PDA

View Full Version : Huffington Post: Gore Owes Apology

Kathianne
01-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Very weird anti-global warming article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harold-ambler/mr-gore-apology-accepted_b_154982.html), blasting Gore.

The author has been blogging about weather for two months, now gets to write a full article that calls global warming, crap. Could it possibly be in anticipation of a new administration? Is climate change the new 'homeless' issue, only existing for Republican administrations?

namvet
01-04-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm so sick of this. the sky is falling.........ugh.........and they've all bought it hook link and sinker. im freezing my ass off today !!!!!!

Kathianne
01-04-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm so sick of this. the sky is falling.........ugh.........and they've all bought it hook link and sinker. im freezing my ass off today !!!!!!

It seems the tools though are recognizing that if Obama is to have a shot at success, they've got to get him out of the 'green' promise, especially regarding cars and oil production. It was ok to hammer Bush on this, but suddenly :eek: there's recognition of cyclical weather, who'd have thought?

Like I said, reminds me of the 'homeless' that always fall to near nothing during periods of Democratic rule. ;)

stephanie
01-04-2009, 09:44 AM
anyone see their new author Zsa Zsa has on Huffington?

none other than the "distinguest"....unrepentant domestic terrorist...Bill Ayers..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-ayers/obama-and-education-refor_b_154857.html

namvet
01-04-2009, 10:02 AM
It seems the tools though are recognizing that if Obama is to have a shot at success, they've got to get him out of the 'green' promise, especially regarding cars and oil production. It was ok to hammer Bush on this, but suddenly :eek: there's recognition of cyclical weather, who'd have thought?

Like I said, reminds me of the 'homeless' that always fall to near nothing during periods of Democratic rule. ;)

oh please Kath don't get me started on this engery crap. I got a letter from my P&L late last year. they said I get a free home thermostat if they can control it. the planet is just having some gas and it burps. so what ???!!!! it just dropped another 2 degrees here.

Kathianne
01-04-2009, 10:11 AM
anyone see their new author Zsa Zsa has on Huffington?

none other than the "distinguest"....unrepentant domestic terrorist...Bill Ayers..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-ayers/obama-and-education-refor_b_154857.html

Indeed, now there could be a fun place to 'comment.' ;)

stephanie
01-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Indeed, now there could be a fun place to 'comment.' ;)

didn't mean to hijack your thread, I saw this yesterday and couldn't believe it...but then again, yes I could...I don't take much that is posted on Huffington very seriously..she post outright lies, her site looks and sounds more like the National Enquire, and I can't stand to hear her talk...:thumb:

Kathianne
01-04-2009, 10:28 AM
didn't mean to hijack your thread, I saw this yesterday and couldn't believe it...but then again, yes I could...I don't take much that is posted on Huffington very seriously..she post outright lies, her site looks and sounds more like the National Enquire, and I can't stand to hear her talk...:thumb:

No hijacking, it's related! :thumb: Now the stories are changing, all to 'help' Obama. Will the supporters though be able to swing against the Gore line that quickly? :coffee:

namvet
01-04-2009, 10:32 AM
send Gore to Palestine - sun burns are imminent :coffee:

stephanie
01-04-2009, 10:33 AM
No hijacking, it's related! :thumb: Now the stories are changing, all to 'help' Obama. Will the supporters though be able to swing against the Gore line that quickly? :coffee:

I'm wondering how the hell that article on global warming was able to slip through..Zsa Zsa must of been hungover...:laugh2:

Kathianne
01-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm wondering how the hell that article on global warming was able to slip through..Zsa Zsa must of been hungover...:laugh2:

I checked out the 'author', he's been blogging all of two months. I think that's when they decided to remove the 'green' choke collar from "The One's" neck. I would expect to see more of this.

If they do what they've promised, the economy is going to get worse, quickly. I think this is the beginning of lifting of all those proposed 'caps'...

stephanie
01-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I checked out the 'author', he's been blogging all of two months. I think that's when they decided to remove the 'green' choke collar from "The One's" neck. I would expect to see more of this.

If they do what they've promised, the economy is going to get worse, quickly. I think this is the beginning of lifting of all those proposed 'caps'...

interesting take on it..could be right

Kathianne
01-04-2009, 11:05 AM
interesting take on it..could be right

I guess I assume a Machiavellian approach most of the time. Here's another article sort of related. Note suddenly an acknowledgment of 'fossil fuels', "Drill, baby, drill"...:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16759.html

Go north young man
By: Joel Kotkin and Mark Schill
December 30, 2008 05:18 AM EST

With his foreign policy team now in place, President-elect Barack Obama certainly will be urged to make his first forays into high profile places like Pakistan, Israel and Palestine, as well as to greet his devoted fan base in Europe.

But before heading off on the diplomatic grand tour, he might do well to turn his attention first to the country with which we have the closest political, economic and environmental ties: Canada. Although not as momentous or sexy a locale as Paris or Jerusalem, Ottawa could well hold the key to developing a bold new strategy for America in an increasingly incoherent and multi-polar world.

A focus on Canada and to some extent Mexico as well, would require a reversal of the kind of wide-ranging foreign policy focus that has dominated the country since the 1940s. In that period, the United States has extended – one might increasingly say overextended — its economic and political reach ever further from its continental base.

But perhaps the most critical relationship lies in the energy arena. The globally Saudi-centered energy policy of recent years, particularly during the Bush-Cheney era, has fueled our deadliest enemies and also threatens both our environment and long-term economic viability.

