PDA

View Full Version : fish should be renamed-Sea Kittens

stephanie
01-08-2009, 11:48 AM
:eek:

Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted. Their lack of arms makes it difficult for them to pet back, but they often gently rub against each other as a sign of affection.

People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by.

Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy—stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/about.asp:cuckoo:

Mr. P
01-08-2009, 12:59 PM
:eek:

Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted. Their lack of arms makes it difficult for them to pet back, but they often gently rub against each other as a sign of affection.

People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by.

Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy—stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/about.asp:cuckoo:

Link doesn't work for me, Steph.

stephanie
01-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Link doesn't work for me, Steph.

it was working when I posted it..

here's another link to their page..

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/01/sea_kitten_high.php

hjmick
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
For a second there I thought someone wanted to rename Abe Vigoda.

Oh...and fuck PETA.

stephanie
01-08-2009, 01:10 PM
For a second there I thought someone wanted to rename Abe Vigoda.

Oh...and fuck PETA.

Abe was like a sea-kitten, wasn't he...:coffee:
this is peta pushing their junk on little children, the whole page is cartoonish like..

Mr. P
01-08-2009, 01:41 PM
it was working when I posted it..

here's another link to their page..

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/01/sea_kitten_high.php

Thanks!

Now....

People don't seem to like fish.
BS, I love blackened Red snapper, I don't drop live lobster and dungenious crabs into boiling water because I hate them but because I love them! :thumb:

And this...

The Fish and Wildlife Service's promotion of fishing is a glaring contradiction of its mission. Neurobiologists tell us that fish have nervous systems that comprehend and respond to pain, and that, when it comes to the ability to feel pain, fish are just like dogs, cats, and all other animals. Dr. Donald Broom, a scientific advisor to the British government, explains, "The scientific literature is quite clear. Anatomically, physiologically and biologically, the pain system in fish is virtually the same as in birds and mammals." Scientists have created a detailed map of pain receptors in fish's mouths and all over their bodies.

In light of these facts, I urge you to do the right thing by adhering to the FWS' stated mission to protect fish. Stop your department's promotion of fishing! I urge you to instead advocate nonviolent pastimes, such as bird-watching, canoeing, or hiking.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: These folks are unbelievable, and NUTS!