PDA

View Full Version : United Nations' Power Will Grow Under President Obama

stephanie
01-01-2009, 02:20 PM
lots of links in the article

Our incoming president has many plans that will drastically affect our country but few are more insidious and far reaching than his legislation to address "global poverty." Obama said "Eliminating global poverty remains one of the greatest challenges we face, with billions of people around the world forced to live on just dollars a day. We can – and must – make it a priority of our foreign policy ..."

While in the senate our president-elect Barack Hussein Obama (it's ok to use his middle name now) joined with RINO U.S. Senator Chuck Hagel (R-NE) and Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA) to introduce the Global Poverty Act (S.2433). The bill requires the President "to develop and implement a comprehensive policy to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, debt relief" and coordination with the international community, businesses and NGOs. Representatives Adam Smith (D-WA) and RINO Spencer Bachus (R-AL) sponsored the House version of the bill (H.R. 1302), which passed the House in September.

The Senate Subcommittee on Foreign Relations (where Sen. Joe Biden sits) approved this plan by a voice vote without any discussion! Why all the secrecy? If Senators Obama and Biden are so proud of this legislation, then why don't they bring it out into the light of day and let the American people have a look at it instead of hiding it behind closed doors and sneaking it through Congress for late night votes.

According to Cliff Kinkaid of AIM, the plan passed the House "because most members didn't realize what was in it. Congressional sponsors have been careful not to calculate the amount of foreign aid spending that it would require."

Kincaid also reported Jeffrey Sachs, who runs the "Millennium Project," confirms a U.N. plan to force the U.S. to pay 0.7 percent of GNP (currently about $65 billion a year) in addition to what the U.S. already donates overseas. The only way to raise that funding, Sachs confirms, "Is through a global tax, preferably on carbon-emitting fossil fuels."

On the forum run by Americans for Legal Immigration PAC, one writer reported estimates of taxes from 35 cents to $1 dollar a gallon on gasoline would be needed. "This is disgusting, sickening and angers me to the depths of my soul," he wrote. "Obama wants us to support the world. I wonder how they intend to eliminate poverty. Most of the money always winds up in some dictator hands and in the U.N. coffers."

read it all here..
http://www.postchronicle.com/commentary/article_212196637.shtml

moon
01-01-2009, 02:25 PM
United Nations' Power Will Grow Under President Obama

Xenophobic bullies would read that as a weakening of American manipulation of the UN.

namvet
01-01-2009, 02:32 PM
there is no UN

moon
01-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Nor Palestine. And your medication isn't coming.

namvet
01-01-2009, 04:23 PM
oh my.......there's that sulphur smell again

OCA
01-01-2009, 04:28 PM
there is no UN

There isn't? What is that fucking building in NYC and without who's help would there be no Israel and no problems in Palestine?

For chrissakes you are challenged even for a chickenhawk.

namvet
01-01-2009, 04:30 PM
There isn't? What is that fucking building in NYC and without who's help would there be no Israel and no problems in Palestine?

For chrissakes you are challenged even for a chickenhawk.

its now a bank for terrorists. deposits and withdrawls complete with credit cards. :coffee:

OCA
01-01-2009, 04:32 PM
its now a bank for terrorists. deposits and withdrawls complete with credit cards. :coffee:

So the Jews are terrorists? They are their main benefactors?

Man how easy, its like target practice.

namvet
01-01-2009, 04:51 PM
where ya been pal. the Useless Nuisance oil for food scam was one of the biggest of all time. that we know of. its up to its eyeballs in scams. jezzz.

01-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Why does the United abomiNation need to grow? It doesnt work. giving them more power is not going to make things better.

namvet
01-02-2009, 09:14 AM
the UN is NOT going to do a damned thing about this crisis except turn it over to us. duh..................jez come on here. we are the worlds police dept. its alway been up to the US. these other alleged countrie's are NOT about to waste their time and military when they know we'll do it for them!!!! :poke::slap:

moon
01-02-2009, 09:23 AM
namvet;

the UN is NOT going to do a damned thing about this crisis except turn it over to us. duh..................jez come on here. we are the worlds police dept. its alway been up to the US. these other alleged countrie's are NOT about to waste their time and military when they know we'll do it for them!!!!

What do you mean by 'we' ? You surely don't consider yourself a freakin' American ? You're a self confessed genocidal fascist. Maybe the Constitution is beyond your reading capabilities. Anybody got a translation of the Constitution for genocidal fascists ?

Gaffer
01-02-2009, 09:29 AM
namvet;

What do you mean by 'we' ? You surely don't consider yourself a freakin' American ? You're a self confessed genocidal fascist. Maybe the Constitution is beyond your reading capabilities. Anybody got a translation of the Constitution for genocidal fascists ?

When he says "we" it doesn't include you.

bullypulpit
01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Like it or not, the world is more interconnected and interdependent than ever before. Anything which facilitates the interactions between all the players on the international stage, even the UN, is a good thing. If you're worried about "one world government", it's already here. It's called the multinational corporation.

5stringJeff
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Like it or not, the world is more interconnected and interdependent than ever before. Anything which facilitates the interactions between all the players on the international stage, even the UN, is a good thing. If you're worried about "one world government", it's already here. It's called the multinational corporation.

Except that there are many multinational corporations, all of which are subservient to the governments of the countries in which they operate.

The only possible candidate for a one-world government is the UN, which is toothless and corrupt. It should be given less support from the US, not more. We ought to kick them off of American soil and quit funding them.

Kathianne
01-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Except that there are many multinational corporations, all of which are subservient to the governments of the countries in which they operate.

The only possible candidate for a one-world government is the UN, which is toothless and corrupt. It should be given less support from the US, not more. We ought to kick them off of American soil and quit funding them.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

namvet
01-02-2009, 12:37 PM

I approve of that kick.................:beer::beer:

moon
01-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Though it is in New York City, the land occupied by the United Nations Headquarters is considered "international territory", and its borders are First Avenue on the west, East 42nd Street to the south, East 48th Street on the north and the East River to the east.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Headquarters

To remove the UN headquarters there would have to be international agreement. The New Klan could always exercise its disregard for law by attacking the UN building, but then Cubans might kick the US ass out of Guantanamo, Mexicans kick it out of New Mexico, Canadians kick it out of.......the picture is quite amusing. You New Klansmen sure have some distance to cover.

Kathianne
01-02-2009, 01:09 PM
To remove the UN headquarters there would have to be international agreement.

And that is bullshit, if the US were to withdraw. I hear folks here and there talking about 'civil war' here, much more likely is the withdrawal of US from the UN.

moon
01-02-2009, 01:14 PM
It appears that it would still be international territory whether or not the US retained membership. You do understand 'international' ?

5stringJeff
01-02-2009, 01:23 PM
It appears that it would still be international territory whether or not the US retained membership. You do understand 'international' ?

From the same Wikipedia entry:
"The site of the United Nations Headquarters has extraterritoriality status, typical of embassies. This affects some law enforcement where UN rules override the laws of New York City, but does not give immunity to crimes that take place there. In addition, the United Nations Headquarters remains under the jurisdiction and laws of the United States."

So it appears that the US would be able to kick out the UN, just like it would be able to reclaim an embassy from a country that it refused to recognize.

Kathianne
01-02-2009, 01:25 PM

If the US withdraws, there would be no purpose in keeping the NYC building.

moon
01-02-2009, 01:26 PM
That would be for the international community to decide, I believe.

Kathianne
01-02-2009, 01:32 PM
That would be for the international community to decide, I believe.

Good luck with that. Ever hear of sovereignty? Other than with Mexico, we've been very good at enforcing.

Gaffer
01-03-2009, 09:48 AM
If the US decides to kick the un out of NY, there's nothing the un can do about. They can write resolutions and condemn America in the strongest terms and they will still have to get out.

Sorry moonie your dreams of running this country through the un are not going to happen.

OCA
01-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Why does the United abomiNation need to grow? It doesnt work. giving them more power is not going to make things better.

Its not going to, its just another bullshit rumour being spread by neocons who are pissed they got squashed this past November.

OCA
01-03-2009, 09:53 AM
the UN is NOT going to do a damned thing about this crisis except turn it over to us. duh..................jez come on here. we are the worlds police dept. its alway been up to the US. these other alleged countrie's are NOT about to waste their time and military when they know we'll do it for them!!!! :poke::slap:

We did a great job policing Vietnam, eh?

OCA
01-03-2009, 09:54 AM
When he says "we" it doesn't include you.

So Gaffer you are a genocidal fascist too?

namvet
01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
We did a great job policing Vietnam, eh?

we thank you from the bottom of our graves.

namvet
01-03-2009, 10:00 AM
If the US decides to kick the un out of NY, there's nothing the un can do about. They can write resolutions and condemn America in the strongest terms and they will still have to get out.

Sorry moonie your dreams of running this country through the un are not going to happen.

move the UN to Palestine. make a great target !!!!!

Kathianne
01-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Flame posts moved to cage. Questioning military service is flaming.

OCA
01-03-2009, 10:58 AM

No its not, but then I guess any joker who comes here and esposes fascism and genocide must certainly have served in the American military.

Sorry, my bad.

Kathianne
01-03-2009, 10:59 AM
No its not, but then I guess any joker who comes here and esposes fascism and genocide must certainly have served in the American military.

Sorry, my bad.

Take it to a pm with Jim or Darin.

OCA
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM

Maybe yes, maybe no.

jimnyc
01-03-2009, 11:38 AM

Sorry, my bad.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Mike, please drop it. If you have an issue with one of Kathianne's opinions, by all means have at it in a debate. But please stop with the public fighting with her over every action she takes. The only thing that can possibly be accomplished by this is thread bans, thread moves and regular bans. If you take issue with something, PM Kath, myself or any other moderator for assistance - but PLEASE, leave it off the board.

OCA
01-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Mike, please drop it. If you have an issue with one of Kathianne's opinions, by all means have at it in a debate. But please stop with the public fighting with her over every action she takes. The only thing that can possibly be accomplished by this is thread bans, thread moves and regular bans. If you take issue with something, PM Kath, myself or any other moderator for assistance - but PLEASE, leave it off the board.

Jimmy, although I think it noble to move this shit out of the public eye you know as well as I do not a goddamned thing will come of it, she will continue to micromanage and censor.

01-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Its not going to, its just another bullshit rumour being spread by neocons who are pissed they got squashed this past November.

What evidence do you have that it's just a rumor? or that it's spread by Jews?

Why would it matter anyway?

Gaffer
01-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Of course I am. By your standards everyone that doesn't lock step to your way of thinking is a fascist. We all know who the true fascists are, and we know who are supporters of them.

oca dehimmi extraordinaire.

namvet
01-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Jimmy, although I think it noble to move this shit out of the public eye you know as well as I do not a goddamned thing will come of it, she will continue to micromanage and censor.

listen up. this board tolerates the shit slinging better than most. you want censorship???? huh???? ive been on boards if you say the word "hell" your banned for life. so try them on for size.

moon
01-03-2009, 01:12 PM
5stringJeff;

From the same Wikipedia entry:
"The site of the United Nations Headquarters has extraterritoriality status, typical of embassies. This affects some law enforcement where UN rules override the laws of New York City, but does not give immunity to crimes that take place there. In addition, the United Nations Headquarters remains under the jurisdiction and laws of the United States."

So it appears that the US would be able to kick out the UN, just like it would be able to reclaim an embassy from a country that it refused to recognize.

I'm not convinced that 'international territory' falls under the same umbrella as embassy status. A country can close a foreign embassy because the territory covered by that embassy is the host country's. 'International territory' appears different in that the territory no longer belongs solely to the country which granted such status.
I'm not certain, it's an interesting query.

I can't think of a better location for the UN headquarters than Jerusalem. Jerusalem is already international territory and belongs to all States, and no State alone.

Gaffer;

We all know who the true fascists are, and we know who are supporters of them.

You certainly don't appear to. And there are plenty around here who are proud of their fascism. They don't like their politics to be called 'fascist' because of the connotations, but supporters of genocide and ethnic cleansing are fascists, so they'll just have to get used to the term.

01-03-2009, 05:13 PM
You certainly don't appear to. And there are plenty around here who are proud of their fascism. They don't like their politics to be called 'fascist' because of the connotations, but supporters of genocide and ethnic cleansing are fascists, so they'll just have to get used to the term.

Glad to see you can finally admit you are fascist.

namvet
01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
wonder if moon knows the IDF is on the ground in Gaza ???? a major offense is right now in progress. :dance:

OCA
01-04-2009, 11:44 AM
listen up. this board tolerates the shit slinging better than most. you want censorship???? huh???? ive been on boards if you say the word "hell" your banned for life. so try them on for size.

Listen up Rookie, you can't even begin to approach my knowledge and experience on this subject on this board so save your caterwauling for your fellatio classes you've been taking at the local JUCO.

namvet
01-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Listen up Rookie, you can't even begin to approach my knowledge and experience on this subject on this board so save your caterwauling for your fellatio classes you've been taking at the local JUCO.

yea though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death you will fear no evil - cause your the meanest mother fucker in the valley???? that's about it FAGGOT????

OCA
01-04-2009, 01:25 PM
yea though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death you will fear no evil - cause your the meanest mother fucker in the valley???? that's about it FAGGOT????

Maybe not the meanest, just the most honest.

Do you prefer black or white fists up your kolara, eh papare?

namvet
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Maybe not the meanest, just the most honest.

Do you prefer black or white fists up your kolara, eh papare?

after further review the play on the field stands as called - an incomplete ejaculation by Ofen Called Asshole. your promoted from the taxi squad to SHITHOLE

moon
01-05-2009, 05:49 AM
Quote:Originally Posted by OCA

Gaffer;
Of course I am. By your standards everyone that doesn't lock step to your way of thinking is a fascist. We all know who the true fascists are, and we know who are supporters of them.

You're a self-confessed 'true fascist', like other New Klan members crapping in these threads.

Gaffer;

I want to see islam eradicated. By any means necessary with extreme prejudice.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=20544&page=6

Beware men with beards.

Psychoblues
01-05-2009, 05:52 AM
The sound of the heart of a scumdog's heart breaking.

You're a self-confessed 'true fascist', like other New Klan members crapping in these threads.

Gaffer;

Beware men with beards.

crack

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

moon
01-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Breaking their hearts gives more satisfaction than their own method of a shot in the back of the head.

Psychoblues
01-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Dig that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaking their hearts gives more satisfaction than their own method of a shot in the back of the head.

How's your back goggles!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

moon
01-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Quit mumbling like a moron. Your cover is blown.

Psychoblues
01-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Think so, scumdog?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Quit mumbling like a moron. Your cover is blown.

You ain't good at parody, are you?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Have one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

moon
01-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Define 'international territory' would you ? You've obviously got time on your hands.

Psychoblues
01-05-2009, 07:18 AM
It's 0613 hours my time, cowgirl, and I've had a "few" if you know what I mean.

Define 'international territory' would you ? You've obviously got time on your hands.

Is the argument about "international territory" or about the powers of the UN and how the Presidency of Barack Hussein Obama of the United States of America will effect any of that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Did you lose track or did your heart simply crack as I intimated earlier in this conversation?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!!

Get yourself one of these, scumdog. It helps in the more serious misunderstandings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

moon
01-05-2009, 07:34 AM
The term 'international territory' and its place in international law is crucial to the situation of the UN inside US territory. Nobody has defined it yet. If you want to actually add something to the quality of discussion on this dreadful neocon banner of a site then you might define it, instead of pooping all over the place with imagined witticisms.

Psychoblues
01-05-2009, 07:38 AM
How is this, scumdog?!?!?!??!?!?!?!???!?!?!?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The term 'international territory' and its place in international law is crucial to the situation of the UN inside US territory. Nobody has defined it yet. If you want to actually add something to the quality of discussion on this dreadful neocon banner of a site then you might define it, instead of pooping all over the place with imagined witticisms.

Isn't that about par for the course and exactly what you're looking for?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!

Take one of these and two of those and call me in the morning.

Psychoblues

moon
01-05-2009, 07:45 AM
You're a waste of time, dude.

Psychoblues
01-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Not my time, dudette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've been GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to have more of these enlightening conversations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you into turkey shoots, scumdog!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!??!??!??!?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

namvet
01-05-2009, 09:06 AM

then grab your cock and beat it...................:lol::lol: