PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Loon Calls For Impeachment Of CJ Roberts

red states rule
01-21-2009, 11:15 AM
This is the way it is going to be for the next 4 years folks

Hope you enjoy the change and the bias "reporting" from the liberal media

Impeach John Roberts

Craig Crawford

Craig is a CQ columnist and MSNBC anaylyst.

There is simply no excuse for United States Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts bungling the presidential oath of office to such an extent that Barack Obama might need to do it again, at least in private, to ensure the legality of his inauguration.

Roberts should be impeached and removed from office for this unforgivable error. The Constitution requires certain language for a presidential oath of office. Roberts blew it. And if he doesn't understand such things he should be fired for misfeasance of the first order

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-crawford/impeach-john-roberts_b_159565.html

Joe Steel
01-21-2009, 11:20 AM
This is the way it is going to be for the next 4 years folks

Hope you enjoy the change and the bias "reporting" from the liberal media

Impeach John Roberts

Craig Crawford

Craig is a CQ columnist and MSNBC anaylyst.

Excellent idea!

We need a few impeachments to clean-out the trash and fill the Supreme Court with good justices. Getting Roberts for his obvious attempt to create doubt of the oath's legitimacy is as good a reason as any.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Excellent idea!

We need a few impeachments to clean-out the trash and fill the Supreme Court with good justices. Getting Roberts for his obvious attempt to create doubt of the oath's legitimacy is as good a reason as any.

Why am I not surprised an idiot like you would support this idea?

Crawford is one of many Obama bobbleheads on MSNBC

I impeached MSNBC from my remote along time ago - like many other viewers have that has resulted in MSNBC as the least watched cable new network

stephanie
01-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Lets just impeach all of Congress..that is a good start.

Abbey Marie
01-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Justice Roberts is a man of ultimate integrity and honor. I am normally a fairly calm person, but my God, some liberals truly make me want to go off. How the heck do you live with yourselves?

Yurt
01-21-2009, 12:53 PM
if you want to impeach roberts, then i guess obama IS NOT offically president :laugh2:

he also screwed up the lines...

come on, this is really a non-issue, but leave it to the dems to scream impeachment

red states rule
01-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Justice Roberts is a man of ultimate integrity and honor. I am normally a fairly calm person, but my God, some liberals truly make me want to go off. How the heck do you live with yourselves?

How dare Roberts make the messiah look stupid. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!

Joe Steel
01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
if you want to impeach roberts, then i guess obama IS NOT offically president :laugh2:

he also screwed up the lines...

That's nonsense. Obama knew the oath, that's why he paused when Roberts recited it incorrectly. Maybe Obama was trying to determine Roberts' intentions, to decide if he was evil or just incompetent.

You're probably right, though, this is too little to offer much hope of impeachment. We have to look for the bigger things, for instance Scalia's hunting trips with Cheney. That looks much worse than merely trying to place doubt on the oath of office.

Joe Steel
01-21-2009, 01:23 PM
How dare Roberts make the messiah look stupid. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!

Nonsense.

Even the hate-mongers on my local hate radio station said Roberts didn't know the words.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Nonsense.

Even the hate-mongers on my local hate radio station said Roberts didn't know the words.

Damn Joe, I did not know Air America was still on the air!

Hobbit
01-21-2009, 01:55 PM
If this cycle ever starts, it will likely not end without bloodshed. Now that Bush is out of power, top democrats are talking about impeaching him and members of his administration for what amounts to perfectly legal policy decisions. If exiting politicians suddenly have to worry about their freedom whenever a rival party enters power, they'll start taking steps...illegal steps to ensure that it never happens. Nobody will even think of running for office unless they're corrupt enough or gutless enough to be immune to prosecution. Then, the pendulum will swing the other way. One day, when the republicans swing back into power, it will be the democrats' heads up on the chopping block, and the peaceful transfer of power will become a thing of the past.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 02:01 PM
If this cycle ever starts, it will likely not end without bloodshed. Now that Bush is out of power, top democrats are talking about impeaching him and members of his administration for what amounts to perfectly legal policy decisions. If exiting politicians suddenly have to worry about their freedom whenever a rival party enters power, they'll start taking steps...illegal steps to ensure that it never happens. Nobody will even think of running for office unless they're corrupt enough or gutless enough to be immune to prosecution. Then, the pendulum will swing the other way. One day, when the republicans swing back into power, it will be the democrats' heads up on the chopping block, and the peaceful transfer of power will become a thing of the past.

It is a signal to everyone. Do not cause Obama any problems, or issues - even inadvertently

PostmodernProphet
01-21-2009, 02:31 PM
I agree....I think the left should start impeachment proceedings against Roberts....on the grounds that Obama supporters don't like him.......and then they should start impeachment proceedings against everyone else they don't like.....that should keep Congress busy for the next four years and hopefully prevent them from doing all the other idiotic things we suspect Congress might do while Obama is president......

red states rule
01-21-2009, 04:03 PM
The entire looney left must be satire because they have no basis in reality

Yurt
01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
That's nonsense. Obama knew the oath, that's why he paused when Roberts recited it incorrectly. Maybe Obama was trying to determine Roberts' intentions, to decide if he was evil or just incompetent.

You're probably right, though, this is too little to offer much hope of impeachment. We have to look for the bigger things, for instance Scalia's hunting trips with Cheney. That looks much worse than merely trying to place doubt on the oath of office.

IF obama knew the oath, he should have said it correctly :laugh2:

and the pause was also because obama and roberts were speaking over each other, not necessarily because obama thought the words wrong, but let's assume he did....

then obama, the fearless one, went ahead and followed roberts like a sheep, oh noze, obama is a sheeple who can't even lead his inauguration swearing in

:dance:

April15
01-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Thomas should go first.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Thomas should go first.

Black conservatives are always a target for the left

April15
01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Black conservatives are always a target for the leftThe guy is a moron. That transends color.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 05:10 PM
The guy is a moron. That transends color.

Why? Because he goes by the US Constitution, and not warm and fuzzy feelings that libs go by?

April15
01-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Why? Because he goes by the US Constitution, and not warm and fuzzy feelings that libs go by?
If what Thomas is following is the United States Constitution then I must be in the wrong nation.

hjmick
01-21-2009, 05:13 PM
A "moron?" I doubt that. You may not like him, but he is no moron. Hell, he's on the Supreme Court. No way Corky could pull that one off.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
If what Thomas is following is the United States Constitution then I must be in the wrong nation.

April, given your posts you are. You would be happier in Cuba or Venezuela

April15
01-21-2009, 06:10 PM
April, given your posts you are. You would be happier in Cuba or VenezuelaWell all I need is for this nation to get back to being the United States of America and not the Fascist States of Republicanism.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Well all I need is for this nation to get back to being the United States of America and not the Fascist States of Republicanism.

We are the United States. But given the level of hate and venom that comes from the left toward anyone who disagrees with them - the libs only want to be united with ther own

PostmodernProphet
01-21-2009, 06:20 PM
then I must be in the wrong nation.

that was my assumption as well......

Kathianne
01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Nonsense.

Obama said different:

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/obama-roberts-not-to-blame-for-oath-hiccup-2009-01-20.html

Obama: Roberts not to blame for oath hiccup
By Ian Swanson
Posted: 01/20/09 10:15 PM [ET]

President Obama isn’t blaming Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts for slipping up as he recited the president oath of office during Tuesday’s inauguration ceremony.

Obama said Roberts actually helped him as he gave the oath, and that he was grateful.

“We’re up there, we’ve got a lot of stuff on our mind, and he actually helped me out on a couple of stanzas there,” Obama told ABC News backstage at the “Neighborhood Ball.”

“So overall, I think it went relatively smoothly and I’m very grateful to him.”

Various media and blogs have blamed either Roberts or Obama for the flub. Transcripts suggest that Obama broke in earlier than Roberts expected in repeating the oath, and that this may have thrown the chief justice off. He then put the word “faithfully” at the end of the phrase “I will execute the office of the United States” instead of at the front of that phrase....

red states rule
01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Obama said different:

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/obama-roberts-not-to-blame-for-oath-hiccup-2009-01-20.html

This is the first time Chief Justice Roberts has been the one to do this. Heck if I were him I would be nervous as well

Either way, President Obama got through it and he's our President now.

Kathianne
01-21-2009, 06:59 PM
This is the first time Chief Justice Roberts has been the one to do this. Heck if I were him I would be nervous as well

Either way, President Obama got through it and he's our President now.

Exactly. If his 'loyalists' were as gracious as he's attempted to be in recent weeks, it would go a long way to healing rifts.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Exactly. If his 'loyalists' were as gracious as he's attempted to be in recent weeks, it would go a long way to healing rifts.

Come on Kathy, we have had enough blizzards so far this winter :laugh2:

Trigg
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM

Evil intentions, I think you misplaced your :tinfoil:

FYI Obama isn't the first president to flub the oath and have to retake it. It's a minor thing to do it at a later time, Coolidge had the same issue.

Man you libs are paranoid.

Kathianne
01-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Come on Kathy, we have had enough blizzards so far this winter :laugh2:

Nah, it's where you and I part company. I'm willing and able to slam Obama, looks right now the first thing may be 2nd amendment, but I'll not pull the crap that was GW's fate with the idiots. Not going there.

For at least 4 years, he is our President, I don't recall anyone taking office at such a horrible time and with no experience. Don't blame him, he ran and was elected, it was 'the will' of the people.

red states rule
01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Nah, it's where you and I part company. I'm willing and able to slam Obama, looks right now the first thing may be 2nd amendment, but I'll not pull the crap that was GW's fate with the idiots. Not going there.

For at least 4 years, he is our President, I don't recall anyone taking office at such a horrible time and with no experience. Don't blame him, he ran and was elected, it was 'the will' of the people.

No what I am saying is, it seems natural for liberals to kick people when they are down. Booing Pres Bush, and the liberal medias final cheap chots accomplished nothing except make them feel good

If Bil Clinton was speaking and I was close by, I would keep my personal feelings about him to myself. Nothing is gained by showing him disrespect in public

I have posted several times where I suported Pres Obama putting off tax increase, adding tax break to businesses to his spending bills, and taking his time leaving Iraq

If he makes decisions I agree with - I will say so. If he does things I disagree with I will say so

Kathianne
01-21-2009, 07:13 PM
No what I am saying is, it seems natural for liberals to kick people when they are down. Booing Pres Bush, and the liberal medias final cheap chots accomplished nothing except make them feel good

If Bil Clinton was speaking and I was close by, I would keep my personal feelings about him to myself. Nothing is gained by showing him disrespect in public

I have posted several times where I suported Pres Obama putting off tax increase, adding tax break to businesses to his spending bills, and taking his time leaving Iraq

If he makes decisions I agree with - I will say so. If he does things I disagree with I will say so

My opinion is that we stop with the 'name calling', the whole 'lib' this and that was a result of 'neo-con' this and that. I am smarter, more informed, and more articulate than the haters on the left. I can go there, just don't want to.

April15
01-21-2009, 08:34 PM
We are the United States. But given the level of hate and venom that comes from the left toward anyone who disagrees with them - the libs only want to be united with ther ownI don't care to live with republicans. It has very little to do with them but much to do with their ideas. The ideas of the right are un American, thats all.

Psychoblues
01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
rsr didn't create his screen name in a vacuum, April.

I don't care to live with republicans. It has very little to do with them but much to do with their ideas. The ideas of the right are un American, thats all.

Or did he?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

hjmick
01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't care to live with republicans. It has very little to do with them but much to do with their ideas.

So you are something of a bigot.

The ideas of the right are un American, thats all.

In your opinion.

cubfan
01-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I haven't spent much time on this board, so I don't know the participants very well. Given some of the rancor I have seen on other boards, I wonder if the above posters are actually serious when they say Roberts should be impeached...

Actually, I hope the loons do try something as stupid as that. I can think of no faster way of getting them removed from office...

manu1959
01-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Well all I need is for this nation to get back to being the United States of America and not the Fascist States of Republicanism.

so are you hoping for the gas line years when the middle east hated us or the blow job years and the dot com crash when the middle east hated us......

manu1959
01-21-2009, 09:28 PM
I haven't spent much time on this board, so I don't know the participants very well. Given some of the rancor I have seen on other boards, I wonder if the above posters are actually serious when they say Roberts should be impeached...

Actually, I hope the loons do try something as stupid as that. I can think of no faster way of getting them removed from office...

they are serious.....

Yurt
01-21-2009, 10:10 PM

i don't know about that, he has removed prior competition from the ballots before on technical reasons, not the will of the people, and became senator of ill...without that, i doubt he would have became us senator. also, i have a good feeling a lot went on behind teh scenes in teh dem camp, such that, obama was able to pull the electorates, not really the people, away from hillary.

Kathianne
01-21-2009, 10:15 PM
i don't know about that, he has removed prior competition from the ballots before on technical reasons, not the will of the people, and became senator of ill...without that, i doubt he would have became us senator. also, i have a good feeling a lot went on behind teh scenes in teh dem camp, such that, obama was able to pull the electorates, not really the people, away from hillary.

I know all about his background Yurt, my backyard. Wasn't the case here, just smart politics, and lots of luck.

Yurt
01-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I know all about his background Yurt, my backyard. Wasn't the case here, just smart politics, and lots of luck.

he didn't knock out opponents on technicalities?

Kathianne
01-22-2009, 05:32 AM
he didn't knock out opponents on technicalities?

Indeed he did, in Chicago and for the Senate.

Joe Steel
01-22-2009, 07:57 AM

Why not?

Impeachment is a political act. It allows a majority another tool for shaping public policy. Roberts and the rest of the RATS are burden on the general welfare. Removing them would serve the public.

Nukeman
01-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Why not?

Impeachment is a political act. It allows a majority another tool for shaping public policy. Roberts and the rest of the RATS are burden on the general welfare. Removing them would serve the public.NO removing them would insure that the roadblocks to a socialized country would be removed....!!!!!!

Carry on comrad Joe!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
01-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Why not?

Impeachment is a political act. It allows a majority another tool for shaping public policy. Roberts and the rest of the RATS are burden on the general welfare. Removing them would serve the public.

impeachment was never intended to be a tool for shaping public policy

cubfan
01-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Why not?

Wow. Shout it from the highest mountain brother. Let the masses know just how loony you are.

Actually, I think you all have the makings of an SNL skit or maybe even a National Lampoon movie. Let's impeach a SCJ because he messed up on the oath...

Joe Steel
01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
impeachment was never intended to be a tool for shaping public policy

Probably not. But the Founders put in place a system which was easy for the Republicans to abuse and pervert to partisan purposes. They persecuted President Clinton for political reasons and packed the courts with shills so they can implement their policies. Only bold actions can save America. Turnabout is fairplay. The RATS must go.

Joe Steel
01-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow. Shout it from the highest mountain brother. Let the masses know just how loony you are.

Actually, I think you all have the makings of an SNL skit or maybe even a National Lampoon movie. Let's impeach a SCJ because he messed up on the oath...

Obviously, you're just another ignorant wingnut.

Yurt
01-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Probably not. But the Founders put in place a system which was easy for the Republicans to abuse and pervert to partisan purposes. They persecuted President Clinton for political reasons and packed the courts with shills so they can implement their policies. Only bold actions can save America. Turnabout is fairplay. The RATS must go.

um, clinton committed perjury

and he was not removed from office, another reason i discount the method as political games