A U.S.-Canada energy consortium — with the eventual involvement of Mexico — provides us out from our fundamental geopolitical dilemma: how to grow our economy while reducing our dependence on imported energy and, over time, carbon-emitting fuels. This could take the form of something like a North American Energy Community, which would help coordinate research, development and environmental resources across the continent.

This approach would offer a way to shift our economic interests away from unreliable and unfriendly regimes towards countries with whom we have far better personal, political and economic ties. Current estimates indicate we will increase oil imports from 12.6 million barrels a day today to 16.4 million in 2030. More than half of that is expected to come from OPEC suppliers, with much of the rest from Russia and the Central Asia autocracies.

A continental strategy would halt this dangerous slide. Taken together, the resources of our three countries are both immense and extraordinarily diverse. Overall, North America ranks second only to the Middle East in proven oil reserves....

This alliance can work both in the short run on fossil fuels and will, over time, blossom with the shift to renewables. ...

Yurt
01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
very interesting article...it states that during warming periods human civilization flourished and during cooling periods we floundered....

KSigMason
01-05-2009, 12:24 PM
I wasn't alive in the 70s, but my father has spoken about it. Didn't Gore rant about Global Cooling and didn't he have a scientist following then saying we were heading to an ice age?

sgtdmski
01-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I was in high school during the 1980's and the talk then was of global cooling. It seemed that for several years in a row, the average temperature had decreased. Back then it was those CFCs in hair spray and other products. Well we eliminated them, and wow fast forward 20 years and the talk of the town is global warming.

Maybe Algore is right, global warming was man-made, for it was man that eliminated the CFCs that were causing cooling and now the resulting warming.

dmk

stephanie
01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/zinc2.gif

KSigMason
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Maybe Algore is right, global warming was man-made
Man-made as in a man made it up.

red states rule
01-08-2009, 02:35 PM
From the owner of the site

Huffington: 'I Would Not Have Posted' Article Asking Gore To Apologize
By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
January 8, 2009 - 13:33 ET

On Saturday, NewsBusters asked:

Did you ever in your wildest dreams imagine seeing an article at the liberal website the Huffington Post that not only refuted the anthropogenic global warming myth, but also asked Nobel Laureate Al Gore to apologize for the climate hysteria he's caused?

Apparently, neither could the website's founder, as Arianna Huffington has now gone on the record as saying, "It was an error in judgment" publishing Harold Ambler's "Mr. Gore: Apology Accepted." "I would not have posted it."

Now, via email, Arianna Huffington clarifies:

Harold Ambler reached out to me about posting a critical piece on Al Gore and the environment. We are always open to posts that present opinions contrary to HuffPost's editorial view -- and have welcomed many conservative voices, such as David Frum, Tony Blankley, Michael Smerconish, Bob Barr, Joe Scarborough, Jim Talent, etc., to the site. We have featured also countless posts from the leading lights of the Green movement, including Robert Redford, Laurie David, Carl Pope, Van Jones, David Roberts, and many others -- and I myself have written extensively about the global warming crisis, and have been highly critical of those who refuse to acknowledge the overwhelming scientific evidence.

When Ambler sent his post, I forwarded it to one of our associate blog editors to evaluate, not having read it. I get literally hundreds of posts a week submitted like this and obviously can't read them all -- which is why we have an editorial process in place. The associate blog editor published the post. It was an error in judgment. I would not have posted it. Although HuffPost welcomes a vigorous debate on many subjects, I am a firm believer that there are not two sides to every issue, and that on some issues the jury is no longer out. The climate crisis is one of these issues.

Wow. So there AREN'T two sides to every issue.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/01/08/huffington-i-would-not-have-posted-article-asking-gore-apologize

Joe Steel
01-09-2009, 08:31 AM

This is one of them.

stephanie
01-09-2009, 08:53 AM
From the owner of the site

Huffington: 'I Would Not Have Posted' Article Asking Gore To Apologize
By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
January 8, 2009 - 13:33 ET

On Saturday, NewsBusters asked:

Did you ever in your wildest dreams imagine seeing an article at the liberal website the Huffington Post that not only refuted the anthropogenic global warming myth, but also asked Nobel Laureate Al Gore to apologize for the climate hysteria he's caused?

Apparently, neither could the website's founder, as Arianna Huffington has now gone on the record as saying, "It was an error in judgment" publishing Harold Ambler's "Mr. Gore: Apology Accepted." "I would not have posted it."

Now, via email, Arianna Huffington clarifies:

Harold Ambler reached out to me about posting a critical piece on Al Gore and the environment. We are always open to posts that present opinions contrary to HuffPost's editorial view -- and have welcomed many conservative voices, such as David Frum, Tony Blankley, Michael Smerconish, Bob Barr, Joe Scarborough, Jim Talent, etc., to the site. We have featured also countless posts from the leading lights of the Green movement, including Robert Redford, Laurie David, Carl Pope, Van Jones, David Roberts, and many others -- and I myself have written extensively about the global warming crisis, and have been highly critical of those who refuse to acknowledge the overwhelming scientific evidence.

When Ambler sent his post, I forwarded it to one of our associate blog editors to evaluate, not having read it. I get literally hundreds of posts a week submitted like this and obviously can't read them all -- which is why we have an editorial process in place. The associate blog editor published the post. It was an error in judgment. I would not have posted it. Although HuffPost welcomes a vigorous debate on many subjects, I am a firm believer that there are not two sides to every issue, and that on some issues the jury is no longer out. The climate crisis is one of these issues.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/01/08/huffington-i-would-not-have-posted-article-asking-gore-apologize

she just discredited her own site about having so called, both sides of an opinion...

Zsa Zsa Huffington is nothing but a two bit loser, and her site should not ever be used for anything, except comic relief..