PDA

View Full Version : Boxer: we are not *sniffle* potted plants

Yurt
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Behind the scenes, Obama's aides and congressional leaders are coordinating their moves closely. But publicly, lawmakers are seeking to show they won't just rubber-stamp the new president's agenda and at times will oppose his initiatives.

"We are not potted plants," California Sen. Barbara Boxer said Monday. "We are going to give our opinion."

Recent dust-ups have forced Obama and his team to work overtime to pacify their allies on Capitol Hill.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/12/MNB9157UIQ.DTL&type=politics&tsp=1

she has spoken against the messiah, she will get a knock on her door at midnight

stephanie
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Humm. a potted plant pretty much fits the description of them..

except these potted plants are a danger to our freedoms.

Yurt
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
i thought that obama and his party was about 'unity'...whats this stuff about potted plants? the guy is not even president and his own party is telling him to pound sand...what a leader!

PostmodernProphet
01-13-2009, 06:23 PM
I always suspected the Democrats wouldn't actually let a black man set the agenda for the country.....

Yurt
01-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I always suspected the Democrats wouldn't actually let a black man set the agenda for the country.....

yeah, imagine if these were repubs the dems would be screaming racism...

LiberalNation
01-13-2009, 07:02 PM
congress and the executive are normally on opposits side most of the time, in goods times the gap may be smaller but never closed.