PDA

View Full Version : Romney challenges McCain on immigration.

03-29-2007, 12:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20070329/pl_bloomberg/ahtfwx80g26e_1

One line in particular he gave that I really thought was good:

``I don't think there should be a special pathway to citizenship for those that are here illegally,'' he said. ``It makes no sense at all to have a border which is basically concrete against skill and education but wide open to people to just walk on in who have neither.''

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 12:31 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20070329/pl_bloomberg/ahtfwx80g26e_1

One line in particular he gave that I really thought was good:

I agree with this statement although I think there's got to be a better solution to illegal immigration than just blanketly deporting anyone with an illegal status. Lately though, it seems McCain's "straight talk express" has derailed into the "luke-warm, middle-of-the-road, whore-out my principles so I can cater to as many voter constituencies as possible express."

theHawk
03-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Lately though, it seems McCain's "straight talk express" has derailed into the "luke-warm, middle-of-the-road, whore-out my principles so I can cater to as many voter constituencies as possible express."

Thats exactly what makes McCain too liberal for us.

5stringJeff
03-29-2007, 01:01 PM

Word.

03-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I agree with this statement although I think there's got to be a better solution to illegal immigration than just blanketly deporting anyone with an illegal status. Lately though, it seems McCain's "straight talk express" has derailed into the "luke-warm, middle-of-the-road, whore-out my principles so I can cater to as many voter constituencies as possible express."

Well I dont think he is trying to cater to just voting constituencies but to FUTURE voter constitutencies. McCain is basically selling out the people know in the hopes of getting a vote in the future.

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 01:17 PM

Well, what I don't get is why doing this makes him "liberal." He's not espousing any liberal views, he's just being a toolbag. Is "liberal" just a moniker you use to refer to anyone you don't like?

03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Well, what I don't get is why doing this makes him "liberal." He's not espousing any liberal views, he's just being a toolbag. Is "liberal" just a moniker you use to refer to anyone you don't like?

Are you really trying to claim that blanket amnesty isnt the liberal position on illegal immigration?

Hagbard Celine
03-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Are you really trying to claim that blanket amnesty isnt the liberal position on illegal immigration?

It's certainly not mine. So...yes.

03-29-2007, 03:00 PM
It's certainly not mine. So...yes.

Then why have they been so eager to pass amnesty for illegal aliens every time the issue comes up?

Hugh Lincoln
04-05-2007, 08:10 PM

Given that blanket amnesty is the REPUBLICAN position on immigration, I don't know what the hell the liberal position is. Mandatory expulsion of white citizens from their homes for every Mexican who spots a house he likes?

We are so fucked up on immigration, it hurts. Tancredo really needs to make a strong run for president.