PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi has highest teen birth rate, CDC says

LiberalNation
01-07-2009, 04:15 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090107/ap_on_he_me/med_teen_births;_ylt=ApB6J5vaBqcxZMWTxYquVqFvzwcF

ATLANTA – Mississippi now has the nation's highest teen birth rate, displacing Texas and New Mexico for that lamentable title, a new federal report says. Mississippi's rate was more than 60 percent higher than the national average in 2006, according to new state statistics released Wednesday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The teen birth rate for that year in Texas and New Mexico was more than 50 percent higher.

The three states have large proportions of black and Hispanic teenagers — groups that traditionally have higher birth rates, experts noted.

The lowest teen birth rates continue to be in New England, where three states have rates at roughly half the national average, which is 42 births per 1,000 teen women.

It's not clear why Mississippi, with 68 births per 1,000, surged into first place. The state's one-year increase of nearly 1,000 teen births could be a statistical blip, said Ron Cossman, a Mississippi State University researcher who focuses on children's health statistics.

The New Mexico rate was 64 per 1,000; Texas was 63. New Hampshire, with a rate of 19 per 1,000, was the nation's lowest.

More than a year ago, a preliminary report on the 2006 data revealed that the U.S. teen birth rate had risen for the first time in about 15 years. But the new numbers provide the first state-by-state breakdown.

The new report is based on a review of all the birth certificates in 2006. Significant increases in teen birth rates were noted in 26 states.

"It's pretty much across the board" nationally, said Brady Hamilton, a CDC statistician who worked on the report.

About 435,000 of the nation's 4.3 million births in 2006 were to mothers ages 15 through 19. That was about 21,000 more teen births than in 2005.

darin
01-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I've driven thru Mississippi...Lemme tell ya...there isn't much ELSE to do.

I wonder what state has the highest teen ABORTION rate? That'd be the real story on which state has kids doin' it the most.

Abbey Marie
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I've driven thru Mississippi...Lemme tell ya...there isn't much ELSE to do.

I wonder what state has the highest teen ABORTION rate? That'd be the real story on which state has kids doin' it the most.

EXCELLENT question, D. :clap:

manu1959
01-07-2009, 04:29 PM
oopssss......california wins......ny is second....

http://www.abortiontv.com/Misc/AbortionStatistics.htm#United%20States*******

01-07-2009, 04:30 PM
It's not clear why Mississippi, with 68 births per 1,000, surged into first place.

They had a lot of sex?

LiberalNation
01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
and sex without protection. With an anti-abortion culture to boot.

darin
01-07-2009, 04:46 PM
The lack of protection (you are guessing there) and the anit-abortion culture do NOT lead to teen pregnancy. Teens having sex is the sole cause of teen pregnancy. Teen BIRTHs dont bother me nearly as much as the fact of the kids ruining themselves - in many cases - by going thru the mind-fuck (no pun intended) of bonding themselves with, again, often, MANY partners before they can even REASONABLY have the maturity to handle it. Heck, most adults I know can't handle what happens inside them - in their souls/hearts/minds after bonding with many different folk. I've probably had sex with two dozen women over the course of my life...it's negatively affected me in many ways psychologically or emotionally. I think if somebody tells you having sex with many partners does NOT make them at least measurably 'less than', they are lying or willingly ignorant.

LiberalNation
01-07-2009, 04:59 PM
they do lead to teen pregnancy because sex alone with those two things wont.

Mr. P
01-07-2009, 05:26 PM

Huh?

