PDA

View Full Version : Build up for iran

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 07:49 PM
http://www.antimullah.com/

Was doing some reading on this site, which I do regularly. It seems the russians are passing on information concerning US build ups along Irans border with iraq and the fact that there are as many naval groups in the gulf at this time as there were at the invasion of iraq. Interesting.

This guy has a few pentagon contacts and some overseas contacts and is usually right on what he says in his blog. He predicted a few days ago that something big was up for April 5th.

As I have said, the surge thing could very easily be a ploy to get more troops in position along the iranian border. And the russians report a lot of build up and activity along that border. I'm sure they are supplying iran with lots of info.

This hostage situation could be just the catylist to set it all in motion.

LiberalNation
03-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Hope not and we are just doing this to put pressure on Iran. Bush would never get congressional approval for an invasion of Iran. Unless they do something really stupid like kill the british navy people they captured.

03-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Hope not and we are just doing this to put pressure on Iran. Bush would never get congressional approval for an invasion of Iran. Unless they do something really stupid like kill the british navy people they captured.

Yeah... cause kidnapping British soldiers isnt stupid...

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
So they are released. Told ya there wouldn't be a war. No one wants war with Iran.

stephanie
04-04-2007, 05:04 PM
So they are released. Told ya there wouldn't be a war. No one wants war with Iran.

Of course...no one WANTS A WAR WITH IRAN..

But..You might get your head out of the sand, because Iran is pushing things, and anything is possible...

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
iran wants a war with us. It's part of their goal in establishing a caliphate in the region. It's a matter of do we go after them before or after they get nukes. And just because the Brits were released doesn't mean tensions are not still high.

04-04-2007, 05:14 PM

And Iran is playing the media like a fiddle... Hopefully you are atleast smart enough to see through what he is doing.

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Oh I do and it is kinda shamefull the way this has played out. Him giving them back as an Easter gift to show the mercy of Allah and all that. Glad they were brit soldiers saying exactly what the Iranians wanted and kissing up to them and not Americans.

Iran has come off looking good in all this to the ME and Britian has lost face.

04-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh I do and it is kinda shamefull the way this has played out. Him giving them back as an Easter gift to show the mercy of Allah and all that. Glad they were brit soldiers saying exactly what the Iranians wanted and kissing up to them and not Americans.

if they were Americans, they never would have surrendered to begin with.

The problem is when the Brits lose face so do we because they are our allies

Dont think this is going to be the last thing Iran has done. Everytime they kidnap people they end up looking good.

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 06:31 PM
They are suppose to be released Thursday morning. They aren't out yet. iran is very good at going back on their word. I wouldn't celebrate until they are back on friendly soil.

You can bet there will be more incidents. Either in the gulf or along the border. And there are thousands of iranian agents in iraq. Hundreds have been killed or captured. Though the media doesn't tell you about those. Just the five agents caught last year that are still being held.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
They are suppose to be released Thursday morning. They aren't out yet. iran is very good at going back on their word. I wouldn't celebrate until they are back on friendly soil.

You can bet there will be more incidents. Either in the gulf or along the border. And there are thousands of iranian agents in iraq. Hundreds have been killed or captured. Though the media doesn't tell you about those. Just the five agents caught last year that are still being held.

Here's my take on this whole thing: yabadabadoo has said this is a 'gift' to Britain. Has Tony Blair said, 'Thank you?' If he doesn't denounce the idea of the benevolency of Iran, he's implying that it is a 'gift.'

Look for a lot more problems with this down the line.

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Here's my take on this whole thing: yabadabadoo has said this is a 'gift' to Britain. Has Tony Blair said, 'Thank you?' If he doesn't denounce the idea of the benevolency of Iran, he's implying that it is a 'gift.'

Look for a lot more problems with this down the line.

Very likely. Blair needs to be careful how he words any response. Any sign of weakness will be used and will encourage more hostage taking. After the hostages are back Blair should continue sanctions and call for more. Just to show iran they didn't win.

lily
04-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Boy......that'll show 'em!:salute:

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 08:12 PM
lol

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 08:30 PM

What? You give not quote to your 'point.' Just a nasty implication in general.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 08:31 PM
lol

and you, fool, respond to the non response. Fuktard. You have zero clue to what you are laughing out loud about.

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 08:42 PM
and Fuck you too.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 08:52 PM
and Fuck you too.

Such an enlightening conversation we are both holding. I thought you might have countered my slam, but alas.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 08:55 PM

The President does not need Congressional approval to launch a strike against Iran, and he can deploy the Marine Corps for either 3-or-6 (I don't recall which at the moment) without a declaration of war nor Congres's approval.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 08:57 PM
iran wants a war with us. It's part of their goal in establishing a caliphate in the region. It's a matter of do we go after them before or after they get nukes. And just because the Brits were released doesn't mean tensions are not still high.

No, but because of the ostriches such as the one in this thread, we'll have to wait until a nuke lights up a US city before they'll wake up and see a threat, if even then. 9/11 sure didn't wake a few of them up.

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Iran wasn't behind 9-11. In fact that was mostly done by Saudis, I don't here you all baying about them.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:01 PM

YOu think Iran has come off looking good? I think Iran forcibly kidnapped members of a foreign nation's military under dubious circumstances and held them hostage. It's just more proof of what unmitigated asshats run Iran, and they are capable of anything.

But you would see Iran as coming off looking good.

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Such an enlightening conversation we are both holding. I thought you might have countered my slam, but alas.
Yeah, um, steph calling people names doesn't get you enlightening conversation.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:02 PM

Yeah. look how well they worked on Saddam.

Kathianne

and you do, where?

LiberalNation
But you would see Iran as coming off looking good.

That stunt to make them look good to their own people and in the ME at large. They humiliated the Brits and one this round hands down. The Iranian Prez has some PR skills.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Iran wasn't behind 9-11. In fact that was mostly done by Saudis, I don't here you all baying about them.

I didn't say Iran WAS behind 9/11. Don't read what ain't there.

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 09:03 PM
and you do, where?
I do plenty. You just can't tell cuss you're an over the top right winger.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 09:04 PM
That stunt to make them look good to their own people and in the ME at large. They humiliated the Brits and one this round hands down. The Iranian Prez has some PR skills.

Wow, we agree, though probably not for the same reasons. UK and US lose big. Iran wins.

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 09:05 PM
No you said people didn't learn from 9-11. While talking about attacking Iran.

and remember Saddam was gona nuke us too. You got that invasion, now where are the nukes.

lily
04-04-2007, 09:06 PM
What? You give not quote to your 'point.' Just a nasty implication in general.

English only please.:salute:

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:07 PM

How were the Brits humiliated exactly? The same way Charles Limburgh was? Iran kidnapped British troops. Britain decided to play the waiting game instead of responding.

Want to take a bet the "avoid conflict" order when approcahed by Iranian vessels is rescinded? Or that British warships will now accompany their smaller vessels?

Iran didn't win anything, nor was Britian humiliated. Isn't it people like YOU who think everyone should talk everything to death? The Brits went your route and got "humiliated." Hmmmm.........

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 09:07 PM

My personal choice would be to go in and bomb the shit out of them. But neither Bush nor Blair will listen to me. So they will settle on sanctions and softworded letters.

What do you propose they do? besides surrender.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:11 PM
No you said people didn't learn from 9-11. While talking about attacking Iran.

and remember Saddam was gona nuke us too. You got that invasion, now where are the nukes.

Clearly two separate sentences while discussing the same ilk of ostriches, not Iran specifically. You assumed, adn you assumed wrong. Simple as that.

To add to your first assumption, you have another. All you have to do now is provide evidence that I EVER have said Saddam possessed nuclear weapons, much less intended to use them, or that I agreed with the decision to invade Iraq.

So I didn't "got" anything.

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Iran didn't win anything, nor was Britian humiliated.

Their soldiers giving confessions and all on TV was pretty humiliating lokking if you ask me.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:13 PM
My personal choice would be to go in and bomb the shit out of them. But neither Bush nor Blair will listen to me. So they will settle on sanctions and softworded letters.

What do you propose they do? besides surrender.

The people who refuse to stand up these asshats now will be the ones crying the loudest later after they figure out that they are the ones who have empowered their own enemies.

grunt
04-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Their soldiers giving confessions and all on TV was pretty humiliating lokking if you ask me.

Nobody is asking you. Why would they? You know nothing about the military, self-defense or self-preservation. You act and talk like a coward. Nobody wants your opinion on life or death matters. If i need to find out where to get a good bottle of wine when/if I'm in your neck of the woods, i may ask you your opinion.

