PDA

View Full Version : Horrific Hate Crime Goes Unreported

Hugh Lincoln
03-27-2007, 09:31 PM
I can't imagine why!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/178831/the_channon_christianchristopher_newsom.html

Gaffer
03-27-2007, 09:55 PM
I agree with that article. I remember hearing about it when it first happened but nothing more ever came out. Those kinds of stories tend to be fillers between the smith and spears BIG news.

By the way Anna Nichol Smith is STILL dead.

LiberalNation
03-27-2007, 10:10 PM
and still in the news. People were fascinated by her in life and even more so in death it seems.

03-28-2007, 12:41 AM
What about Elton John's hate crime?

Hugh Lincoln
03-28-2007, 07:49 PM
What about Elton John's hate crime?

You mean, when he wore the yellow polka dots with the plaid pants?

gabosaurus
03-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Bring out the white sheets and hoods! There needs ta be a lynching!

03-29-2007, 01:52 AM
You mean, when he wore the yellow polka dots with the plaid pants?

no his concert with the burning church.

grunt
03-29-2007, 09:53 AM
It amazes me how so many Americans have become impotent, lap dogs to the PC movement. Racism is a bad thing. One thing it is NOT, however, is entirely a black problem. Blacks in this country have been told for so long how mistreated and oppressed they are, that they actually believe it. They think all whites are out to get them.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I can't imagine why!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/178831/the_channon_christianchristopher_newsom.html

Apparently the writer of this article doesn't remember the Jon Benet Ramsey case or the Natalee Holloway, Aruba coverage. Both white, female victims whose cases were plastered all across the national media for more than a year. In fact, I still see magazines with JBRamsey's picture on the cover standing in line at the grocery store today! How many murders of black women were covered in the MSM with the zeal and continuity that these white victims' were? This is another spun-up article attacking the media (the messengers) for their message. If it ain't the "libs," it's the "liberal MSM." What a crock.

grunt
03-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Apparently the writer of this article doesn't remember the Jon Benet Ramsey case or the Natalee Holloway, Aruba coverage. Both white, female victims whose cases were plastered all across the national media for more than a year. In fact, I still see magazines with JBRamsey's picture on the cover standing in line at the grocery store today! How many murders of black women were covered in the MSM with the zeal and continuity that these white victims' were? This is another spun-up article attacking the media (the messengers) for their message. If it ain't the "libs," it's the "liberal MSM." What a crock.

Apparently you're one of those impotent, PC lapdogs I was writing about. :cool:

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Apparently you're one of those impotent, PC lapdogs I was writing about. :cool:

Perhaps instead of making smarmy, self-righteous insults you might explain how this:

...pointing out how miopic the article is, makes me a "PC lap-dog." :fu:

grunt
03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Perhaps instead of making smarmy, self-righteous insults you might explain how this:

...pointing out how miopic the article is, makes me a "PC lap-dog." :fu:

Easy. You somehow turn the reason that newspaper companies and TV networks want to make money into racism. It's a typical, LIEberal, PC, bleeding-heart tactic. So take that finger of yours, boy, and put it away before you lose it. :slap: lol

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Easy. You somehow turn the reason that newspaper companies and TV networks want to make money into racism. It's a typical, LIEberal, PC, bleeding-heart tactic. So take that finger of yours, boy, and put it away before you lose it. :slap: lol

My post does nothing to promote the idea that there are racist agendas in the media genius. The article, on the other hand, alleges that black-on-white crimes aren't reported the way white-on-black crimes are, which is not true. The MSM has no racial agenda. Did you even read my post? Or more to the point, can you read? I'm starting to have my doubts.

grunt
03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
My post does nothing to promote the idea that there are racist agendas in the media genius. The article, on the other hand, alleges that black-on-white crimes aren't reported the way white-on-black crimes are, which is not true. The MSM has no racial agenda. Did you even read my post? Or more to the point, can you read? I'm starting to have my doubts.

What exactly does this mean then?

