PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Suffers Seizure at Inaugural Lunch

red states rule
01-20-2009, 04:44 PM
I hope Sen Kennedy and Sen Byrd the best. Hope they both get well soon

Kennedy Suffers Seizure at Inaugural Lunch, Byrd Fine After Early Departure

Sens. Ted Kennedy suffered a seizure sending Sen. Byrd out of the room during President Obama's celebratory inaugural luncheon on Tuesday.

Sens. Ted Kennedy was taken to a hospital after suffering seizures during President Obama's celebratory inaugural luncheon while Sen. Robert Byrd left early on Tuesday of his own accord, said his spokesman.

Kennedy, 76, suffered a series of convulsions that lasted a while. He was taken out on a wheelchair and had to have his legs lifted up to get him out of the room. He was loaded onto an ambulance and taken to Washington Hospital Center.

A spokeswoman at the hospital said Kennedy was awake and answering questions during an assessment. His wife Vicki and son, Rep. Patrick Kennedy, were with him.

Last summer, the Massachusetts Democrat was diagnosed with a life-threatening brain tumor. Kennedy was one of Obama's earliest supporters and is credited with leading the pack of lawmakers who pushed Obama's popularity.

Sen. John Kerry and wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, and Vicki Kennedy helped Kennedy get into the reclining chair in which he was wheeled out. Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd also accompanied Kennedy to the ambulance.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/20/kennedy-suffers-seizure-inaugural-lunch/

manu1959
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
poor olde guys....this cold weather and all this excitment....hope they both rally and are ok.....

emmett
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
I hope Sen Kennedy and Sen Byrd the best. Hope they both get well soon

Kennedy Suffers Seizure at Inaugural Lunch, Byrd Fine After Early Departure

Sens. Ted Kennedy suffered a seizure sending Sen. Byrd out of the room during President Obama's celebratory inaugural luncheon on Tuesday.

Sens. Ted Kennedy was taken to a hospital after suffering seizures during President Obama's celebratory inaugural luncheon while Sen. Robert Byrd left early on Tuesday of his own accord, said his spokesman.

Kennedy, 76, suffered a series of convulsions that lasted a while. He was taken out on a wheelchair and had to have his legs lifted up to get him out of the room. He was loaded onto an ambulance and taken to Washington Hospital Center.

A spokeswoman at the hospital said Kennedy was awake and answering questions during an assessment. His wife Vicki and son, Rep. Patrick Kennedy, were with him.

Last summer, the Massachusetts Democrat was diagnosed with a life-threatening brain tumor. Kennedy was one of Obama's earliest supporters and is credited with leading the pack of lawmakers who pushed Obama's popularity.

Sen. John Kerry and wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, and Vicki Kennedy helped Kennedy get into the reclining chair in which he was wheeled out. Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd also accompanied Kennedy to the ambulance.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/20/kennedy-suffers-seizure-inaugural-lunch/

The excitement was probably a little much for him today. Some relaxation and convalescent care should have him back up and going in a jiffy!

red states rule
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
The excitement was probably a little much for him today. Some relaxation and convalescent care should have him back up and going in a jiffy!

I do hope both Kennedy and Byrd make a full recovery

They keep providing great material Emmett

01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
I hope they are alright.

emmett
01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
As much of a fan as I have been of Mr. Kennedy, and as much as I have said in the past about my disdain for his politics I certainly don't really wish any ill will on him. He is an aging and fragile senior citizen who no doubt is not long for this earth and who no doubt needs to retire and remove the pressure of his schedule from his life. I wish him well (in retirement) as well!

red states rule
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
As much of a fan as I have been of Mr. Kennedy, and as much as I have said in the past about my disdain for his politics I certainly don't really wish any ill will on him. He is an aging and fragile senior citizen who no doubt is not long for this earth and who no doubt needs to retire and remove the pressure of his schedule from his life. I wish him well (in retirement) as well!

That is the difference between conservatives and liberals Emmett

If these were Republicans, the death wishes, and jokes would be flying from the tolerant and compassionate left

5stringJeff
01-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Both should retire. Heck, about half of Congress ought to retire.

01-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Both should retire. Heck, about half of Congress ought to retire.

Only half?