judicially executed and imprisoned without trial as well as excelled in ethnic cleansing. State-controlled terrorism is still terrorism, according to the terrorized.

5stringJeff
01-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Then let me assist. The practitioners of apartheid brutally murdered, sometimes by way of death squads, sometimes by way of shooting and bombings in the streets, tortured, extra-judicially executed and imprisoned without trial as well as excelled in ethnic cleansing. State-controlled terrorism is still terrorism, according to the terrorized.

I'm not defending apartheid by any stretch, but you missed my point. Apartheid is a legal system. Terrorism is a tactic. Theoretically, there could be those who support apartheid that don't support using terrorist tactics to enforce it.

moon
01-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry Jeff, but apartheid can't be enforced without brutality. If I'm wrong, show me an example.

What you are asking to have accepted is the innocence of the apartheid-supporting politician whose policies clog the drains with body parts.