PDA

View Full Version : Any deep-sea fishers?

darin
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Working on going out on a charter at the end of March - off the space-coast of Florida. Any tips? :) Already going to seek a prescription for the Sea-sickness patch. That and my camera, light rain gear, and suncreen is what I plan to bring along (renting gear and meals/beverages are included).

I've never before caught a fish, so am pretty excited. :)

Classact
01-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Working on going out on a charter at the end of March - off the space-coast of Florida. Any tips? :) Already going to seek a prescription for the Sea-sickness patch. That and my camera, light rain gear, and suncreen is what I plan to bring along (renting gear and meals/beverages are included).

I've never before caught a fish, so am pretty excited. :)I used to go on a private boat in NC and again on a private boat down here in PR. It's a great experience and you'll probablly have a lot of fun. To answer your question, take sun block and a hat, in fact the hat will probablly blow off so take two, get the cloth type that rambo wears. take a towel that you can wrap around your neck or any cloth that will protect your neck from the sun. When you're on the water, the ocean especially it's like being in a tanning mirror so all exposed skin will burn if the sun is out at all and the salt water helps wash off the sun block so a good hat and towel help a lot. Take some cheap sunglasses too because of the reflection... a good pair will get screwed up with the salt water so go cheap. Besides that a personal pack of wet wipes to clean off fish or bait slime... Extra beer!

namvet
01-18-2009, 07:11 PM
any idea what kind a fishing??? march is marlin, sword season. I haven't been in years. last time was off coast of Mexico. I got a blue Marlin. we had some guys who got seas sick. I don't know any effective remedy. take a hat. a good pair of shades. the sun at sea is hotter because of the reflection and glare off the surface. sun tan. deep sea fishing can be hours of boredom. big game fish can take a long time to haul in. its a battle. took about 45 min for me and the fish to wear each other down !!!!!! :laugh2:

jackass
01-19-2009, 01:55 PM
If your going to Florida....look into tarpon on the fly rod!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyBtsDS-1cg