PDA

View Full Version : Easier on the eyes?

jimnyc
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
A few stated previously about the current style that it was too dark and made it harder to adjust while reading the board. Just messing around a trying a few options and wanted some feedback. Since you can't please everyone, I figured I would try 2 different.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom left of the main page, you'll see a drop-down for styles, which is currently set to default. Choose the one that says "lighter" and you'll see a brighter style, white background, with a different header image. Of course this was done quickly with not a lot of major changes outside of header image and background color...

Curious if anyone likes a lighter style? Option of various styles to choose from?

5stringJeff
03-29-2007, 04:07 PM
White is a bit too 'antiseptic,' but maybe if you tried a lighter blue color as the background, it would work well.

jackass
03-29-2007, 04:11 PM
I dont like the white. Maybe the lighter blue? Im fine with the way it is now by the way. :fu:

jimnyc
03-29-2007, 04:12 PM
White is a bit too 'antiseptic,' but maybe if you tried a lighter blue color as the background, it would work well.

Unfortunately, the header image I'm messing with on that style is not transparent, so without a white background it will stand out as a big white outlined square.

Additionally, I just reverted all the buttons and status icons on that style back to the original as well.

Like I said, this is all testing, so I'll be happy to change what I can to what members like. It's easier than trying to have just one style and pleasing everyone!

Abbey Marie
03-29-2007, 05:27 PM
The white background hurt my eyes, and I like the blue we already have just fine. But options are nice.

Yurt
03-30-2007, 06:45 PM
The flashing icons are honestly driving me a wee crazy.

Yurt
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
seriously, the flashing eagle is driving me bonkers.

:cool:

jimnyc
03-31-2007, 01:45 AM
seriously, the flashing eagle is driving me bonkers.

:cool:

Original buttons and status icons have been returned :)

lily
03-31-2007, 03:06 PM
:clap:

Yurt
03-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Original buttons and status icons have been returned :)

:thanks: