PDA

View Full Version : Jim, feel free to eat your heart out

gabosaurus
01-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Some radio station in Pittsburgh held a contest for "Most Loyal Steelers Fans." Among the rules are you have to be born in the Pittsburgh area and have proof that you have been a Steelers fan since birth.
My friend Katie's family put together an elaborate package that included pictures of her being wrapped in a black and yellow blanket right after being born.
Katie was one of the winners. Her prize -- two tickets to the 2009 Super Bowl. :D

Abbey Marie
01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Lucky girl. Jim, were you born in Pittsburgh?

jimnyc
01-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Lucky girl. Jim, were you born in Pittsburgh?

Nope, in NJ, but Dad took us on vacation so much to Pa. when I was growing up and the TV had either the Eagles or Steelers. I was smart enough to choose the right team. :)

Hey, Gab, have your friend take some pictures for me! I'd give Jackass's left testicle to be at that game!

gabosaurus
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
It's one thing to be a Steelers fan. I am guessing it is another to be born as one.
Katie was born in Washington, Pennsylvania, which is just outside Pittsburgh. Her dad has one of the hugest "one for the thumb" posters available. She met Mean Joe Green as a child and has an original "Terrible Towel." Katie has Steeler shirts, jackets and a game jersey with her softball number (4) on it.

The free tickets are just tickets. Bearer is responsible for all other expenses. Which is not a problem. Katie's dad works for DFW Airport, so they can fly for free. They are working on finding someone to stay with.

Katie message to Jim: "I don't know the guy, but any Steelers fan has to be immensely cool." :)

jimnyc
01-22-2009, 02:20 PM
It's one thing to be a Steelers fan. I am guessing it is another to be born as one.
Katie was born in Washington, Pennsylvania, which is just outside Pittsburgh. Her dad has one of the hugest "one for the thumb" posters available. She met Mean Joe Green as a child and has an original "Terrible Towel." Katie has Steeler shirts, jackets and a game jersey with her softball number (4) on it.

The free tickets are just tickets. Bearer is responsible for all other expenses. Which is not a problem. Katie's dad works for DFW Airport, so they can fly for free. They are working on finding someone to stay with.

Katie message to Jim: "I don't know the guy, but any Steelers fan has to be immensely cool." :)

I don't think being born or living at a particular city can make a person more faithful and into their team. I know all the Jets and Giants fans around here and I know I'm more fanatical than all of them combined. I've collected over the years: photos, trading cards, terrible towels, about 7 jerseys, hats galore, keychains, lighters, clothing.... I have their logo tattooed on my arm. I've likely watched every televised game for the past 30-35 years and since I got DirecTV about 5 years ago or so I haven't missed a single game. Oh, and I also stayed with them through the horrid eighties and early 90's. I went on a trip to Pitt. to see a game. Paid for airline tickets, hotel tickets and about $800 for 2 seats at the game. Probably spent another $2k in merchandise.

Sounds like I'm an idiot more than a huge fan! LOL