PDA

View Full Version : Any validity to this

Psychoblues
03-28-2007, 09:17 AM
If so..maybe we shoudl start a DP.com collection. I know I have MANY toys I can give away!

Any old stuffed animals/toys you're willing to donate to the troops?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-290879726@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-03-08, 11:19PM EST

Up to 75% of the time, some reports show, an Iraqi child will tell a soldier the location of an IED for as little as a toy and a candy bar. IEDs are one of the top threats to our troops in Iraq, often more dangerous than the insurgents themselves. A dear friend of mine is stationed near Baghdad and recently asked me to try to collect old stuffed animals and toys to send to her unit for distribution among the local children. If you have any old toys or stuffed animals you no longer need or want, please contact me and we can figure out a convenient pick-up.

Thank you,
Kim

krisy
03-28-2007, 09:43 AM
While at my daughters school this morning,I remembered this post and asked the secretary and her assistant about this. The assistants son is in Iraq now,and the secretary's son and daughter in law were there for a year....their home now. They both said that even the children cannot be trusted there. It's sad,yes,but they say sometimes the soldiers may give them a candy or a present and the child would still purposely lead the soldier to an area would they could get hurt. They do what they need to do to survive,they go whichever way the wind blows....even the kids.

If anyone would think this would really be useful,I could get some things together. I just wanted to say what I had been told this morning bythe moms of soldiers that are there.

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes Krisy that would be interesting to hear about.

Psychoblues
03-30-2007, 05:01 AM
krisy, WAR is horrible. The profitteers abound in every direction. Nothing and nobody is to be trusted for even a moment. Your actions explain themselves. I advocate the program as ja suggests. We cannot take credit for the exploitations of those that abuse otherwise good intentions. But, that is what thieves count on, don't you think?

While at my daughters school this morning,I remembered this post and asked the secretary and her assistant about this. The assistants son is in Iraq now,and the secretary's son and daughter in law were there for a year....their home now. They both said that even the children cannot be trusted there. It's sad,yes,but they say sometimes the soldiers may give them a candy or a present and the child would still purposely lead the soldier to an area would they could get hurt. They do what they need to do to survive,they go whichever way the wind blows....even the kids.

If anyone would think this would really be useful,I could get some things together. I just wanted to say what I had been told this morning bythe moms of soldiers that are there.

Get it on or get out. There is no other choice.

Psychoblues
03-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Jim,

For God's Sake, please put the other thread or this one into the Steel Cage or delete them altogether. Either these folks don't want to participate or they would rather piss and moan and cry because we don't have enough cheese to go with their wine.

I have a copy of the original ja post in my files. I will repost it as is indicated. It was one of the most genuine and heartfelt posts as I have seen on this board.

Psychoblues
04-01-2007, 06:42 PM
As I thought, this tread remains dormant as the other thrives. Neocons are not interested in genuine compassion and even efforts to reduce the suffering of the troops they so adamantly intend to send into combat in lieu of themselves.

Jim,

For God's Sake, please put the other thread or this one into the Steel Cage or delete them altogether. Either these folks don't want to participate or they would rather piss and moan and cry because we don't have enough cheese to go with their wine.

I have a copy of the original ja post in my files. I will repost it as is indicated. It was one of the most genuine and heartfelt posts as I have seen on this board.

Sorry 'bout that. The liberals have certainly owned this particular argument.