PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Legislator Indicted!

5stringJeff
03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
A corrupt Democrat from New Jersey... will wonders ever cease??

-------------
A once-powerful New Jersey lawmaker was indicted Thursday on corruption charges tied to a state medical school job that a federal monitor said paid him $35,000 a year to do little more than read the newspaper.

State Sen. Wayne Bryant, a former chairman of the budget committee, was named in a 20-count indictment released by U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie.

Also indicted was R. Michael Gallagher, former dean at the University of Medicine and Dentistry's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford.

The charges stem from a federal monitor's report in September that looked into alleged corruption at the state medical school, which promotes itself as the nation's largest health sciences university.

The monitor found the school created a job for Bryant in 2003 and that he showed up only one morning per week at most and did little more than read newspapers, yet was paid $35,000 per year. Over four years, Bryant helped bring $12.8 million in state money to the school through his role as the Senate budget chairman.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/29/ap/national/main2625239.shtml

stephanie
03-29-2007, 03:27 PM
I'M SHOCKED! shocked I tell ya..

Don't expect to hear about this from the Lame stream media..

Gaffer
03-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah if it gets any mention at all it will be buried on page D-34 among a bunch of ads.

Hugh Lincoln
03-29-2007, 09:03 PM
What shocks me most is that he's black. Now THAT is a twist.

manu1959
03-29-2007, 09:06 PM
"corrupt legislator" is redundant

03-30-2007, 04:19 AM
A corrupt Democrat from New Jersey... will wonders ever cease??

-------------
A once-powerful New Jersey lawmaker was indicted Thursday on corruption charges tied to a state medical school job that a federal monitor said paid him $35,000 a year to do little more than read the newspaper.

State Sen. Wayne Bryant, a former chairman of the budget committee, was named in a 20-count indictment released by U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie.

Also indicted was R. Michael Gallagher, former dean at the University of Medicine and Dentistry's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford.

The charges stem from a federal monitor's report in September that looked into alleged corruption at the state medical school, which promotes itself as the nation's largest health sciences university.

The monitor found the school created a job for Bryant in 2003 and that he showed up only one morning per week at most and did little more than read newspapers, yet was paid $35,000 per year. Over four years, Bryant helped bring $12.8 million in state money to the school through his role as the Senate budget chairman.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/29/ap/national/main2625239.shtml

Ill be shocked when they find an honest legislator in New Jersey.

03-30-2007, 04:20 AM
What shocks me most is that he's black. Now THAT is a twist.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. We are talking about New Jersey here. Every Democrat is corrupt regardless of race.

stephanie
03-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Anybody here.......Hear about the Dianne Feinstein scandal getting ready to explode on the scenes...???

Now that Sen. Dianne Feinstein has resigned under an ethical cloud from the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee, where she sat while voting for appropriations worth billions to her husband's firms, I am wondering:

Will she also be resigning from the Senate Rules Committee?

DiFi and the culture of corruption
By Michelle Malkin · March 29, 2007 10:47 AM

Is DiFi dirty? In January, I linked to Metroactive extensive investigation of Sen. Dianne Feinstein's conflict of interests as a member of the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee who voted for appropriations worth billions to her husband's firms.

Looks like Metroactive work may have had an effect. They report on Feinstein's resignation from the subcommittee yesterday:

SEN. Dianne Feinstein has resigned from the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee. As previously and extensively reviewed in these pages, Feinstein was chairperson and ranking member of MILCON for six years, during which time she had a conflict of interest due to her husband Richard C. Blum's ownership of two major defense contractors, who were awarded billions of dollars for military construction projects approved by Feinstein.
As MILCON leader, Feinstein relished the details of military construction, even micromanaging one project at the level of its sewer design. She regularly took junkets to military bases around the world to inspect construction projects, some of which were contracted to her husband's companies, Perini Corp. and URS Corp.

Perhaps she resigned from MILCON because she could not take the heat generated by Metro's expose of her ethics (which was partially funded by the Investigative Fund of the Nation Institute). Or was her work on the subcommittee finished because Blum divested ownership of his military construction and advanced weapons manufacturing firms in late 2005?

The MILCON subcommittee is not only in charge of supervising military construction, it also oversees "quality of life" issues for veterans, which includes building housing for military families and operating hospitals and clinics for wounded soldiers. Perhaps Feinstein is trying to disassociate herself from Milton's incredible failure to provide decent medical care for wounded soldiers.

The NY Times is demanding an investigation. Arianna Huffington has launched ads lambasting Feinstein. The left-wing blogosphere is an uproar over Feinstein's war profiteering.

Kidding.

What you didn't hear anything about this.......It's all over the net, but not one word yet out OUR LAME STREAM MEDIA...I wonder if there will be investigations..................HUMMMMMMMMM

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007198.htm

Birdzeye
03-30-2007, 07:52 AM
I'M SHOCKED! shocked I tell ya..

Don't expect to hear about this from the Lame stream media..

So, CBS News (your source for this story) is no longer part of the "Lame stream media?" :laugh2:

stephanie
03-30-2007, 07:54 AM
So, CBS News (your source for this story) is no longer part of the "Lame stream media?" :laugh2:

:laugh2: :cheers2:
Ya still avoided the subject, but what is to be expected...Twist the convo. away from the subject talked about...
It IS after all about Democrats and corruption...