PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Erases Gingrich's Long-Standing Fairness Rules

red states rule
01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
San Fran Nan is drunk with power. More of the change Obama is bringing to DC

Pelosi Erases Gingrich's Long-Standing Fairness Rules
by Connie Hair

01/05/2009

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to re-write House rules today to ensure that the Republican minority is unable to have any influence on legislation. Pelosi’s proposals are so draconian, and will so polarize the Capitol, that any thought President-elect Obama has of bipartisan cooperation will be rendered impossible before he even takes office.

Pelosi’s rule changes -- which may be voted on today -- will reverse the fairness rules that were written around Newt Gingrich’s “Contract with America.”

In reaction, the House Republican leadership is sending a letter today to Pelosi to object to changes to House Rules this week that would bar Republicans from offering alternative bills, amendments to Democrat bills or even the guarantee of open debate accessible by motions to recommit for any piece of legislation during the entire 111th Congress. These procedural abuses, as outlined in the below letter obtained by HUMAN EVENTS, would also include the repeal of six-year limit for committee chairmen and other House Rules reform measures enacted in 1995 as part of the Contract with America.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30143

Kathianne
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
San Fran Nan is drunk with power. More of the change Obama is bringing to DC

Pelosi Erases Gingrich's Long-Standing Fairness Rules
by Connie Hair

01/05/2009

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to re-write House rules today to ensure that the Republican minority is unable to have any influence on legislation. Pelosi’s proposals are so draconian, and will so polarize the Capitol, that any thought President-elect Obama has of bipartisan cooperation will be rendered impossible before he even takes office.

Pelosi’s rule changes -- which may be voted on today -- will reverse the fairness rules that were written around Newt Gingrich’s “Contract with America.”

In reaction, the House Republican leadership is sending a letter today to Pelosi to object to changes to House Rules this week that would bar Republicans from offering alternative bills, amendments to Democrat bills or even the guarantee of open debate accessible by motions to recommit for any piece of legislation during the entire 111th Congress. These procedural abuses, as outlined in the below letter obtained by HUMAN EVENTS, would also include the repeal of six-year limit for committee chairmen and other House Rules reform measures enacted in 1995 as part of the Contract with America.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30143

Payback will be a bitch down the road. Not good for the 'people' but none of them care.

red states rule
01-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Payback will be a bitch down the road. Not good for the 'people' but none of them care.

When Republcians take back the power, I hope they remember this, and ignore the Dems and go with CONSERVATIVE ideas and principals

Kathy, Republicans (not conservatives) are the ones to blame as well

We have let the Dems steal recent elections and gain almost complete power.

We need new party leadership, and get back to Reagan conservatism

Kathianne
01-05-2009, 05:40 PM
When Republcians take back the power, I hope they remember this, and ignore the Dems and go with CONSERVATIVE ideas and principals

Kathy, Republicans (not conservatives) are the ones to blame as well

We have let the Dems steal recent elections and gain almost complete power.

We need new party leadership, and get back to Reagan conservatism

Never go 'back', always go forward...

red states rule
01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Never go 'back', always go forward...

I think the party should go back to what brought them to the dance - Reagan conservitism

But we will have most open and ethical congress in history. :rolleyes:

Dissent went out with Obama’s election. We’re back to the good old democratic ideal of “you’re wrong, now shut the fuck up".

Kathianne
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I think the party should go back to what brought them to the dance - Reagan conservitism

But we will have most open and ethical congress in history. :rolleyes:

Dissent went out with Obama’s election. We’re back to the good old democratic ideal of “you’re wrong, now shut the fuck up".

Reagan like Bush did a lot of regulation. He also bugged out of many things we should have done, would have had fewer problems now.

Don't get me wrong, there was a verbal trail that would be good to follow, but there were reasons planted that Bush 1 was a one termer, besides, "Read my lips."

Actual conservatism needs to be embraced, it's been a long time coming and would be the most 'change' we've seen in decades.

red states rule
01-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Reagan like Bush did a lot of regulation. He also bugged out of many things we should have done, would have had fewer problems now.

Don't get me wrong, there was a verbal trail that would be good to follow, but there were reasons planted that Bush 1 was a one termer, besides, "Read my lips."

Actual conservatism needs to be embraced, it's been a long time coming and would be the most 'change' we've seen in decades.

Reagan was far from perfect, be he is the mold we need to use for future leaders of the party

Fpr the next few years dissent it only patriotic if you are a Democrat speaking out against a Republican.

Pelosi's next move will be to move all the Republican offices out into the parking lot, and push the Fairness Doctrine through to wipe out all opposing voices

Kathianne
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Reagan was far from perfect, be he is the mold we need to use for future leaders of the party

Fpr the next few years dissent it only patriotic if you are a Democrat speaking out against a Republican.

Pelosi's next move will be to move all the Republican offices out into the parking lot, and push the Fairness Doctrine through to wipe out all opposing voices

We disagree. Someone new, with a new take needs to emerge. Addressing the problems caused by both parties, emphasizing smaller government, robust defense, limited involvement with other state's problems, paying off the deficit.

red states rule
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
We disagree. Someone new, with a new take needs to emerge. Addressing the problems caused by both parties, emphasizing smaller government, robust defense, limited involvement with other state's problems, paying off the deficit.

Kathy, todays problems can be solved with Reagan conservatism and principals

Conservative leadership positions now have a huge void just waiting to be filled

But what power mad Dems are overlooking is with absolute power comes absolute responsibility. The results will rest squarely on their shoulders, despite the liberal media's efforts to blame Pres Bush and the Republican minority

Kathianne
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Kathy, todays problems can be solved with Reagan conservatism and principals

Conservative leadership positions now have a huge void just waiting to be filled

But what power mad Dems are overlooking is with absolute power comes absolute responsibility. The results will rest squarely on their shoulders, despite the liberal media's efforts to blame Pres Bush and the Republican minority

It would be great if they could speak like Reagan, but his policies are done. Need some new thoughts.

red states rule
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
It would be great if they could speak like Reagan, but his policies are done. Need some new thoughts.

What policies are done Kat? Tax cuts, more freedom for people and business, smaller government, strong defense?

Reagan blew it on illegals, I agree. Then we had a few milion, now it is around 20 million

Kathianne
01-05-2009, 06:52 PM
What policies are done Kat? Tax cuts, more freedom for people and business, smaller government, strong defense?

Reagan blew it on illegals, I agree. Then we had a few milion, now it is around 20 million

More than that, as I said, rather than trashing Reagan, I want some reasons to vote conservative.

red states rule
01-05-2009, 06:54 PM
More than that, as I said, rather than trashing Reagan, I want some reasons to vote conservative.

I agree. I want a Reagan conservative who actually believes in conservative principals

Not a RINO, or a liberal Republican like McCain who preaches conservatism during the election season