PDA

View Full Version : President of the Mistakes -- Bush bloopers!

gabosaurus
01-14-2009, 01:15 PM
As Dubya fades (thankfully) into the sunset, it seems only fitting to look back at some of his most famous bloopers and fuckups. :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/01/14/george-bush-s-50-worst-bloopers-and-top-10-best-moments-on-video-115875-21040616/

stephanie
01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Well he sure can't lay claim to the blooper of having a Blow Job under the Oval Office desk..and lying about it..and being Impeached over it..

:cheers2:

gabosaurus
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
That's true Steph. But only because you never made it to D.C.

stephanie
01-14-2009, 01:36 PM
That's true Steph. But only because you never made it to D.C.

Oooooo, the wit..you're on top of it today dear..:rolleyes:

red states rule
01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
For fairness, here are some Obama's Greatest Hits

and he has alot despite not being around very long

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today - our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." - Barack Obama

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." - Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." - explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

“Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” - Explaining trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky he showed his lack of U.S. geography

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

“There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.” - claiming his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement. Obama was born in 1961, the Selma march took place in 1965.

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." - exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." - on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

“Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport.” - Talking about the decades-old, multi-billion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear waste clean-up. He’s voted on at least one defense authorization bill that addressed the “costs, schedules, and technical issues” dealing with what is the nation’s most contaminated nuclear waste site.

"I've now been in 57 states - I think one left to go." - at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." - speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

Obama told a Portland crowd that Iran doesn’t “pose a serious threat to us”–cluelessly arguing that “tiny countries” with small defense budgets can’t do us harm– and then promptly flip-flopped the next day, claiming, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do - we'll do a press avail." - to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers

Then, there’s the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote in his book “Dreams from My Father,” was an article and two accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the photographs don’t exist, say the magazine’s own historians.

"The notion that we would sustain that kind of effort and neglect not only making us more secure here at home, more competitive here at home, allow our economy to sink." Barack Obama at the Democratic debate at University of Texas in Austin, Feb 21, 2008, addressing McCain's willingness to stay in Iraq for 100 years. (Now, I'm willing to let slide the fact that this isn't even a complete sentence. My question is: What the hell does this even mean?)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=308195