Yurt
01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
The lack of protection (you are guessing there) and the anit-abortion culture do NOT lead to teen pregnancy. Teens having sex is the sole cause of teen pregnancy. Teen BIRTHs dont bother me nearly as much as the fact of the kids ruining themselves - in many cases - by going thru the mind-fuck (no pun intended) of bonding themselves with, again, often, MANY partners before they can even REASONABLY have the maturity to handle it. Heck, most adults I know can't handle what happens inside them - in their souls/hearts/minds after bonding with many different folk. I've probably had sex with two dozen women over the course of my life...it's negatively affected me in many ways psychologically or emotionally. I think if somebody tells you having sex with many partners does NOT make them at least measurably 'less than', they are lying or willingly ignorant.

solomon had many wives

LiberalNation
01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Huh?

do not, he said it would.

manu1959
01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
it is all very simple .... before you choose to take your clothes off .....

if you don't want to have an abortion, don't have sex ....

if you don't want to have a baby, don't have sex ....

if you don't want to have to choose between a baby and an abortion, don't have sex.....

Mr. P
01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
do not, he said it would.

Yer not being clear..what are you trying to say?

namvet
01-07-2009, 06:10 PM
there goes our tax's

01-07-2009, 06:14 PM

I dont see how abortion can eliminate teen pregnancy. No teen could have an abortion until after they were pregnant to begin with.

Yurt
01-07-2009, 06:31 PM
it is all very simple .... before you choose to take your clothes off .....

if you don't want to have an abortion, don't have sex ....

if you don't want to have a baby, don't have sex ....

if you don't want to have to choose between a baby and an abortion, don't have sex.....

no, no, if the girl wears a swimming suit on tuesday in the neighbors swimming pool, nothing counts

manu1959
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
no, no, if the girl wears a swimming suit on tuesday in the neighbors swimming pool, nothing counts

that is your story and you are sticking to it..........

PostmodernProphet
01-07-2009, 07:03 PM

actually, from what I understand, sex alone never leads to pregnancy......

namvet
01-07-2009, 07:09 PM
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/spillsload.jpg

Hobbit
01-07-2009, 07:36 PM
The reason they're using the birth rate as their measure of sexual health is because they don't consider abortion to be a negative outcome. To so many people, the only differences between abortion and the pill are convenience and price.

LiberalNation
01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I dont see how abortion can eliminate teen pregnancy. No teen could have an abortion until after they were pregnant to begin with.

teen birth, the article was on teen birth rates, my double mis-speak.

Trigg
01-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Gee makes you wonder what happened to all those family values the amnesty people were always talking about.

namvet
01-07-2009, 09:59 PM
speaking of family values where are the parents here. or are there any????

darin
01-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I was raised by fairly attentive and available parents. I still had sex as a teen. Teens aren't just property of parents. Teens are people. Teens are like Adult Libs. They act apart from reason, responsibility, and wisdom.

Mr. P
01-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I was raised by fairly attentive and available parents. I still had sex as a teen. Teens aren't just property of parents. Teens are people. Teens are like Adult Libs. They act apart from reason, responsibility, and wisdom.

A perfect description of the reality that a teenager is. :thumb:

namvet
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM

its youth's job to experiment - you cannot avoid it

Binky
01-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Hmmm...interesting. I wonder which state has the highest percentage of teens with sexual deseases?!?

Hobbit
01-08-2009, 01:56 PM

I didn't experiment. I made it through high school and now I've made it through most of college without ever getting drunk, high, or sexed up.

PostmodernProphet
01-08-2009, 02:57 PM

some things should NOT be stuck in the test tube......

namvet
01-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I didn't experiment. I made it through high school and now I've made it through most of college without ever getting drunk, high, or sexed up.

wow !!! you missed the best years. I started out at age 12 !!!!!:laugh2:

namvet
01-08-2009, 03:20 PM
some things should NOT be stuck in the test tube......

last tube i saw was in a radio............:laugh2:

LiberalNation
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
yes dear but you're quite the geek.

So am I apparently cuz haven't either. Tho i am completly open and desire any good looking girl who will have me, just haven't gone out of my way to put myself out there.

Hobbit
01-08-2009, 05:22 PM
yes dear but you're quite the geek.

So am I apparently cuz haven't either. Tho i am completly open and desire any good looking girl who will have me, just haven't gone out of my way to put myself out there.

