PDA

View Full Version : Obama Supporters Leave Tons Of Trash Behind

red states rule
01-21-2009, 08:43 AM
So much for the Obama supporters being "green" and leaving the Mall they way they found it

Crowds leave cups, gloves - even flags - on Mall
January 20, 2009 - 6:04pm

WASHINGTON (AP) - Inaugural revelers are lucky they didn't get fined for littering.

As crowds cleared the city Tuesday, their trash covered the National Mall and Washington Monument grounds after President Barack Obama's inauguration.

They left behind plastic bottles, newspapers, food wrappers, gloves and even American flags they had been waving. Trash bins overflowed with items people tossed.

Twenty-one-year-old Laura Wiesner of Youngstown, Ohio, was on the cluttered Mall near the Smithsonian's American History Museum. She says people's quick exit - and failure to pick up after themselves - was a stark contrast to how grand the event had been.

Crews face an overnight cleanup effort across the city as people empty Washington.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=780&sid=1580441

GW in Ohio
01-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Is this all you have to bitch about?

Is this the kind of petty shit that occupies you?

That's pretty pathetic.....

red states rule
01-21-2009, 08:48 AM

I thought this was the GREEN Environmental Electorate :laugh2:

It’s almost poetic in it’s prophecy:

We’ll be cleaning up after Obama long after he’s gone.

Nukeman
01-21-2009, 09:23 AM

Granted this is petty but do YOU feel it was appropriate for all of these Obama supprters to leave "tons" of trash on the ground?? I mean come on what does it take to pick your own crap up!!!!!

red states rule
01-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Granted this is petty but do YOU feel it was appropriate for all of these Obama supprters to leave "tons" of trash on the ground?? I mean come on what does it take to pick your own crap up!!!!!

and do not forget the record number of private jets that flew into DC for the party

I am not seeing much concern for global warming and the enviroment from the left

GW in Ohio
01-21-2009, 09:33 AM

I dunno...

You put 2 million people together on the capitol mall for the better part of a day and I guess there's gonna be trash, don't you think? When 2 million people are crowded together, you can't always walk over to where the nearest trash receptacle is.

By the way, I think having 2 million people turn out for a presidential inaugural is a new record.

GW in Ohio
01-21-2009, 09:36 AM
and do not forget the record number of private jets that flew into DC for the party

I am not seeing much concern for global warming and the enviroment from the left

It's pretty obvious that all you're doing is looking for stuff to criticize.

Some of this stuff is really petty.

But I guess if you can't bring yourself to say anything positive about the new president, this is all you got.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 09:36 AM
I dunno...

You put 2 million people together on the capitol mall for the better part of a day and I guess there's gonna be trash, don't you think? When 2 million people are crowded together, you can't always walk over to where the nearest trash receptacle is.

By the way, I think having 2 million people turn out for a presidential inaugural is a new record.

The wacky left even tried to prepare for the event by sponsoring Litter Free inauguration groups

http://modernjackassmag.com/2009/01/13/psa-litter-free-inauguration-2009/

I guess the liberal media and Obama supporters will say it was all the conservatives in the crowd that left the litter

The “greenies” litter? Where is Al Gore?

DannyR
01-21-2009, 09:38 AM

Maybe because this is the Democratic party, not the Green Party. Most of the hippies voted for Nader or McKinney.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Maybe because this is the Democratic party, not the Green Party. Most of the hippies voted for Nader or McKinney.

This was promoted as the most "green" Inaugural ever

It is a window to the dedication the left has toward the enviroment

Nukeman
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
I dunno...

Uhh I dunno, maybe HOLD ON TO YOUR STUFF untill you can locate a trash bin!!! If you can carry the shit in, you can carry the shit out........

I HATE people that throw trash on the ground be them Dem or Rep. I don't care it shows a COMPLETE lack of respect for where you are and others who may want to enjoy that spot later. Hey you go ahead and make excuses for the trash. 2 million or 2 it really doesn't matter if you bring the trash in take it out.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Uhh I dunno, maybe HOLD ON TO YOUR STUFF untill you can locate a trash bin!!! If you can carry the shit in, you can carry the shit out........

I HATE people that throw trash on the ground be them Dem or Rep. I don't care it shows a COMPLETE lack of respect for where you are and others who may want to enjoy that spot later. Hey you go ahead and make excuses for the trash. 2 million or 2 it really doesn't matter if you bring the trash in take it out.

Now you hit on the excuse Nukeman

It was Bush's fault there were not enough trash bins :laugh2:

DannyR
01-21-2009, 09:51 AM
thats the ticket!

Aside from the blaming Bush part, there is however a bit of truth though to that. Having worked in planning large scale events before, standard policy is to plan on making certain there is a large cleanup crew for after the event, because when you have that many people there, usual number of trash bins aren't ever enough. You always have to plan on cleaning up trash from the ground afterward.

But its not a left or right thing. People of both persuasions toss trash. My experiences after seeing the very redneck Stone Mountain lasershow :salute: is that even the most patriotic attendee somehow doesn't care about the beauty of a park after singing God Bless America.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
thats the ticket!

Aside from the blaming Bush part, there is however a bit of truth though to that. Having worked in planning large scale events before, standard policy is to plan on making certain there is a large cleanup crew for after the event, because when you have that many people there, usual number of trash bins aren't ever enough. You always have to plan on cleaning up trash from the ground afterward.

But its not a left or right thing. People of both persuasions toss trash. My experiences after seeing the very redneck Stone Mountain lasershow :salute: is that even the most patriotic attendee somehow doesn't care about the beauty of a park after singing God Bless America.

But it is the left who constantly lectures the rest of us how we are destroying the planet by living our lives in the wrong way

Now we see once again how liberals demand how we live our lives and how they lives theirs

Here is another link about this party being the so "green"

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/01/five-green-aspects-of-obama-inaugural.php

DannyR
01-21-2009, 10:08 AM
But it is the left who constantly lectures the rest of us how we are destroying the planet by living our lives in the wrong way

True, and while there are extremes, they are also often right to do so in many places.

For one thing, attention to cleaning up the mess was part of the Inaugural plans, with hundreds of volunteers helping and not just leaving it to the park service to clean up on their own.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 10:15 AM

True, and while there are extremes, they are also often right to do so in many places.

For one thing, attention to cleaning up the mess was part of the Inaugural plans, with hundreds of volunteers helping and not just leaving it to the park service to clean up on their own.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll67/avergbear/Washingtontrashed.jpg?t=1232548575

Looks to me like the Obama supporters turned the Capital area into a landfill

A disgusting display of disrespect for our Capital and a good indication of the character of Obama supporters

PostmodernProphet
01-21-2009, 10:28 AM

tru'nuff....I'm one of those anti-environment neocons and I have always managed to carry out what I bring in.....

red states rule
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
This shows nothing but a lack of public decency and respect for our Capital.

stephanie
01-21-2009, 11:13 AM
I love all the Liberals new mantra.....CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG:

Yet for the last eight yrs, they've been some of meanest sob's you can imagine.

I'm not going alone with their fake love and coming together and all sing Kumbyia now because their boy king is in the white house.:thumb:

red states rule
01-21-2009, 11:17 AM
I love all the Liberals new mantra.....CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG:

Yet for the last eight yrs, they've been some of meanest sob's you can imagine.

I'm not going alone with their fake love and coming together and all sing Kumbyia now because their boy king is in the white house.:thumb:

Steph, this is what happens when an event is poorly run and there is little to no leadership.

Are we supposed to believe Obama is some great leader when he can't even get his supporters to not violate one of the core tenets of his platform?

Obama wants to spend hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to fight global warming and stop the pollution of the planet - then his core supporters do this?

Nukeman
01-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I dunno...

By the way, I think having 2 million people turn out for a presidential inaugural is a new record.I wanted to add that IF each of those 2 million people picked up just ONE peace of garbage that would be, ohhh lets see 2 million less peaces of trash on the ground....... It doesn't take much to clean up after ones self and IF EVERYONE does a little no one has to do a lot... Or is this just a way to keep some poor sap in a job???????

red states rule
01-21-2009, 12:39 PM
thought liberals didn't litter; something about the environment and global cooling/warming/ and change :laugh2:

Yurt
01-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Its bush's fault!!!

red states rule
01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Its bush's fault!!!

Your close Yurt

VP Cheney filled em all on the way out so the libs could not use them. :laugh2: