PDA

View Full Version : So.. I found my new job...

-Cp
01-13-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479747,00.html

SYDNEY — It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

A real job ad for an island caretaker in Australia that calls for someone to lounge around Australia's Great Barrier Reef for six months has unemployed people the world over taking heart.

Billing it the "Best Job in the World," the tourism department in Australia's Queensland state on Tuesday said it was seeking one lucky person to spend half a year relaxing on Hamilton Island, part of the country's Whitsunday Islands, while promoting the island on a blog.

Tthe "island caretaker" would be expected to stroll the white sands, soak up the sun, snorkel the reef, "maybe clean the pool" — and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.

The winner, who will stay rent-free in a multimillion-dollar three-bedroom beach home complete with pool and golf cart, must be an excellent communicator and be able to speak and write in English.

The job, according to the Daily Telegraph, seems too good to be true — work 12 hours a month for six months while carrying out such duties as feeding turtles, watching whales and writing a blog.

The Australia-based newspaper reported on its Web site that no academic qualifications are required for the job advertised in 18 countries. However, strong swimming skills and a love of snorkelling and scuba diving are a must.

The Daily Telegraph reported 850,000 people clicked on the site within the first 24 hours, but as of As of 11 a.m. EST, the Web site for job-seekers had been taken down.

Rest at link.

stephanie
01-13-2009, 04:03 PM
sounds dreamy, if I was only younger.

darin
01-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Gonna get a banana hammock, -Cp, like most men NOT of US decent wear when tooling around in the tropics??

:D

01-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I considered looking into that just because the price is right.

darin
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Looking into a banana hammock?? ew.

:)

5stringJeff
01-17-2009, 08:59 AM
If the price of that job was wearing a speedo for six months, I'd still sign up.