PDA

View Full Version : Dems Will Block Burris Form Entering US Senate

red states rule
01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
What a bunch of bigots the Dems are. Now they will block the door and keep Mr Burris from the swearing in ceremony, and if needed, calling the Police to remove him

This is going to be must see TV!

Aides: Democrats have plan if Burris shows up

CNN) — Senate Democratic leaders think Roland Burris, Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's pick to fill President-elect Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat, will likely show up on Capitol Hill Tuesday for the opening day of Congress, according to a Democratic aide familiar with Senate Democratic leaders' plans.

They have prepared a contingency plan in case he does, the aide added.

Burris will not be allowed on the Senate floor, according to this aide and a Senate Democratic leadership aide.

Watch: What if Burris shows up?

The aide familiar with Senate Democratic leaders' plans said if Burris tries to enter the Senate chamber, the Senate doorkeeper will stop Burris. If Burris were to persist, either trying to force his way onto the Senate floor or refusing to leave and causing a scene, U.S. Capitol Police would stop him, said the aide.

"They (police) probably won't arrest him" but they would call the sergeant-at-arms," the aide said.

When asked about what would happen if he shows up and tries to be seated, Burris told the Chicago Tribune that he's, "not going to create a scene in Washington." He added, "We hope it's negotiated out prior to my going to Washington."

Burris told CNN that, "We're certainly going to make contacts with the leadership to let them know that the governor of Illinois has made a legal appointment. And that I am currently the junior senator for the State of Illinois. And we're hoping and praying that, you know, they will see the reason in appointing me as a very qualified, capable, able and ready-to-serve individual."

Coincidentally, the senate sergeant-at-arms, Terrance Gainer, served in the Illinois government at the same time as Burris. Gainer was the director of the Illinois State Police from 1991-95. Burris was the Illinois attorney general from 1991-95.

Senate Democratic leaders, who consider Governor Rod Blagojevich a loose cannon, also have discussed what might happen if Blagojevich shows up on Capitol Hill Tuesday, said the aide familiar with their plans. But the leaders see that move by Blagojevich as unlikely at this time.

This would be a "radioactive" situation, according to the aide, because Senate Democratic leaders could not deny Blagojevich entry, as sitting governors have floor privileges in the Senate. Governors are allowed to walk around the Senate chamber or talk with senators while on the floor, though they cannot vote or formally address the Senate.

Blagojevich is aware he is allowed access to the Senate floor, his spokesman Lucio Guerrero said, but "the idea of going on Tuesday was first raised by a reporter," not Blagojevich.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/01/aides-democrats-have-plan-if-burris-shows-up/

stephanie
01-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Democrats racism is rearing it's ugly head...AGAIN

red states rule
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM

It will be fun to watch

A few points to consider. Blago has not been convicted of anything - so his pick of Burris is not tainted

Now we know Hillary is caught up in a "pay to play" scheme - but I doubt if the Dems will block her appointment to Sec of State

Welcome to the change folks!

moon
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM

It has a ways to go to catch up;

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/ag25_thumb.jpg

stephanie
01-05-2009, 11:52 AM
catch up :laugh2:

they elected a grand wizard of the KKK to represent them in government ...

moon
01-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Link, please.

red states rule
01-05-2009, 11:55 AM
catch up :laugh2:

they elected a grand wizard of the KKK to represent them in government ...

I want to see how the race baiters like Jackson and Rev Al respond. Since it is Dems doing this - I suspect they will stand on their sidelines in total silence

stephanie
01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Link, please.

ok, I was wrong about grand wizard, he was only, Exalted Cyclops

Byrd joined the Ku Klux Klan when he was 24 in 1942. His local chapter unanimously elected him Exalted Cyclops.[2]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[2] Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops.[2]

In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:[6]

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944 [2][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

red states rule
01-05-2009, 12:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FIBJt-c2o0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FIBJt-c2o0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

moon
01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Byrd;

I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

Pull your head out when Bush apologizes a thousand times.

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/capt10_thumb.jpg

He has a ways to go to catch up.

stephanie
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Byrd;

Pull your head out when Bush apologizes a thousand times.

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/capt10_thumb.jpg

He has a ways to go to catch up.

now how did I know you would make apologies for your very own KKK member..

you can try and whitewash it anyway you like, you all still elected a member of the KKK to represent the DEMOCRAT PARTY...

a stain on the blue dress you will never be able to wash away...:coffee:

Classact
01-05-2009, 12:45 PM
The democrats are imploding!!! It's so fun to watch... you can only imagine the next domino to fall...

red states rule
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
The democrats are imploding!!! It's so fun to watch... you can only imagine the next domino to fall...

and these are the idiots that will save the nation???? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

moon
01-05-2009, 01:00 PM
now how did I know you would make apologies for your very own KKK member..

He's making his own apologies. Why should I be making apologies for some ex-KKK asshole ? Do me a favor, impeach him alongside Bush/Cheney.

There is a difference though. Byrd didn't preside over Abu Ghraib, or anything resembling Abu Ghraib. As I said, in racist terms the Democrats have a long ways to go to catch the Republicans.

Guantanamo Bay still open for business ?

stephanie
01-05-2009, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=moon;336984]He's making his own apologies. Why should I be making apologies for some ex-KKK asshole ? Do me a favor, impeach him alongside Bush/Cheney.

the Democrats are supposing to be doing the impeaching of Bush/Cheney, wonder why they haven't..couldn't be that little thing called, no impeachable crimes committed, could it..

wishing it were so, doesn't make it so, dumbass..

moon
01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
No, they consider that, as George has already been Bushwacked, he gets a free pass. Others of different persuasion will press ahead with the prosecutions. Byrd, on the other hand, looks free of any prosecution at all. Anything to add ?

KSigMason
01-05-2009, 01:15 PM
For them doing their victory dance

:dance:

with Obama winning with a Dem heavy Congress they sure seem to be doing some dumb shit lately.

stephanie
01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
No, they consider that, as George has already been Bushwacked, he gets a free pass. Others of different persuasion will press ahead with the prosecutions. Byrd, on the other hand, looks free of any prosecution at all. Anything to add ?

press on, and follow what the little Marxist preaches.......HOPE HOPE HOPE....:laugh2:

red states rule
01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
press on, and follow what the little Marxist preaches.......HOPE HOPE HOPE....:laugh2:

and CHANGE, CHANGE, CHANGE

http://www.culturejamforlife.com/nobama2008/images/obama_change.jpg

red states rule
01-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Next stop - the Courthouse

Democrat Roland Burris blocked from Senate

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The man named by the scandal-plagued governor of Illinois to replace President-elect Barack Obama in the U.S. Senate failed to gain entry on Tuesday when the chamber's secretary rejected as incomplete his credentials for the seat.

Roland Burris, a Democrat appointed to the seat by fellow Democrat Rod Blagojevich, said afterward, "I am not seeking to have any type of confrontation. I will now consult with my attorneys and we will determine what my next step will be."

Blagojevich was arrested last month on charges he tried to sell the seat that Obama vacated after his November 4 election win, charges the governor has denied. When Blagojevich later named Burris to fill the seat in the Democrat-controlled Senate, the move immediately hit obstacles.

The secretary of state in Illinois has refused to certify Blagojevich's appointment of Burris. Senate rules say such certification is needed.

Burris has asked the Illinois Supreme Court for a speedy decision on his request that the secretary of state be required to sign the certificate. He contends his appointment is legal.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5054V420090106