PDA

View Full Version : could you be friends with a muslim

actsnoblemartin
01-07-2009, 07:53 PM
absolutely not. Recently, 2 of my 3 muslim friends, and these are two of the nicest muslims youll ever find, showed their true colors.

I dont trust them, and i dont believe in moderate islam

my faith in them is destroyed

April15
01-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I am married into a family by my stepson. If they won't come into your house because you have pork then you know they are wacko.

actsnoblemartin
01-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I am married into a family by my stepson. If they won't come into your house because you have pork then you know they are wacko.

thank you.

I am just appalled at my two best friends lack of common sense.

Im not asking them to wave an israeli flag, but for pete sake, hamas gets a free pass with them.

and they were before then, two sweet guys

im hurt, and disallutioned

Noir
01-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Qnybody can be a bad person (or an idiot for that matter) martain, it doesn't matter If they worship Allah, God or their toaster, to say you don't trust Muslims because of the actions of 2 isn't a great line to take.

As fir the question, yes I can and am, they're just normal folk, and if I ever fell out with them I would not damn a billion people for the actions of one.

actsnoblemartin
01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I appreciate your feedback. It is possible, im going a bit too far.

im just sad, that every muslim ive ever met (5) is anti-israel

:(-

Qnybody can be a bad person martain, it doesn't matter If they worship Allah, Goe or their toaster, to say you don't trust Muslims becuaees of the actions of 2 isn't a great line to take.

As fir the question, yes I can and am, they're just normal folk, and it I her fell out with them I would not damn a billion people for the actions of one.

DragonStryk72
01-08-2009, 02:15 AM
I appreciate your feedback. It is possible, im going a bit too far.

im just sad, that every muslim ive ever met (5) is anti-israel

:(-

I don't think it's so much anti-Israel, as pro-Muslim, Martin. While I tend to side with Israel, I'm not doing it without the understanding that it takes two sides to have a war. What you may see as a "free ride" for Hamas, to them, may be getting seen from a wholly different perspective by them.

Hobbit
01-08-2009, 04:17 AM
I've had multiple Muslim friends, and the majority of them have converted to Christianity, in part because of my example. The ones who didn't, well, they still respect me far more than they thought they could respect any non-Muslim before learning what the West was really like.

moon
01-08-2009, 04:41 AM
Axenoblemartin's incredible racist slavering for 2009.
I look forward to your 'Could you touch a jew' ? poll , along with ' Would you let a negro butt-fuck you ' .

dan
01-08-2009, 10:01 AM
A lot of Muslims are very strong in their convictions regarding their religion, and especially regarding the religious wars in the middle east. But, while I'm certainly not condoning anybody taking violent action over religion (seems very counterproductive to me), it's understandable why they would be upset.

I mean, I don't condone Pearl Harbor, but I could certainly understand a Japanese person being unreasonably angry a few days after Hiroshima.

crin63
01-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I guess it depends on your definition of being a friend.

If you are talking about just hanging with them for grins and giggles, no.

If you are talking about being a friend indeed and trying to lead them out of their satan worshiping religion, then yes.

Abbey Marie
01-08-2009, 11:36 AM
If I spend time with someone besides my husband and daughter, they need to be pretty special to me. Otherwise, I'd just as soon spend the time with my family.

Culture and race are irrelevant, as long as on a fundamental level, we have similar values. I have lunches and dinner with Dem girlfriends all the time, for example. Their politics are misguided, but they are good people.
But if they were to believe that partial-birth abortion was ok, or that suicide bombing is ok, or that women need to have their head and bodies covered in public, we wouldn't be "friends". If they were part of a group that persecuted Christians, as so many Muslims do, they would not be a friends. Etc., etc.

darin
01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I think the Bible has very good examples teaching us about those with whom we associate. The most-striking, IMO, is the story of Jonah. Jonah was running from God's commands, and hopped a boat in an attempt to flee. The other innocent people on board were tossed violently by a storm because of their shipmate. Eventually, to save themsevles they tossed-over the person responsible.

Know who is in your boat, as you sail through life.

I've eaten at the home of muslims. I've eaten at the homes of homos. I've broken bread with Libs. I judge character on a case-by-case basis. When people don't measure up to MY standards, I welcome them politely, and engage them appropriately, but I keep a different circle of trusted friends.

moon
01-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I've eaten at the home of muslims. I've eaten at the homes of homos. I've broken bread with Libs.

Puts on the pounds, don't it, all this good-will spreading.

hjmick
01-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes I could.

I could be friends with Catholics, Baptists, Episcopalians, Atheists, Jews, Protestants, Satanists, Blacks, Mexicans, Guatemalans, Ethiopans, and Gays. I could be friends with anyone who offers me mutual respect and respects others.

Immanuel
01-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes I could.

I could be friends with Catholics, Baptists, Episcopalians, Atheists, Jews, Protestants, Satanists, Blacks, Mexicans, Guatemalans, Ethiopans, and Gays. I could be friends with anyone who offers me mutual respect and respects others.

Well said.

Whether or not the person is a muslim should not matter at all. The only thing that matters is how the two "friends" treat each other.

As for having muslim friends, I have always been interested in other faiths and relish any opportunity to learn about someone else's faith on a personal level.

Immie

KSigMason
01-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I hope I can be since my roommate is one and in the Kappa Sigma fraternity he is my little bro.

moon
01-09-2009, 05:29 AM
I hope I can be since my roommate is one and in the Kappa Sigma fraternity he is my little bro.

Boy ! No New Klan admission for you, mason. There are guys on here that want your room-mate dead.