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Bad idea, don't drink wine.

Of self preservation sure but it still doesn't look great seeing them kissing Iranian ass on tv.

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 09:19 PM

iran wasn't behind 9/11 but they did lend support to the ones that put it together. And they currently harbor al queda operatives. iran and al queda may not like each other, but they will work together against a mutual enemy.

grunt
04-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Bad idea, don't drink wine.

Of self preservation sure but it still doesn't look great seeing them kissing Iranian ass on tv.

Nobody kissed Iranian ass. The Brits said, "Give'em up...if you don't, you're going to wish you had". The Iranians tried to save face by holding them for a week..but I can guarantee you, the Brits and US were shoving threats down Iran's throat. And Iran caved...

grunt
04-04-2007, 09:23 PM
iran wasn't behind 9/11 but they did lend support to the ones that put it together. And they currently harbor al queda operatives. iran and al queda may not like each other, but they will work together against a mutual enemy.

Not only that, American forces have captured numerous Iranian soldiers in Iraq..and have proven that insurgents in Iraq obtained weapons from Iran.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:26 PM

Yeah, I guess if you aren't wise enough to realize they were forced to do it, you might think that way. I saw it for the bullshit it is.

lily
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Nobody kissed Iranian ass. The Brits said, "Give'em up...if you don't, you're going to wish you had". The Iranians tried to save face by holding them for a week..but I can guarantee you, the Brits and US were shoving threats down Iran's throat. And Iran caved...

WOW!!! This is amazing. I'd like to read about it. Do you have a link?

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:28 PM

I hear ya. Hell, the government of Iran openly supports and supplies Hezbollah. IMO, Bush was just "off" by one country.

stephanie
04-04-2007, 09:35 PM

How the hell did I get into this conversation, and what name did I ever call you??

Why don't you all go pick on someone else....I'm starting to get a big head with all this admiration..:slap:

grunt
04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
WOW!!! This is amazing. I'd like to read about it. Do you have a link?

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1605487,00.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/13/wiran13.xml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6260301.stm

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 09:38 PM
How the hell did I get into this conversation, and what name did I ever call you??

Why don't you all go pick on someone else....I'm starting to get a big head with all this admiration..:slap:

Wow you didn't. Wrong person, sorry. Kathianne, stephanie, sound a like anyway.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I do plenty. You just can't tell cuss you're an over the top right winger.

umm, where do you get that?

stephanie
04-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow you didn't. Wrong person, sorry. Kathianne, Stephanie, sound a like anyway.

Ok...I accept your apology, I think..:coffee:

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 09:41 PM

Again, we are agreeing.

LiberalNation
Thought I was talking to steph. Don't think I "know" you.

Kathianne
English only please.:salute:

Hello clueless.

lily
04-04-2007, 09:45 PM
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1605487,00.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/13/wiran13.xml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6260301.stm

Did you think you could just put down some links and I wouldn't read them? Those links support your statement how?

I pegged you for a bullshitter. I gave you a chance. Now don't feel bad when I don't take you seriously.:salute:

lily
04-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Hello clueless.

Well, at least now you're speaking in English. Not saying anything.....but speaking in English. Baby steps.:lame2:

grunt
04-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Did you think you could just put down some links and I wouldn't read them? Those links support your statement how?

I pegged you for a bullshitter. I gave you a chance. Now don't feel bad when I don't take you seriously.:salute:

Obvioulsy you didn't read them..

Quotes from the links:

"Iran's foreign ministry says the men are diplomats and were working at the Iranian liaison office in Irbil.

US officials say they are linked to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard which they say trains and arms Iraqi insurgents.

The US has the authority to pursue Iranians in Iraq who "put our people at risk", a top US official has said.

"We are going to need to deal with what Iran is doing inside Iraq," said National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley on Sunday. "

"The soldiers who were there still talk about the September 7 firefight on the Iran-Iraq border in whispers. At Forward Operating Base Warhorse, the main U.S. military outpost in Iraq's eastern Diyala Province bordering Iran, U.S. troops recount events reluctantly, offering details only on condition that they remain nameless. Everyone seems to sense the possible consequences of revealing that a clash between U.S. and Iranian forces had turned deadly. And although the Pentagon has acknowledged that a firefight took place, it says it cannot say anything more. "For that level of detail, you're going to have to ask the [U.S.] military in Baghdad," says Army Lieut. Col. Mark Ballesteros. "We don't know anything about it."

So, what were you saying? Idiot. :fu:

lily
04-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Obvioulsy you didn't read them..

Quotes from the links:

"Iran's foreign ministry says the men are diplomats and were working at the Iranian liaison office in Irbil.

US officials say they are linked to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard which they say trains and arms Iraqi insurgents.

The US has the authority to pursue Iranians in Iraq who "put our people at risk", a top US official has said.

"We are going to need to deal with what Iran is doing inside Iraq," said National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley on Sunday. "

"The soldiers who were there still talk about the September 7 firefight on the Iran-Iraq border in whispers. At Forward Operating Base Warhorse, the main U.S. military outpost in Iraq's eastern Diyala Province bordering Iran, U.S. troops recount events reluctantly, offering details only on condition that they remain nameless. Everyone seems to sense the possible consequences of revealing that a clash between U.S. and Iranian forces had turned deadly. And although the Pentagon has acknowledged that a firefight took place, it says it cannot say anything more. "For that level of detail, you're going to have to ask the [U.S.] military in Baghdad," says Army Lieut. Col. Mark Ballesteros. "We don't know anything about it."

So, what were you saying? Idiot. :fu:

Please show me ANYWERE in any of those links that support your claim of:

I don't think I'm the idiot.:fu: at least I don't say shit I can't back up.:salute:

grunt
04-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Please show me ANYWERE in any of those links that support your claim of:

I don't think I'm the idiot.:fu: at least I don't say shit I can't back up.:salute:

lol...my mistake...I thought you were asking for links that showed we had found Iranain troops in Iraq...

I don't have any links that show secret intel between the U.S. and anybody. Do you?

Friggin' moron.

lily
04-04-2007, 10:16 PM
lol...my mistake...I thought you were asking for links that showed we had found Iranain troops in Iraq...

I don't have any links that show secret intel between the U.S. and anybody. Do you?

Friggin' moron.

Well........gee.......and here I thought you were going to admit you were wrong........and I'm the moron? phhhhhhttttt

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
lol

grunt
04-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Well........gee.......and here I thought you were going to admit you were wrong........and I'm the moron? phhhhhhttttt

I wrote "my mistake". And just because you're an ignorant moron that doesn't realize that there are things that happen in the US Gov and or Military that aren't available to the press or peons like you doesn't mean you get act all mighty and shit. Dolt. :poke: :laugh2: :slap:

grunt
04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
lol

What are you laughing at coward? :finger3:

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 10:22 PM
you

grunt
04-04-2007, 10:24 PM
you

As any coward would do.... :clap: :poke:

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 10:24 PM
lol and how exactly does it make me a coward. I think it just makes me laughing at you.

grunt
04-04-2007, 10:26 PM
lol and how exactly does it make me a coward. I think it just makes me laughing at you.

This is'nt what makes you a coward. Not wanting to protect your family or yourself is what makes you a coward. :laugh2: :poke:

LiberalNation
04-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Who said I wouldn't protect myself.

lily
04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
I wrote "my mistake". And just because you're an ignorant moron that doesn't realize that there are things that happen in the US Gov and or Military that aren't available to the press or peons like you doesn't mean you get act all mighty and shit. Dolt. :poke: :laugh2: :slap:

Sorry......you are right......I got thrown off by the firggin moron comment.:)

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 10:43 PM

your right grunt. There are lots of actions we don't hear about. I would bet there have been multiple actions along the iran iraq border. The military will keep them quiet as long as there are no reporters in the area to report on it. And few reporters leave the greenzone. All we see is the tip of the iceburg. which for the safety of our troops is for the best.

grunt
04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Sorry......you are right......I got thrown off by the firggin moron comment.:)

That's cool. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I honestly thought you were asking for links about the captured iranians. I'm still not sure how i thought that..long day at work i guess. :laugh2: :salute:

grunt
04-04-2007, 11:11 PM
your right grunt. There are lots of actions we don't hear about. I would bet there have been multiple actions along the iran iraq border. The military will keep them quiet as long as there are no reporters in the area to report on it. And few reporters leave the greenzone. All we see is the tip of the iceburg. which for the safety of our troops is for the best.

That's what I try an tell a lot of people who spew rhetoric. Only a select few get to know the REAL details.