PDA

View Full Version : Where Are We Getting Our News-MSM Loses, Bigtime!

Kathianne
01-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Seems most of US getting smart:

http://www.buzzmachine.com/2009/01/02/bad-news-good-news/

Bad news, good news
For a proposal I’m writing, I want to compile key stats that show the state of the news business (at least the incumbents, plus a view of demand). Here’s what I have. Do you have other stats that reveal the state?

Bad news…

• Newspaper stocks fell an average of 83.3% in 2008—twice the fall of the S&P 500—wiping out $64.5 billion in market value, according to Alan Mutter’s Newsosaur blog.

• Since 1994—and the release of the commercial web browser—newspaper audience penetration has fallen a third, from 23% to 16%. In that time, circulation fell 14% (59 million to 50 million, according to the Newspaper Association of America) while population rose 20%.

• Viewership for network evening news continues to decline, to 23.1 million in 2007, according to Nielsen. The median age of network evening news viewers is 61 in 2008, according to Magna Global USA.

• Since 1994, newspaper print advertising revenue fell on an inflation-adjusted basis by 10% (from $34,109 million in 1994 dollars to $42,209 million in 2007 dollars, says NAA)....

Good news…

• But newspaper online site audience has long since surpassed print circulation, reaching 69 million unique users in fall 2008, according to NAA.

• And the total online news audience is about 100 million—more than half total U.S. internet users—according to ComScore.

01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
i get mine online most of the time. sometimes cable news. doesnt really matter most of the time.

April15
01-03-2009, 06:31 PM
For information I use the Mercury news, the wall street journal, Telemundo, univision, deutchworld, BBC, and CNN, along with MSNBC and CBS, and our local TV, KRON. I don't watch Fox as they have a hard time with important issues. For radio KGO and limpballs for laughs.

Silver
01-03-2009, 06:43 PM
For information I use the Mercury news, the wall street journal, Telemundo, univision, deutchworld, BBC, and CNN, along with MSNBC and CBS, and our local TV, KRON. I don't watch Fox as they have a hard time with important issues. For radio KGO and limpballs for laughs.

Don't watch FOX but trust MSNBC, BBC, Telemundo, univision, deutchworld ?

Why not Al Jazaara ? For a moron like you, that should be #1....

April15
01-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Don't watch FOX but trust MSNBC, BBC, Telemundo, univision, deutchworld ?

Why not Al Jazaara ? For a moron like you, that should be #1....Fuks news does not have news but selected insults for certain people much like limpballs. It parodies the news service in 1984. Information from around the world can be trusted much more than news from a bought and paid for propaganda network.

red states rule
01-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Fuks news does not have news but selected insults for certain people much like limpballs. It parodies the news service in 1984. Information from around the world can be trusted much more than news from a bought and paid for propaganda network.

It pisses libe off that Fox News crushes the other cable news networks. Fox usually get 2 to 3 times the viewers that CNN and MSNBC gets

Libs laughed when Fox News first went on the air, now they just get pissed off amd toss out the insults

With talk radio, libs simply can't compete - and want Obama, Reid, and Pelosi to shut them down and silence them

Noir
01-03-2009, 08:36 PM
I mainly get news from the BBC and publications such as 'the week' and 'private eye' I also use sites like 'slashdot' for news that is not otherwise covered.

April15
01-03-2009, 09:33 PM
It pisses libe off that Fox News crushes the other cable news networks. Fox usually get 2 to 3 times the viewers that CNN and MSNBC gets

Libs laughed when Fox News first went on the air, now they just get pissed off amd toss out the insults

With talk radio, libs simply can't compete - and want Obama, Reid, and Pelosi to shut them down and silence themRodger Ailes is pandering to the lowest common denominator with Fox. If you want to use a single source for your information, then be uninformed.
On talk radio it is the bodinks that make up the vast listening audience. They cannot tell propaganda from fact. But it makes them feel good to hear Clyde Sleaseball AKA O'liely say it.

As for shutting down the comedy club of the radio and tv airwaves, Why? These guys are so stupid it is tantamount to Amos and Andy.

manu1959
01-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Rodger Ailes is pandering to the lowest common denominator with Fox. If you want to use a single source for your information, then be uninformed.
On talk radio it is the bodinks that make up the vast listening audience. They cannot tell propaganda from fact. But it makes them feel good to hear Clyde Sleaseball AKA O'liely say it.

As for shutting down the comedy club of the radio and tv airwaves, Why? These guys are so stupid it is tantamount to Amos and Andy.

if they are all so dumb and spreading lies to the ill informed why do you care......

April15
01-03-2009, 09:41 PM
if they are all so dumb and spreading lies to the ill informed why do you care......I really don't care. But when someone says they are telling the truth I feel obligated to let them know it is a lie. And so it is with Fuks news.

manu1959
01-03-2009, 09:51 PM
I really don't care. But when someone says they are telling the truth I feel obligated to let them know it is a lie. And so it is with Fuks news.

so they never evere ever ever tell anything that is true on fox news.....they only tell lies.....

Kathianne
01-03-2009, 10:21 PM
APRIL15, you do realize you've been pawned and then again?

Yurt
01-03-2009, 10:21 PM
I really don't care. But when someone says they are telling the truth I feel obligated to let them know it is a lie. And so it is with Fuks news.

cite one example...and no, a mistake and recant does not count, all news orgs are guilty of that...a lie...

show how evil they are

Yurt
01-03-2009, 10:23 PM
APRIL15, you do realize you've been pawned and then again?

:lol:

you mean...

http://www.mydaywillcome.com/images/pwnd.jpg

Kathianne
01-03-2009, 10:23 PM
:lol:

you mean...

http://www.mydaywillcome.com/images/pwnd.jpg

Indeed.

Yurt
01-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Indeed.

:cheers2:

Silver
01-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Rodger Ailes is pandering to the lowest common denominator with Fox. If you want to use a single source for your information, then be uninformed.

Only an idiot racist would accuse Amos and Andy of being stupid.....
I thought them very talented and their comedy very entertaining for their time.....
Only a moron lib can get away with being a racist and making racist comments......

Silver
01-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Fuks news does not have news but selected insults for certain people much like limpballs. It parodies the news service in 1984. Information from around the world can be trusted much more than news from a bought and paid for propaganda network.

Selected insults.....????

INSULTS....???
Maybe your getting Obermann mixed with real political commentators....

The entire program is one long insult that runs for weeks...usually against Bill O"reilly....

If Bill left the air Obermann would sit staring at the camera with nothing to say.....his program is one long boring rant against Bill O'Reilly....day after day, week after week, month after month, etc...

I guess when just feel good getting your news from Obermann, Sat. Night LIve, and Bill Maher....

Kathianne
01-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Fine, link them. Otherwise as Moon says, admit you are a tard.

Little-Acorn
01-04-2009, 02:51 AM
But when someone says they (Fox News) are telling the truth I feel obligated to let them know it is a lie.

When were you going to start?

All you've done so far is call them names, and make vague, unsupported allegations with no facts or particulars to back them up.

(yawn)

namvet
01-04-2009, 09:43 AM

info around the world is just as slanted and one sided as here. ie...there's libs/conservs in London to. to me its all clap trap city.................someone's personal opinion.