PDA

View Full Version : Obama Screws Up Facts In His Inaugural Speech

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Two paragraph's into Obama's Inaugural address, Barrack makes a blunder. He states "Forty-four Americans have now taken the presidential oath".

This is an inaccurate statement. Obamama is our 44th president but he is only the 43rd person to serve. Grover Cleveland was the only president to serve two non-consecutive terms making him the 22nd and 24th president.

I know that this isn't a big deal but it will be interesting to see if it gets repoerted by the mainstream media or if Obama gets a free pass. You know that Bush wouldn't.

stephanie
01-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Two paragraph's into Obama's Inaugural address, Barrack makes a blunder. He states "Forty-four Americans have now taken the presidential oath".

This is an inaccurate statement. Obama is our 44th president but he is only the 43rd person to serve. Grover Cleveland was the only president to serve two non-consecutive terms making him the 22nd and 24th president.

I know that this isn't a big deal but it will be interesting to see if it gets repoerted by the mainstream media or if Obama gets a free pass. You know that Bush wouldn't.

the media is blaming it on Roberts..You should realize by now "The One " can't make mistakes:coffee:

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:13 PM
the media is blaming it on Roberts..You should realize by now "The One " can't make mistakes:coffee:

You are talking about the oath Steph.

This is what he said afterwards. But you are correct. if Pres Bush would have said this the Obama campaign staff in the liberal media, would be all over this factual error

stephanie
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
You are talking about the oath Steph.

This is what he said afterwards. But you are correct. if Pres Bush would have said this the Obama campaign staff in the liberal media, would be all over this factual error

Oops, I didn't watch any of it, I've been preached at enough by this guy..

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Oops, I didn't watch any of it, I've been preached at enough by this guy..

He is tired Steph

After all it was a long campaign, and he did have to go to all 57 states :laugh2:

stephanie
01-20-2009, 03:23 PM
The media turned this thing into a circus, with them as the friggin clowns..

It's become a royal joke for me..

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
The media turned this thing into a circus, with them as the friggin clowns..

It's become a royal joke for me..

The liberal media is having a collective orgasim today

Pres Obama graduated from prestigious universities with honors, he should have known this little detail about American history

stephanie
01-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't have very high hope for this person, and I'm damn sure worried over the administration he has assembled..

we will see soon enough.

we need to pray for our country..:salute:

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't have very high hope for this person, and I'm damn sure worried over the administration he has assembled..

we will see soon enough.

we need to pray for our country..:salute:

Don't worry Steph

I am positive the next 4 years be as closely monitored and commented on as it has in the first couple of hours :laugh2:

My Winter Storm
01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
It doesn't seem like an overly bad mistake, really. The media report it wrong, too.

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:39 PM
It doesn't seem like an overly bad mistake, really. The media report it wrong, too.

EVERY mistake Pres Bush ever uttered or made has been front page news and the lead story on the nightly news Sharon

This is not in error. This was Obama's second paragraph in his speech

My Winter Storm
01-20-2009, 03:40 PM
EVERY mistake Pres Bush ever uttered or made has been front page news and the lead story on the nightly news Sharon

This is not in error. This was Obama's second paragraph in his speech

But who wrote the speech? If Bush had made the same mistake, it would have been his speech writers fault, not him.

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:41 PM
But who wrote the speech? If Bush had made the same mistake, it would have been his speech writers fault, not him.

We were told Obama wrote the speech

Again, I am asking where the liberal media is on pointing out the error as they would have done if Pres Bush said it

My Winter Storm
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
We were told Obama wrote the speech

Again, I am asking where the liberal media is on pointing out the error as they would have done if Pres Bush said it

Well, I don't know. As I said, I don't think it's a big mistake to make. The media wouldn't report on a mistake that they make all the time, too. It wouldn't look good for them.

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Well, I don't know. As I said, I don't think it's a big mistake to make. The media wouldn't report on a mistake that they make all the time, too. It wouldn't look good for them.

Of course it is no big deal - it was Obama who made the gaffe

Now if was Pres Bush or McCain, well that would be a different story

My Winter Storm
01-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Of course it is no big deal - it was Obama who made the gaffe

Now if was Pres Bush or McCain, well that would be a different story

Probably, but I like to give the media the benefit of the doubt. Give it a couple of months and perhaps they will turn on Obama?

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Probably, but I like to give the media the benefit of the doubt. Give it a couple of months and perhaps they will turn on Obama?

The liberal media here have been waving the pom poms for Obama for over a year

They will ignore this gaffe, as they have all his gaffes

Nothing bad will make it into the MSM liberal media. If it does it will be slanted so someone else is to blame

Probably former Pres Bush or the minority Republicans

Abbey Marie
01-20-2009, 03:56 PM

I don't want them to turn on him, or on any President. Just full and unbiased coverage would be nice for a change.

red states rule
01-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't want them to turn on him, or on any President. Just full and unbiased coverage would be nice for a change.

Please Abbey do not hold your breath.

Not with "reporters" giving "reports" like this

Matthews: Bush Family Like the Romanovs, Obama May Join ‘Oratorical Mt. Rushmore’
By Brad Wilmouth (Bio | Archive)
January 20, 2009 - 15:00 ET

During Tuesday morning’s inaugural coverage on MSNBC, Chris Matthews twice compared the Bush family to the Romanovs as he contended that the Bushes are now likely to go into hiding because of President Bush’s unpopularity: "It’s going to be like the Romanovs, too, and I mean that. There’s a sense here that they are fallen from grace, that they’re not popular, that the whole family will now go into retreat." Even liberal Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson had to call him out on the exaggeration as it sounds like he says in the background that "it didn’t happen exactly like the Romanovs," referring to the overthrow and execution of the Russian royal family after the Bolshevik communists seized power in 1917.

A few minutes earlier, claiming "this isn’t a partisan statement," Matthews raised the possibility that Obama could give such a good speech that he would join the "oratorical Mount Rushmore" of Franklin Delano Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy in making memorable inauguration speeches. Matthews: "And it seems like there’s a third opening there for Barack Obama. It’s almost the oratorical Mount Rushmore, that there’s so much open space among those Presidents. And only two stand out. And this isn’t a partisan statement. This is a fact. There’s FDR. There’s JFK. And there may be Barack Obama."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2009/01/20/matthews-bush-family-romanovs-obama-may-join-oratorical-mt-rushmore

5stringJeff
01-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow, Obama made a mistake. Aren't we so proud to point it out? :rolleyes:

red states rule
01-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Wow, Obama made a mistake. Aren't we so proud to point it out? :rolleyes:

As I said before Jeff, if this would have been any Republican, the liberal media would already have reported it as they have every error made by Pres Bush