PDA

View Full Version : excellent article

actsnoblemartin
01-01-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/470970

It is possible and acceptable to criticize Israel. But the excessive, obsessive, and at times anti-Semitic criticism serves also as a coverup, and in some cases also as an approval, of the genocide of millions of others. Occupation is not enlightened and can’t be enlightened. But if we try to create a scale of ‘brutal occupation’, Israel will come last. This is a fact. This is not an opinion.

And what would have happened to the Palestinians if, instead of being under Israeli occupation they were under Iraqi occupation? Or Sudanese? Or even French or Soviet? It is highly probable that they would have been victims of genocide, at worst, and of mass killings, purges, and deportations at best.

But luckily for them they are under Israeli occupation. And even if, I repeat, there is no such thing as an enlightened occupation, and even if it is acceptable and possible, and at times necessary, to criticize Israel, there is no occupation and there has never been an occupation with so few fatalities (indeed, there are other injuries that are not manifested in the numbers of fatalities, such as the refugee problem. This will be discussed in a separate chapter).

moon
01-01-2009, 12:09 PM
But if we try to create a scale of ‘brutal occupation’, Israel will come last.

So then, you're agreeing that Zionism is brutal, with the qualifier that it is 'not very'. I suppose that those 5,000 Palestinians killed by Zionism since 2000, many of them women, many of them children, are dead but not very dead ?

And what would have happened to the Palestinians if, instead of being under Israeli occupation they were under Iraqi occupation? Or Sudanese? Or even French or Soviet? It is highly probable that they would have been victims of genocide, at worst, and of mass killings, purges, and deportations at best.

Silly supposition.

But luckily for them they are under Israeli occupation.

The Palestinians are 'lucky' to have the Zionist jackboot on their necks. Even sillier.

actsnoblemartin
01-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I just thought, the article, and that is only one small part of it, was interesting.

I post many interesting articles for critique, for and against many things.

its called philosophy mate :cool:

So then, you're agreeing that Zionism is brutal, with the qualifier that it is 'not very'. I suppose that those 5,000 Palestinians killed by Zionism since 2000, many of them women, many of them children, are dead but not very dead ?

Silly supposition.

The Palestinians are 'lucky' to have the Zionist jackboot on their necks. Even sillier.

actsnoblemartin
01-01-2009, 12:26 PM
react to this...

But the excessive, obsessive, and at times anti-Semitic criticism serves also as a coverup, and in some cases also as an approval, of the genocide of millions of others. Occupation is not enlightened and can’t be enlightened. But if we try to create a scale of ‘brutal occupation’, Israel will come last. This is a fact. This is not an opinion.

Silly supposition.

moon
01-01-2009, 12:30 PM
We're agreed that Zionism is brutal. Let's not argue about the degree of brutality.

actsnoblemartin
01-01-2009, 12:36 PM
thats not what he said

we disagree, how shocking.

:lol:

We're agreed that Zionism is brutal. Let's not argue about the degree of brutality.

actsnoblemartin
01-01-2009, 12:38 PM
the article states the obvious, the arab world wouldnt give two shits if the land was occupied by non jews.

infact the effort to get the land back wasnt taken until jews won it in a war started by the very muslims who controlled the land in question