"How many murders of black women were covered in the MSM with the zeal and continuity that these white victims' were?"

-----Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 12:48 PM
What exactly does this mean then?

"How many murders of black women were covered in the MSM with the zeal and continuity that these white victims' were?"

-----Hagbard Celine

It means "how many murders of black women were covered in the MSM with the zeal and continuity that these white victims' were?" I can't write it any more plainly than that. Can you supply any?

grunt
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
It means "how many murders of black women were covered in the MSM with the zeal and continuity that these white victims' were?" I can't write it any more plainly than that. Can you supply any?

Then I'll repeat my statement: "You somehow turn the reason that newspaper companies and TV networks want to make money into racism."

Understand now?

Dolt.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Then I'll repeat my statement: "You somehow turn the reason that newspaper companies and TV networks want to make money into racism."

Understand now?

Dolt.

No I didn't. I never said anything about racism. You're making stuff up. That's very clever the way you repeated your nonsensical query the way I repeated my plainly-written statement. Nice insult by the way. Are you a 19th-century Englishman by any chance?

glockmail
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM

Neither case involved blacks killing whites, or am I missing something?

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Neither case involved blacks killing whites, or am I missing something?

The point is that they were both white victims. Where are all the black murder victims the writer says get more coverage than all those poor white victims?

glockmail
03-29-2007, 01:10 PM
The point is that they were both white victims. Where are all the black murder victims the writer says get more coverage than all those poor white victims? I think you are off the mark here. The Duke case involved a black victim and it was in the news for months, at least until the truth came out, now its buried.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I think you are off the mark here. The Duke case involved a black victim and it was in the news for months, at least until the truth came out, now its buried.

How about the OJ Simpson trial? Two white victims, one black perp. Constant media coverage.

glockmail
03-29-2007, 01:19 PM
How about the OJ Simpson trial? Two white victims, one black perp. Constant media coverage. OJ was a national football champ. He was also living a white life until he enlisted help from the race industry to get him off. Michael Jackson did the same thing, BTW.

What a hoot, when you think about it.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:26 PM
OJ was a national football champ. He was also living a white life until he enlisted help from the race industry to get him off. Michael Jackson did the same thing, BTW.

What a hoot, when you think about it.

"White life" huh. Do you mean the "upper middle-class" life? Interestingly, TIME magazine was actually guilty of a racially-linked faux pas in the OJ case. The mug shot pic of OJ on the cover of one of their issues was digitally altered to make OJ's skin color darker. The darker the skin, the more evil and more guilty the perp right? This was obviously an isolated case and I don't think it was indicative of the MSM overall.

glockmail
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
"White life" huh. Do you mean the "upper middle-class" life? Interestingly, TIME magazine was actually guilty of a racially-linked faux pas in the OJ case. The mug shot pic of OJ on the cover of one of their issues was digitally altered to make OJ's skin color darker. The darker the skin, the more evil and more guilty the perp right? This was obviously an isolated case and I don't think it was indicative of the MSM overall.
If that's upper middle class then get me an ex-model wife, mansion, sports cars, limos, celebrity parties, and all the dough that goes with it! The "white life" comment is not mine, I borrowed it from Al Sharpton or one of those others in the Race Industry, I don't recall exactly who.

No way will I defend Time mag. I stopped buying that nearly 20 years ago. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they used photoshop or darkroom techniques to "color" a story. :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:43 PM
If that's upper middle class then get me an ex-model wife, mansion, sports cars, limos, celebrity parties, and all the dough that goes with it! The "white life" comment is not mine, I borrowed it from Al Sharpton or one of those others in the Race Industry, I don't recall exactly who.

No way will I defend Time mag. I stopped buying that nearly 20 years ago. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they used photoshop or darkroom techniques to "color" a story. :laugh2:

Well, I don't think we further anyone's goals in America when we use derisive phrases like "white life" even when we are quoting someone. TIME, Newsweek, etc. they're all the same. Same as all the major broadcasters. They're all businesses trying compete in the marketplace. I think individuals in the companies do actually hold to journalistic principles and want to make a difference, in fact I know they do, but I always vehemently deny the charge that they are "liberal" or "racist" on purpose. Although, Fox News is so biased so consistently that I have a lot trouble writing it off as accidental.

glockmail
03-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Well, I don't think we further anyone's goals in America when we use derisive phrases like "white life" even when we are quoting someone. TIME, Newsweek, etc. they're all the same. Same as all the major broadcasters. They're all businesses trying compete in the marketplace. I think individuals in the companies do actually hold to journalistic principles and want to make a difference, in fact I know they do, but I always vehemently deny the charge that they are "liberal" or "racist" on purpose. Although, Fox News is so biased so consistently that I have a lot trouble writing it off as accidental. Fair enough on the white life thing, but you've got to ke kidding about the "standards" of Time, Newseek, et al, then hit up Fox for being biased.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Fair enough on the white life thing, but you've got to ke kidding about the "standards" of Time, Newseek, et al, then hit up Fox for being biased.

I didn't defend the "standards" of any publications. I said they weren't purposefully biased. Newsweek doctors photos and makes stuff up all the time. They're no angels.

grunt
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
No I didn't. I never said anything about racism. You're making stuff up. That's very clever the way you repeated your nonsensical query the way I repeated my plainly-written statement. Nice insult by the way. Are you a 19th-century Englishman by any chance?

Are you retarded?

First you write this:

-----Hagbard Celine

Then you write this:

"No I didn't. I never said anything about racism. You're making stuff up."
---------Hagbard Celine

Then you write this:

"The point is that they were both white victims. Where are all the black murder victims the writer says get more coverage than all those poor white victims?"

-------Hagbard Celine

If that's not trying to put a "racist" spin on the media, then what would you think it to mean? I see you trying to get us to believe that the man writing the article is wrong, he's not. You will not see a black on white "hate crime" covered in the media like you will when you see a white on black "hate crime". You're trying to spin this into a racial thing, when in reality, the reason the news reports this way is because of money. Period. Ramsey sold papers. OJ sold papers. Nothing more, nothing less. The media would sell it's soul (and it has) to make money.

Dolt.

(Dolt, btw, is a very common word. Maybe you should get out of the starbucks a little more often. :slap:)

glockmail
03-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I didn't defend the "standards" of any publications. I said they weren't purposefully biased. Newsweek doctors photos and makes stuff up all the time. They're no angels. I haven't read Newsweek or Time in a long time, but I have read the NYT, along with and they are biased as hell. I find Fox to be much less so.

Trigg
03-30-2007, 08:49 PM
The point is that they were both white victims. Where are all the black murder victims the writer says get more coverage than all those poor white victims?

I'm amazed that you don't see the difference in the media coverage of say. The 3 white women beated almost to death by 10 blacks on Halloween (the blacks got house arrest by the way) and the Duke rape coverage.

The media is ever so happy to report every juicy detail of white on black crime, but hardly a peep when it's black on white. Good lord there was a whole segment on FOX about whether or not blacks can even be racist.

grunt
03-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm amazed that you don't see the difference in the media coverage of say. The 3 white women beated almost to death by 10 blacks on Halloween (the blacks got house arrest by the way) and the Duke rape coverage.

The media is ever so happy to report every juicy detail of white on black crime, but hardly a peep when it's black on white. Good lord there was a whole segment on FOX about whether or not blacks can even be racist.

Hey, hey ,hey now!! It's racist to insinuate that blacks can be racist!

:laugh2:

Trigg
03-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey, hey ,hey now!! It's racist to insinuate that blacks can be racist!

I know, I know, what was I thinking?? This guy was just having a bad day, no racism here. Hardly any media attention on this one either.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/03/21/national/a160534D28.DTL

A judge sentenced a man to 240 years in prison Wednesday for taking hostages in a bar and telling patrons that "white people are going to burn tonight."

State Supreme Court Justice Maxwell Wiley told Steven Johnson, 39, who is black, that he had forfeited his "right to live in society."

Johnson, 39, was convicted March 1 of attempted murder, assault and other charges, including some designated as hate crimes.

Johnson invaded Bar Veloce, in Manhattan's East Village neighborhood, while nine men and six women were inside it June 16, 2002. He was carrying three pistols, a samurai sword and a container of kerosene.

He told police he had left the Brooklyn housing project where he lived and taken the subway to go look for "happy" white people to avenge the mistreatment of blacks.

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I know, I know, what was I thinking?? This guy was just having a bad day, no racism here. Hardly any media attention on this one either.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/03/21/national/a160534D28.DTL

A judge sentenced a man to 240 years in prison Wednesday for taking hostages in a bar and telling patrons that "white people are going to burn tonight."

State Supreme Court Justice Maxwell Wiley told Steven Johnson, 39, who is black, that he had forfeited his "right to live in society."

Johnson, 39, was convicted March 1 of attempted murder, assault and other charges, including some designated as hate crimes.

Johnson invaded Bar Veloce, in Manhattan's East Village neighborhood, while nine men and six women were inside it June 16, 2002. He was carrying three pistols, a samurai sword and a container of kerosene.

He told police he had left the Brooklyn housing project where he lived and taken the subway to go look for "happy" white people to avenge the mistreatment of blacks.

Oh my! You mean that a black racist is being held to the standards of white racists? Next thing you'll be saying we don't need hate laws, the laws are being implemented fairly!

manu1959
03-30-2007, 09:39 PM

there are happy white people in a bar in the east village?!

Trigg
03-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh my! You mean that a black racist is being held to the standards of white racists? Next thing you'll be saying we don't need hate laws, the laws are being implemented fairly!

Sarcasm??? :poke:

The point is the almost total lack of media attention involving black on white crimes where race is a motivating factor.

BTW I think extra time for "hate crimes" is idiotic.

grunt
03-30-2007, 09:44 PM

well, if by "happy" you mean "gay"....then yes. :dance:

Trigg
03-30-2007, 09:45 PM

Ya, who knew. :coffee:

grunt
03-30-2007, 09:45 PM

The point is the almost total lack of media attention involving black on white crimes where race is a motivating factor.

I couldn't agree more. A crime is a crime is a crime. If a white guy beats the shit out of another white guy, what? Does he love him? I'm think he HATES him. lol

manu1959
03-30-2007, 09:46 PM
well, if by "happy" you mean "gay"....then yes. :dance:

nine men and six women.....ya right

manu1959
03-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I couldn't agree more. A crime is a crime is a crime. If a white guy beats the shit out of another white guy, what? Does he love him? I'm think he HATES him. lol

that is like the insanity defense.....murder by definition is insane....the defense is pointless....my clinet is insane!....ya we know...if they were sane they would not be killing people...unfortunately they are still guilty and they will shot at dawn

grunt
03-30-2007, 09:48 PM
nine men and six women.....ya right

no, really...check it out: http://rjr10036.typepad.com/proceed_at_your_own_risk/2006/06/hate_crime_my_s.html

manu1959
03-30-2007, 09:52 PM
no, really...check it out: http://rjr10036.typepad.com/proceed_at_your_own_risk/2006/06/hate_crime_my_s.html

no no no...i get it....9 men and 6 men dressed as women

Trigg
03-30-2007, 09:56 PM
that is like the insanity defense.....murder by definition is insane....the defense is pointless....my clinet is insane!....ya we know...if they were sane they would not be killing people...unfortunately they are still guilty and they will shot at dawn

Agreed, hate the insanity defense also.

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 09:58 PM

Me too. I think the whole idea of hate crimes is idiotic.

grunt
03-30-2007, 10:54 PM
no no no...i get it....9 men and 6 men dressed as women

LOL! Oh, I missed that.