PDA

View Full Version : Obama to Lift Ban on Funding for Groups Providing Abortions Overseas

stephanie
01-21-2009, 06:46 PM
gotta get to the improtant stuff right off the bat..

Obama will issue an executive order on Thursday reversing the Bush administration policy that bans the use of federal dollars by non-govermental organizations that discuss or provide abortions outside of the United States.

Obama will sign the executive order on the 36th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in all 50 states.

The policy, known in governmental circles as the "Mexico City policy," requires any non-governmental organization to agree before receiving U.S. funds that they will "neither perform nor actively promote abortion as a method of family planning in other nations."

The language was announced at the United Nations International Conference on Population in 1984, and was approved by President Reagan and originally drafted by his assistant secretary of state, Alan Keyes.

Keyes ran unsuccessfully as the GOP nominee against Obama for the U.S. Senate in 2004.

President George Herbert Walker Bush continued Reagan's Mexico City policy.

President Bill Clinton issued an executive order lifting the ban on Jan. 22, 1993. President George W. Bush issued an executive order re-instating the ban on federal dollars for NGOs that discuss or provide abortions on Jan. 22, 2001.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/21/obama-lift-ban-funding-groups-providing-abortions-overseas/

Kathianne
01-21-2009, 07:00 PM
To be expected. They won.

PostmodernProphet
01-21-2009, 10:42 PM
To be expected. They won.

and the children lose.....

manu1959
01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Obama will sign the executive order on the 36th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in all 50 states.

when do you think he will legalize it in the other 7 states.........

Abbey Marie
01-21-2009, 11:33 PM

IMO, we all lose.

Wait until he gets his hands on domestic abortion policies. Remember folks, this is the guy in the Illinois legislature who voted to prohibit medical aid to aborted babies born-alive.

stephanie
01-21-2009, 11:50 PM
IMO, we all lose.

Wait Until he gets his hands on domestic abortion policies. Remember folks, this is the guy in the Illinois legislature who voted to prohibit medical aid to aborted babies born-alive.

I wonder how he explains this to his daughters..and he does this on the very first day of his Presidency...what a sick fuck.

Abbey Marie
01-21-2009, 11:54 PM
I wonder how he explains this to his daughters..and he does this on the very first day of his Presidency...what a sick fuck.

Seriously. His urgency to aid abortion is very telling.

My Winter Storm
01-22-2009, 12:14 AM
IMO, we all lose.

Wait until he gets his hands on domestic abortion policies. Remember folks, this is the guy in the Illinois legislature who voted to prohibit medical aid to aborted babies born-alive.

False. There was already a law on the books, there was no need for another law.

Yurt
01-22-2009, 12:34 AM

like the knew nic

Kathianne
01-22-2009, 05:27 AM

I agree, just doesn't surprise me. I dug the stuff up about him and 'born alive' mess. Even those on his side regarding abortion had a problem with that, but they still voted for him and they won. So now it's time for them to act and opposition to react. I'd like to think there are some conservatives putting together ideas that will win down the line, but so far I'm not hearing much.

PostmodernProphet
01-22-2009, 07:55 AM

sorry, but Abbey's statement was accurate, he voted in opposition of requiring medical personnel to provide assistance to children born alive during a failed abortion......preferring the murder of a living child over a limitation on abortion rights.......

Immanuel
01-22-2009, 08:01 AM

He has to make sure that every abortion is performed from the moment he steps foot in the Oval Office. He can't afford to loose a single second, although, the anniversary of that terrible decision is today, the 22nd of January, if I am not mistaken making it the second day of his term, the hangover from the inaugeration must have prevented him from taking this action yesterday or maybe he was just waiting for the effect. Sick, sick, sick!

It seems funny, liberals say they are not for abortion but at every opportunity they get, they do their damnedest to make sure every possible abortion happens.

Immie

01-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Glad to see where his priorities are. I thought abortion was just one of those "wedge" issues that evil Republicans bring up to distract people from real problems.

Its clear to me that its a real issue and the death of minorities in foreign nations is important to him. I dont think ill ever understand the rational

April15
01-22-2009, 03:42 PM
To be born or not to be born? Nature terminates the preborn with miscarriges. A natural abortion. Who would have thought God, in his infinite wisdom, if you believe in any god, could let one of his preborn lambs die before seeing the light?
A childish attitude? You better believe it. Just like that of the anti death for fetus' campaign. I mean pre born babies.

PostmodernProphet
01-22-2009, 03:48 PM
To be born or not to be born? Nature terminates the preborn with miscarriges. A natural abortion. Who would have thought God, in his infinite wisdom, if you believe in any god, could let one of his preborn lambs die before seeing the light?
A childish attitude? You better believe it. Just like that of the anti death for fetus' campaign. I mean pre born babies.

likewise, since some folks die naturally, of old age, we should eliminate all restrictions against murder....death is only natural, you know.....in short, April....some actions taken against the living are reprehensible......though I realize, for liberals, reprehensible is incomprehensible.....

Immanuel
01-22-2009, 03:49 PM

Big difference between a natural abortion and doctor and mother choosing to kill a human being.

Immie

April15
01-22-2009, 05:15 PM
likewise, since some folks die naturally, of old age, we should eliminate all restrictions against murder....death is only natural, you know.....in short, April....some actions taken against the living are reprehensible......though I realize, for liberals, reprehensible is incomprehensible.....Death is the termination of birth. Some actions taken against another person such as murder is reprehensible. Likewise making a person live in abject poverty or misery is reprehensible also. But I think you are opening your mind and may understand why some do not bring unwanted lives into this harsh world.

