PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant speech explaining the liberal mind.

Sitarro
03-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Evan Sayet was a writer for "Politically Incorrect". After September 11th 2001 he changed his whole outlook on life, his observations are from the inside of Hollywood and some of the most liberal places on the planet......he has a bunch of the people on this board pegged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c

Psychoblues
03-28-2007, 05:33 AM
You are so easily impressed, zorro.

Evan Sayet was a writer for "Politically Incorrect". After September 11th 2001 he changed his whole outlook on life, his observations are from the inside of Hollywood and some of the most liberal places on the planet......he has a bunch of the people on this board pegged.

He damn sure has you pegged!!!!!!

Sitarro
03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
You are so easily impressed, zorro.
Why do you call me zorro?
I have figured out what the problem you are having with the whole quote thing is and if you are capable of simple direction you might be able to follow along. You do hit the quote button but you start your responding post on top of the quote instead of below, that is where you are going wrong. Bring your little arrow or cursor below the quote and click your mouse. When you see the flashing vertical bar, start typing. It's pretty basic and everyone else gets it except you and that dimwit T-bor on the other board. If you can get it then it will just be him and he is hopeless, come on Psycho, give it a try. Anyone that likes the Allman Brothers can't be all bad. I have always felt that the Fillmore East live album would be one that I would want if stuck on a desert island.

He damn sure has you pegged!!!!!!

Obviously you either didn't watch the speech or it just went right over your head. Why wouldn't that surprise me? It isn't about me at all but I understand what he is saying because I was a mindless liberal too before I took responsibility for my life and grew up.:salute:

gabosaurus
03-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Keep drinking the Bush Kool-Aid. :cheers2:

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 01:00 PM
I would encourage everyone to listen to this. It's long but what he has to say is great and sooooo on the mark.

Hagbard Celine
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM

This guy's a moron. I stopped the video after his imbecilic metaphor comparing the old guy who "hates" his wife and says "I guess she deserves it" to "liberals" who disagree with US policy. What a bunch of cockamamie tripe. Nobody thinks the way this guy alleges people think. People who are against US policy post 9/11 don't hate "America." They hate the crappy administration and the crappy policy. Calling a bad policy "bad policy" doesn't make you un-patriotic, it makes you sane. If you want to find somebody who supposedly hates "America," how about you look in the mirror. Judging by many of the posts I've read on this site I'd say many of you "right-wingers" hate the so-called "libs," your own countrymen, more than you do the Islamic fundamentalists who attacked us. But I guess "they deserve it" right?

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 02:42 PM
This guy's a moron. I stopped the video after his imbecilic metaphor comparing the old guy who "hates" his wife and says "I guess she deserves it" to "liberals" who disagree with US policy. What a bunch of cockamamie tripe. Nobody thinks the way this guy alleges people think. People who are against US policy post 9/11 don't hate "America." They hate the crappy administration and the crappy policy. Calling a bad policy "bad policy" doesn't make you un-patriotic, it makes you sane. If you want to find somebody who supposedly hates "America," how about you look in the mirror. Judging by many of the posts I've read on this site I'd say many of you "right-wingers" hate the so-called "libs," your own countrymen, more than you do the Islamic fundamentalists who attacked us. But I guess "they deserve it" right?

Since you didn't watch the whole video you didn't get the full story, typical liberal. I don't like what I'm seeing so I won't look. You are a classic example of what he's talking about. And everything evolves around your hatred of Bush, even your country takes second place to that. watch the whole thing with an open mind.

Sitarro
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM

The whole point Hagbard is, he was the exact type of person he is now describing, so was I. I was like you when I was in college, I too thought I knew it all, had all the answers, was the best driver, was invincible, a dog when it came to women.......but I actually had no clue.

I would have rejected this film also, I understand, I would be surprised if you were not the way you are(you are like almost everyone else your age). The different type of guy, an original thinker, would have actually watched the film and learned a lot from it, you're not that guy and may never be. Good luck with that.

03-28-2007, 05:57 PM
its a pretty good speech. very thought provoking though, which is probably why those on the left dont like it.

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 05:58 PM
its a pretty good speech. very thought provoking though, which is probably why those on the left dont like it.

Kinda makes those with half a brain take a look at themselves and they don't like what they see.

Nienna
03-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Very good analysis of how "liberals" became so closed-minded. As Sitarro said, his speech especially holds weight, given his personal background and connections. He has a better insight into this way of thinking. Very interesting, if LONG! ;)

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Very good analysis of how "liberals" became so closed-minded. As Sitarro said, his speech especially holds weight, given his personal background and connections. He has a better insight into this way of thinking. Very interesting, if LONG! ;)

He mentioned Tammy Bruce who was also a liberal at one time. They have a lot better insight into the liberal mind then most. Tammy was not just a liberal, she was an activist and writer, she's a lesbian and a femnist. she knows the liberal methods from the inside out. You can check out her site here.

http://www.tammybruce.com/

She also has a talk radio show.

glockmail
03-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Post 6 is a perfect example.

glockmail
03-28-2007, 07:38 PM
This guy's a moron. I stopped the video after his imbecilic metaphor comparing the old guy who "hates" his wife and says "I guess she deserves it" to "liberals" who disagree with US policy. What a bunch of cockamamie tripe. .... Do you deny that there are liberals who have said that we deserved 9/11?

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Do you deny that there are liberals who have said that we deserved 9/11?

I wouldn't doubt someone somewhere has said this, however the bottom line is that this is a radical opinion and one that is held by probably less than one percent of the population. This guy made no distinction. He said "liberals." So if you're going to divide the country into two camps, red and blue, "libs" and "cons," which is exactly the polarized view I imagine many of you so-called "cons" hold, and taking into account the results of the last presidential election, which came out 51 percent "red" to 49 percent "blue," then you're stereotyping just under half of the US population--the ones you call "libs"--and putting ridiculous, radical words into their mouths. I think its insane. The idea that the "libs" in the country, give or take 49 percent of the voting population, hold the view that we deserved 9/11 is preposterous. You guys have convinced yourselves that there is some vast, liberal conspiracy and that liberal-minded people are actually some kind of green-skinned aliens since they don't share your repressive, conservative religious views and that because of this they CAN ONLY be plotting the downfall and overthrow of the US way of life. Has it ever dawned on you that maybe libs actually care about the society they live in and want to change it for the better? Rather than being paranoid and vitriolic with your speech and opinions, wouldn't it be more productive and advantageous to consider their opinions along with your own so that some kind of consensus could be reached? I know that some "libs" are just as unwilling to cooperate as some of you are, but since you claim to hold the "spiritual" or "moral" highground, wouldn't it be prudent to remember the words of your so-called savior and not "cast the first stone" and instead be the bigger men (and women)? Just a thought.

It's not going to happen if you keep feeding your demons with the views of sour, negative personalities like this guy, BOR, Limbaugh and the like.

Hobbit
03-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Hagberd, you obviously missed the part of the speech where he makes a huge distinction between Liberals and liberals. Liberals are the ones who hate America. liberals want a better world, but get misguided towards and utopia that will never come by Liberals.

glockmail
03-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't doubt someone somewhere has said this, however the bottom line is that this is a radical opinion and one that is held by probably less than one percent of the population. This guy made no distinction. He said "liberals." ..... Actually he defined liberals vs. Liberals (capital L). You are probably a lower case liberal.

You really ought to watch the entire speech before being so judgemental. ;)

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Actually he defined liberals vs. Liberals (capital L). You are probably a lower case liberal.

You really ought to watch the entire speech before being so judgemental. ;)

Right. I don't have to watch the video to guess that when he so righteously pointed-out this distinction he made sure to note that while lower case libs mean well, they're still all wrong in his humble opinion because they don't really understand anything that happens in the world the way that conservatives do. They're blinded by their idealism right? Conservatives have a monopoly on reality right? :rolleyes:

03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Right. I don't have to watch the video to guess that when he so righteously pointed-out this distinction he made sure to note that while lower case libs mean well, they're still all wrong in his humble opinion because they don't really understand anything that happens in the world the way that conservatives do. They're blinded by their idealism right? Conservatives have a monopoly on reality right? :rolleyes:

Well they are wrong. What do you want him to say? "Oh they mean well but i wont say they are wrong despite the fact that they support people bent on destroying us"

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Well they are wrong. What do you want him to say? "Oh they mean well but i wont say they are wrong despite the fact that they support people bent on destroying us"

In your opinion liberal viewpoints are "wrong." Well guess what, opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one, even you. And I've got another puzzler for ya: I'm a liberal and I don't support terrorism. That kinda derails your entire stance doesn't it avi?

glockmail
03-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Right. I don't have to watch the video to guess that when he so righteously pointed-out this distinction he made sure to note that while lower case libs mean well, they're still all wrong in his humble opinion because they don't really understand anything that happens in the world the way that conservatives do. They're blinded by their idealism right? Conservatives have a monopoly on reality right? :rolleyes: At the beginning he explained why he was a Democrat/ liberal, and its pretty clear that most members of both parties are that way: they don't really think about it all that much, in the present context of its meaning. Plus I think they have too much mental energy invested to change their minds.

I have an email buddy who's a liberal, and he just cannot see where the Party has gone to. Look at the present leaders: Pelosi, Reid, Soros, Moore, Streisand, and copare them to leaders 40 years ago. It's not the same Party but people are too busy in their lives to see the ugly reality.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 12:59 PM
At the beginning he explained why he was a Democrat/ liberal, and its pretty clear that most members of both parties are that way: they don't really think about it all that much, in the present context of its meaning. Plus I think they have too much mental energy invested to change their minds.

I have an email buddy who's a liberal, and he just cannot see where the Party has gone to. Look at the present leaders: Pelosi, Reid, Soros, Moore, Streisand, and copare them to leaders 40 years ago. It's not the same Party but people are too busy in their lives to see the ugly reality.

Well, neither is the Republican party. The "neo-con" mega-church war hawks we have today are a far cry from the fiscally-conscious Reaganites of the 80s.

glockmail
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Well, neither is the Republican party. The "neo-con" mega-church war hawks we have today are a far cry from the fiscally-conscious Reaganites of the 80s. Although I don't agree with all the spending, I do support the war and the tax cuts. I also like what they've done with Health Savings Plans, and encouraging high deductible insurance. In contrast there is nothing that the Democrat party can offer me.