PDA

View Full Version : Security Council demands immediate ceasefire

moon
01-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Reports of new attacks emerged as 14 out of 15 Security Council members backed a resolution on the crisis.

The resolution called for an "immediate, durable and fully respected ceasefire" leading to the "full withdrawal" of Israeli forces from Gaza.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7819371.stm

America abstained. Cover our shame.

http://www.palestinechronicle.com/uploads/1231446543gaza_children_mass_burial.jpg

Boycott called on Israeli and American goods

Angry protesters decry Gaza war

Worldwide protests against Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip have continued for the 14th day.

Six people were injured and 31 were arrested when 1,000 pro-Palestinian protesters attacked a pro-Israeli demonstration in Oslo, police said on Friday.

During the clashes, considered to be the worst in more than two decades in the Norwegian capital, the anti-Israel protesters threw Molotov cocktails, rocks and eggs, and burned Israeli flags, Johan Fredriksen of the Oslo police said

At least 5,000 people protested outside the US embassy in Malaysia on Friday, and around 300 held a noisy protest outside the National Mosque in Kuala Lumpur to urge Arab countries to cut off oil supplies to the US and boycott Coca-Cola, Colgate and Starbucks.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2009/01/20091910449998475.html

In the face of tyranny, people do what they can.

stephanie
01-09-2009, 08:39 AM
oh goody, the UN passed ANOTHER resolution and makes another DEMAND..:rolleyes:

darin
01-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Fuck the UN. Frankly, I'd hope the UN would pull their collective asses out of their heads and support Israel ENDING the threat against peace in the region...(sigh).

moon
01-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Highly unlikely, as Israel is the threat against peace in the region, has been since 1947 and will continue to be unless Americans are told the truth. American taxes are needed in America, not propping up a fascist regime in the Middle East.

Fuck the UN

Klanspeak.

darin
01-09-2009, 08:58 AM
It's pretty funny you aren't flaming HAMAS for rejecting the UN mandate. Ya know? If the Islamic Fucktards who keep threatening peace would simply stop fighting, Israel wouldn't have to keep killing them.

moon
01-09-2009, 09:09 AM
They won't stop fighting while they are occupied. Neither did George Washington, neither would I.

Your support for occupation is based upon the myth of arab aggression. Hamas say that they weren't consulted in any truce talks, only the Zionist scumsuckers.

PostmodernProphet
01-09-2009, 09:52 AM
They won't stop fighting while they are occupied.

/shrugs.....and they didn't stop fighting when they weren't occupied.....and they didn't stop fighting when they got what they asked for.....and they didn't stop fighting when they weren't being attacked....simple fact is they have no intent to ever stop fighting so long as Jews are alive.....

moon
01-09-2009, 10:53 AM
The Zionist 'withdrawal' from Gaza is a myth. They retained control over all aspects of it. The 'withdrawal' consisted of shifting 8,000-odd squatter's asses from one place in Palestine to another, more cheaply to defend them from the wrath of the rightful inhabitants.
In addition, the Zionists never stopped attacking Gaza after the phoney 'withdrawal' and added the additional burden of attempting to starve the Gazans into submission.

.simple fact is they have no intent to ever stop fighting so long as Jews are alive.....

Zionists, actually. Who should care if a bunch of apartheid-ridden ethnic cleansers get topped ? It would be a shot in the arm for Israeli democracy.

stephanie
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm going to pass a resolution and demand the UN, shut the hell up..:thumb:

moon
01-09-2009, 11:16 AM
You 'submit' resolutions, Stephoney, not 'pass' them. Have you applied for the job of US Representative to the UN ? You seem to be well qualified.

stephanie
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm going to "submit" a resolution and demand that pychoblues and Mfm get out of moonie body, NOW:coffee:

moon
01-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Another moronic contribution. Keep 'em rolling, I'll bat.

manu1959
01-09-2009, 11:59 AM
ahhhhhhhh the un ...the same group that passed 18 un resoltutions to impliment severe consequences and disarm iraq.......which several countries then did....and the cries for illegal war have never dimmed.....yet now when the un asks for a cease fire we should all listen up....make up your mind...

Little-Acorn
01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Reports of new attacks emerged as 14 out of 15 Security Council members backed a resolution on the crisis.

The resolution called for an "immediate, durable and fully respected ceasefire" leading to the "full withdrawal" of Israeli forces from Gaza.

What a hoot. Did I miss their demands for "immediate, durable and fully respected ceasefires" back when Hamas was setting up arms depots and rocket launching sites in their own civilian areas, firing rockets at Israeli villages, and Israeli men, women, and children were dying? Somehow I don't recall hearing of any UN "demands" for ceasefires during that period.

Give me a break. The UN isn't interested in ceasefires when Jews are being indiscriminately slaughtered. They only want ceasefires when the Jews start shooting back. And they only become "demands" for ceasefire, when the Jews start winning.

It's mind-boggling how sick (and how transparent) these people are.

Present company who defends them, not excepted.

5stringJeff
01-10-2009, 08:47 AM
The UN passes a resolution, and everyone involved ignores it. Par for the course, when it comes to the UN. Frankly, I don't know why anyone bothers to listen to them.

namvet
01-10-2009, 02:25 PM
security council. contradiction in terms. and both sides have said shove it.