PDA

View Full Version : Biden Compares Economy to 9-11

red states rule
01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Joe Biden, the human gaffe machine, actually compared the US ecoonomy to the terror attack on 9-11

Biden on economy: 'We're at war'

Vice-president-elect Joe Biden likened the country’s economic crisis to the attacks of 9/11 Monday in a private meeting on Capitol Hill.

“We’re at war,” Biden told congressional leaders of both parties during their sit-down with Barack Obama in the Capitol, according to two sources familiar with the exchange.

It’s not the first time the vice-president-elect has used stark language to underscore the perilous state of the economy. In an interview last month on ABC’s “This Week,” Biden said that a stimulus package was needed to keep the economy from “absolutely tanking.”

Biden spokeswoman Elizabeth Alexander said Biden “was speaking of how after September 11th, that the Congress came together and worked together for the sake of the country, that the Congress worked day and night to accomplish what was necessary. We did it then and we can do it now.”

Biden’s grim warning came as Obama began a public push for quick passage of a massive economic growth package in meetings with congressional leaders and his economic team.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17097.html

Yurt
01-06-2009, 09:26 PM
i can't wait till biden calls hillary a 'looker'

red states rule
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM

Will he be sober at the time? :laugh2:

hjmick
01-06-2009, 10:28 PM

I can't wait until Biden's spokespeople no longer come behind him telling us what he really meant.

Yurt
01-06-2009, 10:34 PM
I can't wait until Biden's spokespeople no longer come behind him telling us what he really meant.

yeah, whatever happen to 'telling it like it is'? or did they 'ever' tell it like it is?

PostmodernProphet
01-07-2009, 10:03 AM
the parallel continues...the left has always said Bush erred by attacking the wrong enemy....Iraq......now in the "war" against the recession the left attacks the wrong enemy.....employers......

namvet
01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/Y/Q/2/biden-gaffe-sac1024cd.jpg

:coffee::laugh2: