PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann Trashes Coulter for 'Banned for Life' Story -- But His Show Bans All Conser

red states rule
01-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Another example of liberal hypocrisy. Keith the liberal moonbat hack ranting about bias when his show seldom has anyone who is conservative

It was utterly unsurprising to see Keith Olbermann trashing Ann Coulter on Tuesday for the Drudge Report’s "phony martyrdom story" that she was "banned for life" from NBC. But Olbermann seems so devoid of introspection that he didn’t consider the obvious: every conservative has been effectively "banned for life" from his hermetically sealed show for years. For as much as this lecturing Murrow wannabe boils over with contempt for Bill O’Reilly, his Fox foe offers liberals air time for a counterpoint, while Keith’s set has a broad range of opinions – from Obama-loving to Obama-stalking. See Keith unload:

Number one: best childish, desperate, self-hating whiner, Ann Coulter. never has anybody who respected a news organization less wanted, needed, begged for the attention of that news organization more. After in her latest republishing of her one idea with another new title, portraying NBC as a purveyor of lies which has been, quote, "caught promoting a fraud," she not only pleaded to appear on evil NBC first, before Fox, before Fox News, before right wing radio. She not only pleaded to launch the book`s publicity tour on NBC, but she proved so emotionally fragile that when that NBC appearance was canceled, she concocted a phony martyrdom story that she had, quote, "been banned for life from NBC."

The Coulter-ban rumors aren’t that interesting if NBC had never allowed her on before, like many conservatives. NBC has a right as a private organization to choose its guests, or keep a banned-for-life list. It’s interesting because she’s been a prominent repeat guest on Today, and allegedly open-minded liberals of an Olbermannesque bent starting organizing a pressure campaign to get her banned.

A media critic can easily suspect that Drudge’s story was a set of anonymous quotes from top NBC officials, and therefore suspect. But notice how NBC waffled around giving any real detail to their internal discussions. Besides, by this logic, most Bob Woodward books should never get the dramatic promotion they get on the Today show, as much as they’re loaded with quotes from anonymous top officials. Back to Keith’s lecture, where it left off:

Incredibly, even as she was spreading that lie, Ms. Coulter was also behind the scenes supplicating herself, crying, bleating, screeching, begging, even, old, unreliable, non-journalistic, untrustworthy, immoral, hypocritical NBC to please, please, please let her come on to promote her book, which is, in part, about why how evil, unreliable, non-journalistic, untrustworthy, immoral and hypocritical NBC is.

The question, of course, is what kind of ethics, what kind of standards, what kind of self-respect would somebody have to have to go to such lengths to appear on a network that one considers the embodiment of falsehood and deception? The answer, you`d have to no have no ethics and no standards and no self-respect. For if you think that NBC is full of virtual pimps of dishonesty, if you`re going on NBC, Ann, what does that mean you think you are?

This is a lame argument. For example, I think PBS is a taxpayer-funded left-wing sandbox. But if a PBS show invited me for an interview, I don't think accepting it would ruin me by association, as Olbermann seems to suggest.

Keith is clearly suggesting that he would never appear on his nominee for a channel with no standards, Fox News, since it's full of those "pimps of dishonesty." Don't forget he was willing to take big paychecks from Rupert Murdoch to be a failed Fox Sports anchor for a while.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/01/07/lame-olbermann-trashes-coulter-banned-life-story-his-show-bans-all-conse

Little-Acorn
01-08-2009, 01:59 PM
every conservative has been effectively "banned for life" from his hermetically sealed show for years.

Have conservatives been banned from whatever show Olbermann has? Or do they just decline his invitations, not wanting to bother showing up for a show that has zero audience?

If a conservative appeared on Olbermann's show, would anyone notice?

red states rule
01-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Have conservatives been banned from whatever show Olbermann has? Or do they just decline his invitations, not wanting to bother showing up for a show that has zero audience?

I do not think Keith has any conservatives on by his choice. Even so, given his ratings (they are near the bottom of the chart) you are correct that few people would notice

bullypulpit
01-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Another example of liberal hypocrisy. Keith the liberal moonbat hack ranting about bias when his show seldom has anyone who is conservative

It was utterly unsurprising to see Keith Olbermann trashing Ann Coulter on Tuesday for the Drudge Report’s "phony martyrdom story" that she was "banned for life" from NBC. But Olbermann seems so devoid of introspection that he didn’t consider the obvious: every conservative has been effectively "banned for life" from his hermetically sealed show for years. For as much as this lecturing Murrow wannabe boils over with contempt for Bill O’Reilly, his Fox foe offers liberals air time for a counterpoint, while Keith’s set has a broad range of opinions – from Obama-loving to Obama-stalking. See Keith unload:

Number one: best childish, desperate, self-hating whiner, Ann Coulter. never has anybody who respected a news organization less wanted, needed, begged for the attention of that news organization more. After in her latest republishing of her one idea with another new title, portraying NBC as a purveyor of lies which has been, quote, "caught promoting a fraud," she not only pleaded to appear on evil NBC first, before Fox, before Fox News, before right wing radio. She not only pleaded to launch the book`s publicity tour on NBC, but she proved so emotionally fragile that when that NBC appearance was canceled, she concocted a phony martyrdom story that she had, quote, "been banned for life from NBC."

The Coulter-ban rumors aren’t that interesting if NBC had never allowed her on before, like many conservatives. NBC has a right as a private organization to choose its guests, or keep a banned-for-life list. It’s interesting because she’s been a prominent repeat guest on Today, and allegedly open-minded liberals of an Olbermannesque bent starting organizing a pressure campaign to get her banned.

A media critic can easily suspect that Drudge’s story was a set of anonymous quotes from top NBC officials, and therefore suspect. But notice how NBC waffled around giving any real detail to their internal discussions. Besides, by this logic, most Bob Woodward books should never get the dramatic promotion they get on the Today show, as much as they’re loaded with quotes from anonymous top officials. Back to Keith’s lecture, where it left off:

Incredibly, even as she was spreading that lie, Ms. Coulter was also behind the scenes supplicating herself, crying, bleating, screeching, begging, even, old, unreliable, non-journalistic, untrustworthy, immoral, hypocritical NBC to please, please, please let her come on to promote her book, which is, in part, about why how evil, unreliable, non-journalistic, untrustworthy, immoral and hypocritical NBC is.

The question, of course, is what kind of ethics, what kind of standards, what kind of self-respect would somebody have to have to go to such lengths to appear on a network that one considers the embodiment of falsehood and deception? The answer, you`d have to no have no ethics and no standards and no self-respect. For if you think that NBC is full of virtual pimps of dishonesty, if you`re going on NBC, Ann, what does that mean you think you are?

This is a lame argument. For example, I think PBS is a taxpayer-funded left-wing sandbox. But if a PBS show invited me for an interview, I don't think accepting it would ruin me by association, as Olbermann seems to suggest.

Keith is clearly suggesting that he would never appear on his nominee for a channel with no standards, Fox News, since it's full of those "pimps of dishonesty." Don't forget he was willing to take big paychecks from Rupert Murdoch to be a failed Fox Sports anchor for a while.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/01/07/lame-olbermann-trashes-coulter-banned-life-story-his-show-bans-all-conse

Doncha find it odd that Tim Graham failed to present ANY evidence to support his assertion? Of course you don't. Pat Buchanan is a frequent guest, as is former White House counsel John Dean...both are conservative, but are apparently the wrong kind of conservative, as they have more in common with Bill Buckley and Barry Goldwater than Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

Perhaps most conservatives don't want to appear on "Countdown" for fear have having their moral and intellectual bankruptcy revealed.

Oh, and the "NewsBusters" piece...It was an op-ed, not a news story. But in right-wing world, there's really no difference.

stephanie
01-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Keith Olberblown is the biggest hater to walk this earth, and that Psmbc lets him sit there and spit all over the cameras with his trash, show what kind of station they are..

only about 50 people, split up from the dailykos, the DuDump, and Zsa Zsa Huffertons sites, listen to the big headed dummy..

namvet
01-09-2009, 01:45 PM

why would a human want to sit with a demonic robot like that???? pass. I don't think they invite conservs. they'll have to listen to the truth. that's embarassing for them. not allowed
:coffee:

namvet
01-09-2009, 01:53 PM
archive
Olbermann: Threatening letter no joke. a power substance in a letter in his mail box. panic call 9-11 !!!!

"An NYPD HazMat unit rushed to..." then the paper helpfully reveals the location of the event, "but preliminary tests indicated the substance was harmless soap powder. However, that wasn't enough to satisfy Olbermann, who insisted on a checkup."

link (link)

he knows................

Little-Acorn
01-09-2009, 02:01 PM
why would a human want to sit with a demonic robot like that????

My point exactly. There could be more than one reason why you don't see conservatives on his show.

1.) You never watch his show
2.) He never invites conservatives
3.) He invites them but they say "No, thanks"

manu1959
01-09-2009, 02:42 PM
does obamaman even have guests......doesn't he just sit there and agree with himself for an hour.....

stephanie
01-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I think he might occasionally have guest on, but it's someone who is as hateful and dumb as he is, so they can stroke his ego, or something else:eek:

he wouldn't have Coulter on, she would probably KICK his ass, and he's too big of a wuss..

any real conservative woman could kick that little chickenshits ass..

namvet
01-09-2009, 02:53 PM
http://nadshot.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/kick-gif.gif

April15
01-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Kieth has a fine show. And you must remember it is a show. He has guests and makes no bones about his disgust for Bush and his apologist followers. I find it refreshing after listening to people like Coulter or Oliely.

red states rule
01-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Kieth has a fine show. And you must remember it is a show. He has guests and makes no bones about his disgust for Bush and his apologist followers. I find it refreshing after listening to people like Coulter or Oliely.

and his ratings - or lack thereof - reflect on the content

April15
01-09-2009, 06:59 PM
and his ratings - or lack thereof - reflect on the contentAs you may know not all people can be mensa. I prefer the Olberman voice and sensibilities to what is or may be popular with the unintelligent.

red states rule
01-09-2009, 07:02 PM
As you may know not all people can be mensa. I prefer the Olberman voice and sensibilities to what is or may be popular with the unintelligent.

I wish Keith only the best. I hope his audience grows so he can earn a raise

He needs it to pay his back taxes. I wonder if he ever paid them? He is demanding WE pay more in taxes after all - so it would be nice if he would pay his

TAXING TIMES FOR OLBERMANN

June 2, 2008 -- PROFESSIONAL angry person Keith Olbermann favors tax-and-spend liberals, but he didn't pay his own taxes. OlbermannWatch.com reports that New York state has issued a tax warrant or judgment against the MSNBC host for $2,269.50 in back taxes owed by his personal corporation, Olbermann Broadcasting Empire Inc. Asked about the delinquency the other night by journalist Evan Gahr, the otherwise loquacious Olbermann uttered nary a word as he scurried into Trump Palace, where he bought condo apartment 40B last year, according to public records. "This was a bookkeeping disagreement between Keith's accountants and the state which was resolved months ago," an MSNBC spokesman told Page Six. Gahr was surprised to see Olbermann on foot. "Is the belt-tightening so severe at NBC that the peacock network can't afford a car to take Olbermann home?" he wondered. "If so, there's a bright side for Olbermann: Nobody can call him a limousine liberal."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06022008/gossip/pagesix/taxing_times_for_olbermann_113577.htm

Classact
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Kieth has a fine show. And you must remember it is a show. He has guests and makes no bones about his disgust for Bush and his apologist followers. I find it refreshing after listening to people like Coulter or Oliely.I don't like the feeling of feeling sorry for liberals so I don't watch his show any longer. He's pathetic and those who watch and find his show great live in a dissapearing universe. I thought the only reason he was still on the air was people accidentally clicking the chanel, his is the lowest rated cable news show isn't it?

namvet
01-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I don't like the feeling of feeling sorry for liberals so I don't watch his show any longer. He's pathetic and those who watch and find his show great live in a dissapearing universe. I thought the only reason he was still on the air was people accidentally clicking the chanel, his is the lowest rated cable news show isn't it?

how about no show. he's an arrogant ass flammer. I deleted MSNBC from my TV program. so now it just skips right over. its a dead zone anyway.

April15
01-09-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't like the feeling of feeling sorry for liberals so I don't watch his show any longer. He's pathetic and those who watch and find his show great live in a dissapearing universe. I thought the only reason he was still on the air was people accidentally clicking the chanel, his is the lowest rated cable news show isn't it?Your first mistake is feeling sorry for liberals as they are far and away over any cantservative. Your second is to believe liberalism is disappearing. He is on because the brightest minds like the drivel he puts out.

red states rule
01-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Your first mistake is feeling sorry for liberals as they are far and away over any cantservative. Your second is to believe liberalism is disappearing. He is on because the brightest minds like the drivel he puts out.

I would think you be pissed off at him. Not paying your taxes is an unforgivable sin with liberals - unless it is your own taxes you are not paying

namvet
01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
http://keitholbermann.org/Gallery/albums/keithpics/20_G.jpeg

look deeeeep into my eyes - now say elect Olbermann, elect Olbermann, elect Olbermann

Name Keith overbite
Age 49 brain 6
Height 6' 3½" (192 cm) yes they stack shit that high
Hair Color Salt and Pepper aaaaaachooo
Date of Birth ask Obama
Birthplace ask Obama
Star Sign pluto
Nationality ask Obama
Occupation see above photo :thumb:

Hobbit
01-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Your first mistake is feeling sorry for liberals as they are far and away over any cantservative. Your second is to believe liberalism is disappearing. He is on because the brightest minds like the drivel he puts out.

Wasn't there a study that said conservatives are happier than liberals?

April15
01-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Wasn't there a study that said conservatives are happier than liberals?You must be one of those who believes everything he reads.

01-10-2009, 05:20 PM
You must be one of those who believes everything he reads.

Nah. Just the accurate stuff. Otherwise he'd be like you.

April15
01-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Nah. Just the accurate stuff. Otherwise he'd be like you.Nice comeback!

red states rule
01-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Wasn't there a study that said conservatives are happier than liberals?

Yes there was

Why Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals
Wednesday, May 07, 2008

By Jeanna Bryner

Individuals with conservative ideologies are happier than liberal-leaners, and new research pinpoints the reason: Conservatives rationalize social and economic inequalities.

Regardless of marital status, income or church attendance, right-wing individuals reported greater life satisfaction and well-being than left-wingers, the new study found.

Conservatives also scored highest on measures of rationalization, which gauge a person's tendency to justify, or explain away, inequalities.

The rationalization measure included statements such as: "It is not really that big a problem if some people have more of a chance in life than others," and "This country would be better off if we worried less about how equal people are."

• Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Natural Science Center.

To justify economic inequalities, a person could support the idea of meritocracy, in which people supposedly move up their economic status in society based on hard work and good performance.

In that way, one's social class attainment, whether upper, middle or lower, would be perceived as totally fair and justified.

If your beliefs don't justify gaps in status, you could be left frustrated and disheartened, according to the researchers, Jaime Napier and John Jost of New York University. They conducted both a U.S.-centric survey and a more internationally focused one to arrive at the findings.

"Our research suggests that inequality takes a greater psychological toll on liberals than on conservatives," the researchers write in the June issue of the journal Psychological Science, "apparently because liberals lack ideological rationalizations that would help them frame inequality in a positive (or at least neutral) light."

The results support and further explain a Pew Research Center survey from 2006, in which 47 percent of conservative Republicans in the U.S. described themselves as "very happy," while only 28 percent of liberal Democrats indicated such cheer.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354424,00.html

red states rule
01-11-2009, 09:52 AM
http://keitholbermann.org/Gallery/albums/keithpics/20_G.jpeg

look deeeeep into my eyes - now say elect Olbermann, elect Olbermann, elect Olbermann

Name Keith overbite
Age 49 brain 6
Height 6' 3½" (192 cm) yes they stack shit that high
Hair Color Salt and Pepper aaaaaachooo
Date of Birth ask Obama
Birthplace ask Obama
Star Sign pluto
Nationality ask Obama
Occupation see above photo :thumb:

Here is an example of Keith's objectivity. Libs wil never allow a chance to take a cheap shot at their competition - even when they are stepping down

On the Same Night NBC Stars Honor Brit Hume, Olbermann Uses Krugman to Trash Him
By Tim Graham (Bio | Archive)
January 11, 2009 - 07:54 ET

At the same time NBC's Brian Williams and Andrea Mitchell were drinking and snacking at a D.C. event hosted by Fox News honoring Brit Hume’s career on Thursday night, Keith Olbermann was busy insulting and demeaning him.

Olbermann couldn’t stand the idea that anyone would claim that the New Deal failed to end the Depression: "Also, did you know everybody now agrees the New Deal failed, everybody. Apparently, Brit Hume held a vote. It was unanimous, FDR sucked, ahead in Worst Persons." Hume came in third in that night's Worst Person in the World contest:

The bronze to Brit Hume of Fox Noise, now in the rewriting history department over there. "Everybody agrees, I think, on both sides of the spectrum now that the New Deal failed. The debate is over why it failed." Sure. Everybody, except the most recent Nobel Prize laureate in economics, Paul Krugman, who just wrote that the New Deal`s long term achievements remain the bedrock of our nation`s economic stability, and except for probably a majority of economists, economic professors. But Brit Hume agrees with Brit Hume. That will show that damn Roosevelt.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/01/11/same-night-nbc-stars-honor-hume-olbermann-uses-krugman-trash-him

and

http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/0109/Pics_from_Brit_Humes_party_last_night.html

April15
01-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Brit Hume WAS a good news man years ago. He prostituted his name for fox to make even more money. That he was awarded anything has to be based on his efforts pre foux.

red states rule
01-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Brit Hume WAS a good news man years ago. He prostituted his name for fox to make even more money. That he was awarded anything has to be based on his efforts pre foux.

He was a conservative at ABC, and like many conservatives who work in the liberal media, was fed up with the liberal bias

So he decided to trade up and improve his career

Smart move on his part

emmett
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Who is Keith Olbermann? Is he a sports celebrity or movie star?

red states rule
01-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Who is Keith Olbermann? Is he a sports celebrity or movie star?

He is a failed sportscaster, and a miserable talk show host at PMSNBC. His show is "Countdown To No Ratings"

April15
01-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Who is Keith Olbermann? Is he a sports celebrity or movie star?He is a wanna be star. He did a show that satirized Bush and most all of the Bush people. It was funny at first but as it was mostly laughing at the truth it lost the funniness quickly. Hope that helps.

red states rule
01-11-2009, 03:50 PM
He is a wanna be star. He did a show that satirized Bush and most all of the Bush people. It was funny at first but as it was mostly laughing at the truth it lost the funniness quickly. Hope that helps.

You must be of the few hundred thousand that actally watch his so called show

April15
01-11-2009, 03:52 PM
You must be of the few hundred thousand that actally watch his so called showShit yeah I watch! Beats the crap outta the so called no spin zone of Olielys.

red states rule
01-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Shit yeah I watch! Beats the crap outta the so called no spin zone of Olielys.

Sorry to break the news to you April

Bill creams Keith by about 2:1

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_thursday_jan_8_105415.asp#more