PDA

View Full Version : A train wreck coming?

Mr. P
01-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Miley Cyrus that is...is it just me or does anyone else think she's following the same trail as Britteny Spears?

I mean geezzz have you heard her interviewed? She JUST turned 16 and sounds and acts like 25 or so.

I see dark clouds for this kid.

Noir
01-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Miley Cyrus that is...is it just me or does anyone else think she's following the same trail as Britteny Spears?

I mean geezzz have you heard her interviewed? She JUST turned 16 and sounds and acts like 25 or so.

I see dark clouds for this kid.

Meh, who cares if she does? She's set for life, I don't know what she did but it must have been amazing for her to be a superstar at 15, I mean at 9 did she devote her life to helping those less fortunate, forgoing a normal life to live one of utter selflessness?

Or is she just another product of this sick society of sex and drugs that we have, were you need not achive anything in life if you can whore yourself for fame? To pharaphrase a great man 'what really lies beond the constrants of my mind...it's just lock-jawed popstars, thicker than pig-shit, nothing to convay. They're so scared to show intelegence, it minght smear their lovely carrier'

I don't care if she does, and if she does then she deserves it, becuase of the idiocy of generation sex she will never have to worry about anything in her life, if she fucks it all up she only has herself to blame.

/rant lol

Abbey Marie
01-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Just last night, my brother in law said she will probably be the next Lindsey Lohan. It's certainly possible, but in her favor is a father who appears much more grounded than Lohan's mom.

dan
01-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, she'll be another one in the long line of girls who get chewed up and spit out by society. It happens over and over, and I don't see it stopping any time soon.

As I get older, though, I find my attitude becoming less judgemental of these girls. It's all fine and dandy that they'll be set for life (ask Corey Haim or Gary Coleman how well child stardom sets you up financially in adulthood), but the fact is, there's no such thing as a child star in this day and age who doesn't have a very influential parent behind them forcing them into it. At this point, I just see Britney, Miley, etc. as victims more than anything else. Let alone the fact that you NEVER hear people talk about what a great singer or actress Miley Cyrus is. She has to live with the fact that her fame is mainly just a construct of Disney and that she has no real value in her position in society. All the money in the world can't fix problems like that.

Abbey Marie
01-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Great insights, Dan. :clap: