PDA

View Full Version : when will the whites do what's right.....

manu1959
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
yellow is mellow.....

wtf......i get the dude is olde and marched with king but seems he was a touch out of bounds......anyone.....

emmett
01-20-2009, 05:13 PM
yellow is mellow.....

wtf......i get the dude is olde and marched with king but seems he was a touch out of bounds......anyone.....

Me too but being from georgia I've heard it for years and was not at all suprised! Of course one day soon, very soon, the blame will have to be directed elsewhere as white males no longer represent any real majority to speak of! Who will they blame then?

Rev. Lowery is a pretty good old goat for the most part though.

Kathianne
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Struck me as ironic, since we white folks are referring to him as 'President Obama.' Stupid racist preacher. Obama is not doing good with his pick of preachers.

The ClayTaurus
01-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I've heard he was referencing an old blues song...
This little song that i'm singin' about,
People you know it's true
If you're black and gotta work for a living,
This is what they will say to you,
They says, "if you was white, should be all right,
If you was brown, stick around,
But as you's black, hmm brother, get back, get back, get back"
I was in a place one night
They was all having fun
They was all buyin' beer and wine,
But they would not sell me none
They said, "if you was white, should be all right,
If you was brown, stick around,
But if you black, hmm brother, get back, get back, get back"http://www.lyricstime.com/big-bill-broonzy-black-brown-and-white-lyrics.html

Mr. P
01-20-2009, 09:06 PM
The train wreck is coming. That was my thought today as I heard race threaded throughout the day. Not by Obama but because of Obama.

I heard "we made it" and "never in my life time" and "we went from last TO FIRST".

This is disturbing for me and should be for the Country IMO. If these folk think that just because a Black has made it to the top their life will change forever they're in for a big surprise.

Obama made his own way to success...living in the south I'm afraid most blacks don't grasp this. The Rev. Lowery is part of that mindset. Always lookin to the man, demanding from the man, instead of themselves.

I may be wrong. But I doubt it.

stephanie
01-20-2009, 09:13 PM
From what I'm seeing, a lot of people were offended by what he said.

Mr. P
01-20-2009, 09:16 PM
From what I'm seeing, a lot of people were offended by what he said.

That's a good thing..I saw folks shocked and unhappy at the boos when Bush came out too.

Hobbit
01-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Obama is not a cause, as far as race relations go, at least not yet. Obama...is...a...RESULT. For decades, blacks, led by brave individuals like Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks, peacefully protested their treatment. The main movement never resulted to violence or terrorism, and through years of perseverance, a majority of Americans who actually have the gumption to get up and vote are not only comfortable with, but excited about a black president. That's something.

Some have called this the greatest accomplishment of American blacks, but I disagree. This is a hallmark signifying the progress made, but the greatest accomplishment of black America took place in the 40s and 50s. In the early 1940s, blacks who had spent their entire lives marginalized by a country that viewed them as less than human journeyed to Europe, Japan, Italy, North Africa and other exotic locations all over the world. Like everyone else, they fought. Like everyone else, they bled, died, and were crippled. White, black, Asian, Indian, didn't matter. All bled red on the sands of Normandy. All bled red in the jungles of Okinawa and on the slopes of Mt. Suribachi. Then, these black soldiers, heroes all, returned back to a country of whites only bathrooms and water fountains, whites only jobs, and 'No Niggers Allowed' signs on the businesses, all propagated by those who knew nothing of war. They didn't burn the place down. They didn't demand satisfaction. They endured and, peacefully, they protested. Then, 5 years later, the country sent out another clarion call for soldiers to shed their blood defending the tiny nation of Korea, and, once again, the blacks rose to the occasion and bled alongside their white brothers for a nation which didn't respect them. That was the greatest accomplishment of the black community.

PostmodernProphet
01-21-2009, 02:28 PM
apparently the assumption has been that each time a president was elected we were all thinking....at least he's still a white guy.......