PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Is #1 for 7th straight year

red states rule
01-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Fox news is the only news channel worth watching. They allow both sides on every issue to make their case. The viewers do get both sides when they watch

snip

But Fox News remained the undisputed news champ. Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes’s network celebrated its seventh consecutive year as the cable-news rating leader in primetime and total day among viewers and the key 25-to-54 demographic. And 2008 was Fox News’s highest-rated year ever in both total day and primetime. Fox News officials said its executives were not available for comment.

The dominant all-news network saw its primetime average grow 41% from 2007 to 2.059 million viewers last year, almost as many as CNN and MSNBC combined. In terms of household primetime ratings in 2008, Fox News ranked No. 4 among all cable networks with a 1.7 average, up 31% from 2007, according to Disney ABC Television Group analysis of Nielsen data.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6625991.html

red states rule
01-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Who wants to watch those clowns over at CNN & MSNBC?

Maybe they'll wise up and realize being liberally biased will destroy their ratings, or maybe they don't care, it's all about pushing the left wing agenda.

This goes for Air America also.

Little-Acorn
01-06-2009, 12:11 PM
We'll probably get the usual reaction from the left. Namecalling, screams that Fox News lies, etc. etc, all without any actual examples of these supposed "lies" or any effort to find any.

How long before they start telling us that female Fox News reporters are ugly?

red states rule
01-06-2009, 12:17 PM
We'll probably get the usual reaction from the left. Namecalling, screams that Fox News lies, etc. etc, all without any actual examples of these supposed "lies" or any effort to find any.

How long before they start telling us that female Fox News reporters are ugly?

They allow both sides on every issue to make their case. American people are fairminded.

Libs will call them stupid, uninformed, and/or idiots

Libs will ignore the 7 year winning streak and look to such examples of objective journalism like Dan Rather, and Chris Matthews

SpidermanTUba
01-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Here's the #1 music single in America: http://top40-charts.com/songs/media.php?sid=24950 "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"

Watch it and then come explain to me how rankings mean anything having to do with actual high quality in media.

5stringJeff
01-07-2009, 10:07 PM
I'd rather watch CNN for the news content. I do like Fox's morning show though.

red states rule
01-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Here's the #1 music single in America: http://top40-charts.com/songs/media.php?sid=24950 "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"

Watch it and then come explain to me how rankings mean anything having to do with actual high quality in media.

Has that song be #1 for 7 years? :laugh2:

red states rule
01-08-2009, 07:55 AM
I'd rather watch CNN for the news content. I do like Fox's morning show though.

If you like the "news" with a liberal slant

Hobbit
01-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I like how Fox really tries to be balanced and I really like a lot of their content, but that's not why it's #1. It's the fights. When Fox gets guests on, they try to get blowhard ideologues who aren't used to being challenged, so they yell. Some people find yelling entertaining. I don't, so I typically change channels when the yelling starts, but I have a feeling that this contributes greatly to their ratings.

red states rule
01-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I like how Fox really tries to be balanced and I really like a lot of their content, but that's not why it's #1. It's the fights. When Fox gets guests on, they try to get blowhard ideologues who aren't used to being challenged, so they yell. Some people find yelling entertaining. I don't, so I typically change channels when the yelling starts, but I have a feeling that this contributes greatly to their ratings.

Some of the hosts will shut down the fights. I have seen Sean cut the sound when the guests will not shut up

Fox goes out of their way to have an equal number of conservatives and liberals on - and they try to have both sides express their opinions

You are right - it seems liberals like to try and fillabuster, not answer the questions, and will try to shout down those who do agree with them

5stringJeff
01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
If you like the "news" with a liberal slant

No, it's when I want to hear more than three stories in a half hour. Fox has a way of making sure that every news item has two or three commentators, which slows the whole thing down. Very inefficient.