I've had offers, but there are just WAAAAAAY too many reasons to hold off until marriage.

LiberalNation
01-08-2009, 07:38 PM
like? bet the girl you get wont have........

Noir
01-08-2009, 08:13 PM

Good show sir, I am doing likewise but still have a few years to go.

The thing I don't get is that my mates think I'm weird, yet they are the ones who never have any money, can't remember their weekends, are forever making themselves hung-over and have to worry about STI/D's and their girlfriend getting preggers...and I'm the weirdo?

01-08-2009, 09:58 PM

The thing I don't get is that my mates think I'm weird, yet they are the ones who never have any money, can't remember their weekends, are forever making themselves hung-over and have to worry about STI/D's and their girlfriend getting preggers...and I'm the weirdo?

You are weird. to them atleast. but there is nothing wrong with that. I like being weird:)

01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
like? bet the girl you get wont have........

self respect, true love, faith, safety, generations to come. lots of reasons.

namvet
01-08-2009, 10:15 PM
why don't you guys date around. pick up a couple a whores, some cheap wine, throw em both in the back seat and head for boonies???? oops forgot the condo's. ah condom's. crap. Aids did put the wiennie to recreational sex. ah those were the days.........
did i tell about this wierd chick i picked up in a bar one nite????? :lol::lol::laugh2::laugh2:

Hobbit
01-09-2009, 02:26 AM

There was an experiment done once. Chimps were put in a cage. In the middle of the cage was a rope. At the top of the rope were some bananas. Whenever a chimp tried to climb the rope, the testers would blast it with a fire hose. Eventually, the chimps got the idea and stopped trying. Then, they introduced new chimps to the cage. Whenever one would try to climb the rope, the others would all pull it down. Through slow replacement, they eventually had a cage full of chimps that had never seen the fire hose. They still pulled down any chimp that climbed the rope. The point is that our friends have been taught for so long that sex, drunkenness, and spending more than they make is normal and good, that they don't even know why anybody ever thought that was a good idea in the first place. That means normal, according to them, is poisoned, pregnant (or with a pregnant girlfriend), and broke. If poisoned, pregnant, and drunk is normal, I think I'm happy being weird.

In short, you are weird, but normal isn't anything you want to be.

LiberalNation
01-09-2009, 02:31 AM
I am weird and wouldn't be normal if I did get laid so........

01-09-2009, 02:48 AM
why don't you guys date around. pick up a couple a whores, some cheap wine, throw em both in the back seat and head for boonies???? oops forgot the condo's. ah condom's. crap. Aids did put the wiennie to recreational sex. ah those were the days.........
did i tell about this wierd chick i picked up in a bar one nite????? :lol::lol::laugh2::laugh2:

To be perfectly blunt, so I dont become an elderly man whose greatest memory of life is picking up some weird chick in a bar one night when I was young.

namvet
01-09-2009, 09:16 AM
To be perfectly blunt, so I dont become an elderly man whose greatest memory of life is picking up some weird chick in a bar one night when I was young.

use it or lose it. its a fact nothing last forever. I would prefer to look back and say i had one hellava of a good ride than sad because I let the best years slip away. I lost count a how many people M and F told me that!!!! have fun or you'll grow old and bitter.
you'll excuse if I chortle about 1 woman. :coffee::laugh2::lol:

01-09-2009, 12:25 PM
use it or lose it. its a fact nothing last forever. I would prefer to look back and say i had one hellava of a good ride than sad because I let the best years slip away. I lost count a how many people M and F told me that!!!! have fun or you'll grow old and bitter.
you'll excuse if I chortle about 1 woman. :coffee::laugh2::lol:

hasnt stopped you from getting bitter.

namvet
01-09-2009, 12:36 PM
hasnt stopped you from getting bitter.

wrong. dead wrong. you know nothing about me. my personal life, like all members remains offline.................:poke: