PDA

View Full Version : Edwards experiences surge in support

Yurt
03-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Edwards experiences surge in support

RALEIGH, N.C. - Elizabeth Edwards' sobering diagnosis of incurable cancer has triggered an outpouring of support, with a surge of donations to her husband's presidential campaign and affirmation of his candidacy in opinion polls.

The amount of money given to Edwards' campaign via the Internet increased by about 50 percent since the couple announced last week that Elizabeth Edwards' cancer had returned. A CBS News poll released Wednesday found that by a 2-to-1 margin, voters support Edwards' decision to continue his campaign.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070328/ap_on_el_pr/edwards_support;_ylt=AvQN0eSD5GBhA8O3basHD1kEtbAF

:rolleyes:

gabosaurus
03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
The proven best ways to improve your status and station are:
(a) dying (b) approaching death

Look at Reagan -- once he died, most people forgot that he was a fairly evil person.

stephanie
03-29-2007, 12:28 AM

Look at Reagan -- once he died, most people forgot that he was a fairly evil person.

Are you posting from a mental hospital?:poke:

03-29-2007, 01:51 AM

Impossible to forget someone is evil when they arent.

Yurt
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
John Edwards Opens Up About Son He Lost

very tragic, that he would use his sorrows like this, OVER and over AGAIN (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/03/28/politics/p233932D38.DTL)

He did the same thing four years ago. He is a big loser. Say it once, maybe ok, but do do the same thing again, and again, it is sad, then again those juries believed him and that is why he is rich. Nothing wrong with that, if he won fair, but to use the same tactics now, over and over, this man is sick, really sick.

He needs help.

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 06:57 PM
John Edwards Opens Up About Son He Lost

very tragic, that he would use his sorrows like this, OVER and over AGAIN (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/03/28/politics/p233932D38.DTL)

He did the same thing four years ago. He is a big loser. Say it once, maybe ok, but do do the same thing again, and again, it is sad, then again those juries believed him and that is why he is rich. Nothing wrong with that, if he won fair, but to use the same tactics now, over and over, this man is sick, really sick.

He needs help.
Well there is Elizabeth's cancer. How can you be so heartless? (That was sarcasm about Edward's, not Yurt). He'll use anything, considering Hill and the smoker.

Yurt
03-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Well there is Elizabeth's cancer. How can you be so heartless? (That was sarcasm about Edward's, not Yurt). He'll use anything, considering Hill and the smoker.

We know, it is in the first post of this thread. So I am not sure what you mean by:

..well there is...

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
We know, it is in the first post of this thread. So I am not sure what you mean by:

..well there is...
My bad for not reading through the thread, no excuse, wasn't that long. Reminds me of Gore and his sister and tobacco though.

Gaffer
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Surges are bad, we can't have that. The house needs to pass a resolution banning such surges. He needs to pull out.

03-31-2007, 03:21 AM
Now I'm alittle more convinced that he is using sorrow in his family to milk political support. I really find that disgusting on so many levels. i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before. Even with his background of manipulating emotions for profit and politics. But I can't now.

Watch this guy. He reminds me alot of Clinton.

Gaffer
03-31-2007, 02:19 PM
He's alot like clinton, I have never cared for him at all. And now he's sinking even lower. May he reap what he deserves.

gabosaurus
04-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Are you posting from a mental hospital?:poke:

Nah, I don't work much while classes are in session. I did work a few shifts during spring break. But I was usually too busy to post here.