PDA

View Full Version : History

Yurt
01-06-2009, 10:52 PM
i am a bit of a history buff. almost took history in college and then i looked at the $$ at the end of my degree......and well the rest is......history.

san luis obispo, california, has an incredible history. small town, still small town, yet, in the beginning was a very important link between LA and SF. our first mission was founded in 1772. when we take walks from our pad to downtown and we walk past the mission fountain (sculptured momma bear, her two cubs and the little girl all gazing in the pond with momma bear's paw 'parting' the stream) i always look up at the date on the mission. it looks old, it is old. a modern view:

http://www.alphafsa.com/images/projects/SLO-Mission.jpg

i could not find a historical exact view, perhaps those that know the net search engines better can find one, but this is mine:

http://www.learncalifornia.org/GoDocUserFiles/2824.san-luis-obispo.jpg

i do not know the year.

let's make this a history thread...if not about your town, any town, any country, anywhere.

manu1959
01-06-2009, 10:56 PM
my brother was a history major......became ahollywood literary agent....retired at 42....lives in bel aire.....

loved hanging out at the pubs along the creek opposite the mission......

my home town was a pony express stop on the way from sf to sacramento.....

Yurt
01-06-2009, 11:41 PM
my brother was a history major......became ahollywood literary agent....retired at 42....lives in bel aire.....

loved hanging out at the pubs along the creek opposite the mission......

my home town was a pony express stop on the way from sf to sacramento.....

and he used solely his history degree to get his contacts?

manu1959
01-06-2009, 11:45 PM
and he used solely his history degree to get his contacts?

went to ucla .... started in the mail room of cim.....

Yurt
01-07-2009, 12:08 AM
went to ucla .... started in the mail room of cim.....

awesome

so degrees don't mean anything, it is what you make of your education or life experience....

manu1959
01-07-2009, 12:13 AM
awesome

so degrees don't mean anything, it is what you make of your education or life experience....

it worked for him......he worked for the reagan admin and a few law firms before he started in the mail room....