PDA

View Full Version : Say Thanks to President Bush website

stephanie
01-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Say thank you to President Bush for keeping the United States safe, at Mission 1 Accomplished.

The folks who built the site are planning to present the comments and logs to George W. Bush’s Presidential Library on September 11, 2011.
http://mission1accomplished.com/

from..http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/

Mr. P
01-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I have to give this a great deal of thought. While it's true we haven't had any attacks since 9/11 he has caused tremendous damage to the U.S. with his spending.

stephanie
01-20-2009, 10:17 PM
I have to give this a great deal of thought. While it's true we haven't had any attacks since 9/11 he has caused tremendous damage to the U.S. with his spending.

I'll agree with you on that Mr.P, and a lot of people are telling him they didn't agree with all his decisions..but this site is mainly for keeping us safe after 9/11, I believe..

you can go there and read a lot of comments..

Abbey Marie
01-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Done.

Thanks, Stephanie, for the link. The comments are so nice to read.

The ClayTaurus
01-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I have to give this a great deal of thought. While it's true we haven't had any attacks since 9/11 he has caused tremendous damage to the U.S. with his spending.I as well. There are a variety of factors beyond "a lack of terrorist attacks within the domestic borders" that equate to keeping us safe, and I'm not sure if the good things he did when it comes to national security outweigh the bad...

stephanie
01-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Done.

you're welcome.

gabosaurus
01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Can we also thank Dubya for allowing American to be attacked on Sept. 11, 2001?
"Dear Dubya,
Thanks for ignoring the warnings that planes could be used to attack buildings.
Signed, the victims families of 9-11"

stephanie
01-21-2009, 11:48 AM
"Dear Dubya,

while your at it, send one to Clinton for when we were attacked TWICE on the homeland..that would only be fair..

Nukeman
01-21-2009, 11:50 AM
"Dear Dubya,
Signed, the victims families of 9-11"NO!!! You can thank Clinton for that one. He single handedly dismantled our human intel for overseas but YOU go right ahead an blame Bush, you do anyway for EVERYTHING

YOU can also thank the Clinton admin for NOT seeing that foriegn national were learning to fly in American schools for 2 years BEFORE Bush took office. I love how you IDIOTS forget all this SIMPLE to FIND stuff... MORON!!!!!:poke:

gabosaurus
01-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Yes, let's blame Clinton for everything. :rolleyes:
When Clinton left office, the World Trade Center buildings were still standing. End of story.

Nukeman
01-21-2009, 11:55 AM
When Clinton left office, the World Trade Center buildings were still standing. End of story.
Yet it was his incompetence that allowed them to be hit AGAIN. Or did you forget the FIRST attempt.....????????

stephanie
01-21-2009, 11:55 AM

Yeah, luckly..it wasn't because they didn't try and Clinton was too busy getting blowjobs to pay attention to stop it..

Mr. P
01-21-2009, 12:29 PM
"Dear Dubya,

Mindless babble :lame2:

GW in Ohio
01-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Dear President Bush: Thanks for staying sober for 8 years. (You were sober all that time, right?)

Dear Vice President Cheney: Thanks for baby-sitting that idiot Bush for 8 years and telling him what to do. I guess if we have problems with the Bush administration, they're all your fault, huh?

red states rule
01-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Dear President Bush: Thanks for staying sober for 8 years. (You were sober all that time, right?)

Dear Vice President Cheney: Thanks for baby-sitting that idiot Bush for 8 years and telling him what to do. I guess if we have problems with the Bush administration, they're all your fault, huh?

This from the guy who is DEMANDING we are show respect for Pres Obama and stop "nitpicking"

stephanie
01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
This from the guy who is DEMANDING we are show respect for Pres Obama and stop "nitpicking"

we should make a movie-the two faces of Liberalism..:coffee:

Little-Acorn
01-21-2009, 03:08 PM
we should make a movie-the two faces of Liberalism..:coffee:

Naw. Life's too short.

Yurt
01-21-2009, 05:09 PM

pwnd!

red states rule
01-21-2009, 05:11 PM
pwnd!

You will take note he has not replied to the post :laugh2:

bullypulpit
01-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Say thank you to President Bush for keeping the United States safe, at Mission 1 Accomplished.

The folks who built the site are planning to present the comments and logs to George W. Bush’s Presidential Library on September 11, 2011.

<blockquote>The United States has not met its national security goals to destroy terrorist threats and close the safe haven in Pakistan's FATA.</blockquote>

Source: <a href=http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-08-622>Combating Terrorism: The United States Lacks Comprehensive Plan to Destroy the Terrorist Threat and Close the Safe Haven in Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas</a>

<blockquote>With no Bush administration plan to thwart the terrorist threat in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region, al-Qaeda has reconstituted and Osama bin Laden remains at large.

Under the Bush administration, the global terrorist threat has grown.

Bipartisan reports warn of failure to address the threat of a WMD attack.

The Bush administration’s detention policy has been a powerful recruitment tool for jihadists and has not made us safer.</blockquote>

Source: <a href=http://www.nsnetwork.org/node/1163>"So What?" – The Failed Counterterrorism Policy of George W. Bush</a>

Yeah...Thanks fer nothing...George.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
<blockquote>The United States has not met its national security goals to destroy terrorist threats and close the safe haven in Pakistan's FATA.</blockquote>

Source: <a href=http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-08-622>Combating Terrorism: The United States Lacks Comprehensive Plan to Destroy the Terrorist Threat and Close the Safe Haven in Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas</a>

<blockquote>With no Bush administration plan to thwart the terrorist threat in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region, al-Qaeda has reconstituted and Osama bin Laden remains at large.

Under the Bush administration, the global terrorist threat has grown.

Bipartisan reports warn of failure to address the threat of a WMD attack.

The Bush administration’s detention policy has been a powerful recruitment tool for jihadists and has not made us safer.</blockquote>

Source: <a href=http://www.nsnetwork.org/node/1163>"So What?" – The Failed Counterterrorism Policy of George W. Bush</a>

Yeah...Thanks fer nothing...George.

I guess this is "change we can believe in" and the unity Obama promised.

Fast forward 4 years

Supporters of the new President boo Barack during the 2012 inauguration

Media and the left goes nuts over rabid Republicans

bullypulpit
01-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I guess this is "change we can believe in" and the unity Obama promised.

Fast forward 4 years

Supporters of the new President boo Barack during the 2012 inauguration

Media and the left goes nuts over rabid Republicans

Actually, If you bothered to follow the links, you'd find a GAO report and fully sourced article giving lie to Bush's claims of protecting America...Never mind that our sea-ports, petro-chem and nuclear facilities remain as secure as a package of "Mallomars" in a room full of stoners.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Actually, If you bothered to follow the links, you'd find a GAO report and fully sourced article giving lie to Bush's claims of protecting America...Never mind that our sea-ports, petro-chem and nuclear facilities remain as secure as a package of "Mallomars" in a room full of stoners.

Libs want everyone to buck up and give Obama a chance and "unite" yet they can't show enough class for the outgoing President, and continue to show their hate for him

Was that the "change" you libs are talking about?

Kinda makes those of us getting lectured to "back off Obama" to pretty much respond to them with "kiss my ass".

stephanie
01-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Libs want everyone to buck up and give Obama a chance and "unite" yet they can't show enough class for the outgoing President, and continue to show their hate for him

Was that the "change" you libs are talking about?

Kinda makes those of us getting lectured to "back off Obama" to pretty much respond to them with "kiss my ass".

I'm giving Obama as much of a chance and respect, as Bully gave the "Chimpy", as was his pet name for President Bush..

red states rule
01-21-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm giving Obama as much of a chance and respect, as Bully gave the "Chimpy", as was his pet name for President Bush..

:clap:

and as much of a chance and respect, as April 15, Gabby, Virgil, and the rest of the usual gang of tolerant liberals gave Pres Bush

Kathianne
01-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Done.

Wow, I left a message this morning, at the count was at 10,071. At 5:50 pm, it's over 25k!

Kathianne
01-21-2009, 06:52 PM

I can't rep, but would like to! I tried to post early am, but couldn't get on. A fine thing to do for a man who toiled endlessly. Don't have to agree with him on everything, but I've no doubt he always did what he thought best.

The ClayTaurus
01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
:clap:

and as much of a chance and respect, as April 15, Gabby, Virgil, and the rest of the usual gang of tolerant liberals gave Pres BushYes. Perpetuate the cycle. Excellent strategy.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Yes. Perpetuate the cycle. Excellent strategy.

It is the usual way libs operate - do not do as I do, do as I say

Unlike the libs here, I have on many occassions said how Pres Bush made the wrong calls. However, the man was left office, and the left continue to vent their insane and irrational hate for the man

Now they expect us to sit down and shut up when it comes to pres Obama. Do you not see their hypocrisy?

stephanie
01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes. Perpetuate the cycle. Excellent strategy.

damn right, I've not been a fan of the little Marxist ever..so It won't be hard for me to not give him a chance...:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Don't you just love how all of a sudden, the "cycle" simply must be broken? I guess no cycle-breaking was allowed during President Bush's EIGHT years in office.

DragonStryk72
01-21-2009, 11:40 PM

nah, I don't think I'm gonna do that, seeing as it would be lying on my part. Somewhere in my mind, going to war slowly over a year and a half, without remembering to get enough body armor for the people being sent says unsafe to me. I'm not going into the rest, that's just one solid example.

The ClayTaurus
01-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Don't you just love how all of a sudden, the "cycle" simply must be broken? I guess no cycle-breaking was allowed during President Bush's EIGHT years in office.The cycle should have been broken then as well. Pointing at someone else and saying "because he/she did it" is an excuse a 10 year old would use. BOTH sides bitch and moan about something the other side does, then use the fact that the other side does it as justification for them to then do it too. It's completely ridiculous.

Yurt
01-22-2009, 12:40 AM
The cycle should have been broken then as well. Pointing at someone else and saying "because he/she did it" is an excuse a 10 year old would use. BOTH sides bitch and moan about something the other side does, then use the fact that the other side does it as justification for them to then do it too. It's completely ridiculous.

hey, it won them the election, maybe a good strategy :dunno:

The ClayTaurus
01-22-2009, 12:42 AM
It is the usual way libs operate - do not do as I do, do as I say

Unlike the libs here, I have on many occassions said how Pres Bush made the wrong calls. However, the man was left office, and the left continue to vent their insane and irrational hate for the man

Now they expect us to sit down and shut up when it comes to pres Obama. Do you not see their hypocrisy?So you are going to let the libs dictate the tone of the conversation then? The hypocrisy I see is people on this site complaining about Bush being booed and then in another thread refer to Obama as Osama or any of the other various niceties I've stumbled across in recent months.

Booing Bush was absolutely classless and an embarassment. But it's equally classless to take some sort of principled stand against the booing when you (and not you as in you, RSR, specifically) are all but rooting for Obama's failure.

stephanie
The cycle should have been broken then as well. Pointing at someone else and saying "because he/she did it" is an excuse a 10 year old would use. BOTH sides bitch and moan about something the other side does, then use the fact that the other side does it as justification for them to then do it too. It's completely ridiculous.

whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:laugh2:

The ClayTaurus
hey, it won them the election, maybe a good strategy :dunno:Care to expand a bit?

The ClayTaurus
01-22-2009, 12:44 AM
whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:laugh2:So that's not what's going on here?

Yurt
01-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Care to expand a bit?

their constant blaming of bush for everything heavily impressed many voters, obama ran heavily on...not another four years, he frequently compared mccain to bush and said we cannot afford another four years, his campaign also heavily hit this, he was very vague on his actual stances, but very clear on not another four years...

and it was easy as the dems did a great job of blaming everything on bush and making him the bogey man for everything, even katrina, but oh no, nagin gets reelected as if he is saint.

i can't remember the last time a dem said something positive about bush

The ClayTaurus
01-22-2009, 12:49 AM
their constant blaming of bush for everything heavily impressed many voters, obama ran heavily on...not another four years, he frequently compared mccain to bush and said we cannot afford another four years, his campaign also heavily hit this, he was very vague on his actual stances, but very clear on not another four years...

and it was easy as the dems did a great job of blaming everything on bush and making him the bogey man for everything, even katrina, but oh no, nagin gets reelected as if he is saint.

i can't remember the last time a dem said something positive about bushSo you're saying that Obama blaming Bush perpetuates the cycle of Bush blaming Clinton?

Yurt
01-22-2009, 01:51 AM
So you're saying that Obama blaming Bush perpetuates the cycle of Bush blaming Clinton?

nope

hey, it won them the election, maybe a good strategy

Care to expand a bit?

this is my expansion you asked for:

i can't remember the last time a dem said something positive about bush

The ClayTaurus
01-22-2009, 06:04 PM
nope

this is my expansion you asked for:Indeed. My confusion stemmed from the relevance of your comment to mine. Please allow me to rephrase, as I probably wasn't clear enough.

Rightwings are complaining that Bush is being disrespected in a variety of ways by Leftwings. Rightwings simultaneously disrespect Obama, and claim it's ok because the Leftwings did it to Bush. We can debate about the varying degrees on both sides, but the larger point revolves around disrespect of the highest office in our land. Specifically, the hypocrisy involved.

You then claimed that "it won them the election, maybe a good strategy"

So please explain how "they":

1: disrespected Bush/Republicans (You've certainly done this)

2: justified the disrespect by pointing to instances of Bush/Republicans doing the exact same thing

3: complained that Bush/Republicans were disrespecting others, even though it was their justification for their own disrespect.

Hopefully this is a little clearer.

Yurt
01-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Indeed. My confusion stemmed from the relevance of your comment to mine. Please allow me to rephrase, as I probably wasn't clear enough.

Rightwings are complaining that Bush is being disrespected in a variety of ways by Leftwings. Rightwings simultaneously disrespect Obama, and claim it's ok because the Leftwings did it to Bush. We can debate about the varying degrees on both sides, but the larger point revolves around disrespect of the highest office in our land. Specifically, the hypocrisy involved.

2: justified the disrespect by pointing to instances of Bush/Republicans doing the exact same thing

3: complained that Bush/Republicans were disrespecting others, even though it was their justification for their own disrespect.

fair enough, i'm too tired to respond but i do understand more clearly now, will do so tomorrow, if i forget, feel free to bump me or whatnot :cool:

DragonStryk72
01-23-2009, 01:37 AM
So you're saying that Obama blaming Bush perpetuates the cycle of Bush blaming Clinton?

Bush blamed Clinton, Clinton blamed Bush, Every Dem out there blamed Reagan, who blamed Carter, and Carter blamed Nixon. you can actually replace both sides with two kids screaming at each other, "You're a doodyhead!" "NO, You're a doodyhead!" and not lose and real content.

Abbey Marie
01-23-2009, 11:09 AM
And my point, Clay, is that over the several years that you have posted on these boards, when did you ever worry about how President Bush was being treated? Hopefully we can all at least admit that the insults were bad and endless. If you did, I never saw it. Therefore, you, and anyone else who either ridiculed him or stood by and watched the ridicule without complaining about it, hasn't the credibility to ask people to suddenly stop doing it now.

We are at a ridiculous point to the other extreme now, where one makes a simple criticism of the man, and is called racist. And Joe Lieberman is actually being asked to apologize for criticism of Obama during the campaign. A far, far cry from being called McChimpy, idiot, and draft dodger.

DragonStryk72
01-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Indeed. My confusion stemmed from the relevance of your comment to mine. Please allow me to rephrase, as I probably wasn't clear enough.

Well, see, that's the problem isn't it? It's easier to simply rationalize taking swipes back than it is to really look at our own behavior and be the bigger people.

The ClayTaurus
01-23-2009, 06:14 PM
And my point, Clay, is that over the several years that you have posted on these boards, when did you ever worry about how President Bush was being treated?On this board? Not that much, as it's a very right-leaning board and there plenty of members stepping up to that plate. Those who disrespected the president were mostly loonies, although i suppose a few just lacked manners. Regardless, you're right, I didn't pile on with the majority here.
Hopefully we can all at least admit that the insults were bad and endless. If you did, I never saw it.We can agree.
Therefore, you, and anyone else who either ridiculed him or stood by and watched the ridicule without complaining about it, hasn't the credibility to ask people to suddenly stop doing it now.I didn't ask anyone to stop doing anything. I pointed out how completely ridiculous it is to use "because he did it!" as an excuse. And it is. The people on this board who usually use those tactics are generally viewed as having the maturity of children. So it perplexes me to see veteran members allowing them to dictate the level of discourse. If you want to claim I lack the credibility to make such an assesment, go ahead. I guess I was expecting more out of certain people. Do you think I expect too much?
We are at a ridiculous point to the other extreme now, where one makes a simple criticism of the man, and is called racist. And Joe Lieberman is actually being asked to apologize for criticism of Obama during the campaign. A far, far cry from being called McChimpy, idiot, and draft dodger.Agreed. What's not a far cry is referring to Obama as Osama, the little marxist, or flat claiming that he's not your president.

The ClayTaurus
01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Well, see, that's the problem isn't it? It's easier to simply rationalize taking swipes back than it is to really look at our own behavior and be the bigger people.Much, much easier.

Yurt
01-23-2009, 07:11 PM
OTE=The ClayTaurus;341975]Indeed. My confusion stemmed from the relevance of your comment to mine. Please allow me to rephrase, as I probably wasn't clear enough.

no worries

i broke it up here to make it readable. there is a phrase, business is war. we all know (most) corporations don't wage actual "war", they engage in competition strongly. and there are rules to this competition, espionage is illegal for instance. business is in the business of producing the best product for the best price in order to maximize profits. this is a simple view, but just making a point without wading into the minutia of ethics, personal responsibility, and so forth. coke says pepsi sucks and it sells. if coke says pepsi sucks and it doesn't sell, coke doesn't say pepsi sucks, they say how great coke is. life is like that....you do what it takes to win people to your side, belief, view, bed... :cool:

politics is not above life.

So please explain how "they"

btw, i am assuming "they" are the liberals.

1: THEY disrespected Bush/Republicans (You've certainly done this)

i have done what? disrespected bush/republicans? i don't recall, but maybe so. CP, i am not going to give you examples of how the left has disrespected bush/republicans, you know it, i know it.

2: THEY justified the disrespect by pointing to instances of Bush/Republicans doing the exact same thing

i really don't see the purpose of me looking up example of dems doing this. it is irrelevent to their strategy of disrespect, obstruction and at times, near treason towards this country and the high office. my guess is, you are asking this in order to bolster your point that it is a never ending cycle.

should coke start running ads supporting pepsi?

3: THEY complained that Bush/Republicans were disrespecting others, even though it was their justification for their own disrespect.

again, irrelevent to the fact that the dems masterful strategy of complete disrespect and blame on bush strongly helped them win this election.

as noted above, i believe this is your attempt at the never ending cycle...

as i stated earlier: it won them the election, maybe a good strategy

let me ask you a question:

do you want conservatives to win the next election? if yes, might it be prudent to study the current benchmark...that is the current strategy that won, not only the whitehouse, but pretty much the senate and the house. imo, this is more important that coke or pepsi.

The ClayTaurus
01-24-2009, 10:39 AM
no worries

i broke it up here to make it readable. there is a phrase, business is war. we all know (most) corporations don't wage actual "war", they engage in competition strongly. and there are rules to this competition, espionage is illegal for instance. business is in the business of producing the best product for the best price in order to maximize profits. this is a simple view, but just making a point without wading into the minutia of ethics, personal responsibility, and so forth. coke says pepsi sucks and it sells. if coke says pepsi sucks and it doesn't sell, coke doesn't say pepsi sucks, they say how great coke is. life is like that....you do what it takes to win people to your side, belief, view, bed... :cool:

politics is not above life.But Coke secretly wants Pepsi to stay around. The intense competition keeps both companies on their toes. If one were to gain monopoly share, they would inevitably become lazy and at risk for catastrophic failure as they slowly listened less and less to their consumers, becoming further and further out of touch. Coke needs Pepsi, and Pepsi needs Coke.
btw, i am assuming "they" are the liberals.I think so. It refers to the "them" in "it worked for them" that you used in your original response to me.
i have done what? disrespected bush/republicans? i don't recall, but maybe so. CP, i am not going to give you examples of how the left has disrespected bush/republicans, you know it, i know it.I don't know if you have or haven't disrespected anyone, but it wasn't the point i was trying to make. Again, I must have been unclear. I deconstructed my argument into 3 proof points, the first of which I was conceding that you had satisfied. It is equally true this first proof point is widely known. As such, there is no need to further substantiate it. I think we should both be on the same page now on point 1.
i really don't see the purpose of me looking up example of dems doing this. it is irrelevent to their strategy of disrespect, obstruction and at times, near treason towards this country and the high office. my guess is, you are asking this in order to bolster your point that it is a never ending cycle.Perhaps irrelevant to a strategy of disrespect, but not irrelevant to my point of perpetuating the cycle.
should coke start running ads supporting pepsi?No, unless, like you said, it somehow increased their own business. You appear to be implying that the motivations of Republicans should be to do whatever best furthers the success of their own party, and be damned anything that gets in the way of that goal. It is my belief that the party is merely a means of organization, and the true motivation for success should be the prosperity of the nation. Certainly, then, rooting for the failure of a president is counterintuitive.

Getting back to soft drinks, Coke and Pepsi, while engaged in competition on the surface, are less concerned with the other's annihilation than they are the growth of the market. Quite simply, there is more money (success) to be had through cooperation rather than destruction.
again, irrelevent to the fact that the dems masterful strategy of complete disrespect and blame on bush strongly helped them win this election.

as noted above, i believe this is your attempt at the never ending cycle...It absolutely is. If you want to make a claim that disrespect won them the election, fine. But I've seen little to no evidence that they satisfy the second and third points.
as i stated earlier: it won them the election, maybe a good strategyI think you're stating the first point won them the election, not all three. Look, if you think disrespect is the way to win, I'm not sure I can disagree with you. I think it's a sad commentary on the country, and it's further proof that one side can't claim any moral superiority over the other, as they both just follow each other deeper and deeper into the mud pit. If you want to embrace a strategy of disrespect, fine. My problem is with the hypocrisy. Especially from the party which constantly harps on their superior ethics and morality.
let me ask you a question:

do you want conservatives to win the next election? if yes, might it be prudent to study the current benchmark...that is the current strategy that won, not only the whitehouse, but pretty much the senate and the house. imo, this is more important that coke or pepsi.That's dangerous logic. Using an extreme example, if the past election was won through kidnapping and murdering the opposition, you'd think it wise to adopt similar tactics? The outcomes are very different, but the philosophy the same.

Yurt
01-24-2009, 03:18 PM
note: yurt to get back to cp

OCA
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM

Yeah George, thanks for the economy motherfucker!