PostmodernProphet
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Death is the termination of birth.

actually, in the majority of cases, cutting the umbilical cord is the termination of birth....and death is completely uninvolved.......

But I think you are opening your mind and may understand why some do not bring unwanted lives into this harsh world.
there is no such thing as an unwanted life...it's just that some aren't with the ones who want them.......last Sunday night we celebrated adoption in our church.....in a group of 550 people, there were 57 adoptees.....

April15
01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
actually, in the majority of cases, cutting the umbilical cord is the termination of birth....and death is completely uninvolved.......

there is no such thing as an unwanted life...it's just that some aren't with the ones who want them.......last Sunday night we celebrated adoption in our church.....in a group of 550 people, there were 57 adoptees.....The only real cause of death is birth. If the entity is not born then there can be no death. As to unwanted life there are many.

gabosaurus
01-23-2009, 09:11 PM
About time...
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-abortion-ban24-2009jan24,0,3692008.story

5stringJeff
01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
About time...
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-abortion-ban24-2009jan24,0,3692008.story

Merged thread.

hjmick
01-23-2009, 09:18 PM
About time my happy ass. There is absolutely no reason American tax dollars should go to abortion efforts abroad. You wanna pull this country out of the economic morass it currently wallows in, quit sending money abroad for this sort of thing.

manu1959
01-23-2009, 09:20 PM
shouldn't we be spending this money domestically....can we really afford to ship more money overseas.......

stephanie
01-23-2009, 09:59 PM
About time...

if you feel this way, why were you so anxious to become a mother.
you really need to look into your soul, then look at the beautiful new daughter you just adopted..and explain to her why you feel this is right.

I wish you all the best and love that comes with being a mother, but it disturbs me how you can continue to be this supportive of this, just because it's a so called choice..it's a horrible choice that is killing your own child. and to force others who don't want to pay for this another thing.

PostmodernProphet
01-24-2009, 12:42 AM
The only real cause of death is birth.

you're so cute when you get all philosophical.....still don't make a lick of sense, but cute.....

Psychoblues
01-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Cute?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! I've always thought you were quite "cute", pimp, but I don't think I ever said so out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're so cute when you get all philosophical.....still don't make a lick of sense, but cute.....

Do you have an argument or are you simply philosophising on a whim?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!

You really are "cute" when you ain't got anything intelligent to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I offer you a beer to resolve your differences?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
01-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Could I offer you a beer to resolve your differences?
no thanks....I'm fussy about who I drink with.....I prefer folks who don't piss in the glass.....

Psychoblues
01-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Keep your day gig, pimp.

no thanks....I'm fussy about who I drink with.....I prefer folks who don't piss in the glass.....

Hilarity ain't your forte'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Bonnie
01-24-2009, 11:41 AM
About time my happy ass. There is absolutely no reason American tax dollars should go to abortion efforts abroad. You wanna pull this country out of the economic morass it currently wallows in, quit sending money abroad for this sort of thing.

Well you must understand that Obama is not really the president as we have come to know that position, but rather he is the worlds new ASSKISSER/Santa Clause that needs to make up for America's audacity to defend itself against terrorism and being horribly attacked on 9/11.. and in that spirit he will be at the UN sitting there handing out checks courtesy of us tax payers. The fact that includes infantcide is of no consequence to him!!

stephanie
01-24-2009, 11:44 AM

:thumb:

Bonnie
01-24-2009, 11:46 AM
The only real cause of death is birth. If the entity is not born then there can be no death. As to unwanted life there are many.

You may want to revisit the science behind this statement. In fact most scientists admit a fetus is alive, however proabortionits don't give a shit, it's simply a convenience they don't want to live without, and those who perform them don't want to lose the revenue it brings in to fund more proabortion/marxist candidates...

April15
01-24-2009, 03:21 PM
You may want to revisit the science behind this statement. In fact most scientists admit a fetus is alive, however proabortionits don't give a shit, it's simply a convenience they don't want to live without, and those who perform them don't want to lose the revenue it brings in to fund more proabortion/marxist candidates...A fetus is alive in much the same way a sprout is alive. The big difference is the sprout can sustain itself without help from its petella and pollen creators. A fetus outside the womb need to be cared for to be able to mature enough to fend for itself.
A cancer has a better chance of surviving outside the human cavity than a fetus. All it needs is a petri dish with plasma.

April15
01-24-2009, 03:23 PM
you're so cute when you get all philosophical.....still don't make a lick of sense, but cute.....For a prophet the point should be as easy to understand as your daily bowel movements.

PostmodernProphet
01-24-2009, 04:05 PM
lol, I understood your point....it's just that it was so....blond.....

5stringJeff
01-24-2009, 11:53 PM
A fetus is alive in much the same way a sprout is alive. The big difference is the sprout can sustain itself without help from its petella and pollen creators. A fetus outside the womb need to be cared for to be able to mature enough to fend for itself.
A cancer has a better chance of surviving outside the human cavity than a fetus. All it needs is a petri dish with plasma.

Yet, it is still a unique human being, whereas a tumor is not.

Trigg
01-25-2009, 01:21 PM
A fetus is alive in much the same way a sprout is alive. The big difference is the sprout can sustain itself without help from its petella and pollen creators. A fetus outside the womb need to be cared for to be able to mature enough to fend for itself.

It's called a baby.

April15
01-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Yet, it is still a unique human being, whereas a tumor is not.Sorry to tell you but every tumor aside from being classified by type has distinct differences from any other like tumor!

April15
01-25-2009, 03:17 PM
It's called a baby.Well DUH! Did you understand the rest of the story?

Abbey Marie
01-25-2009, 03:28 PM

A child who is newborn through at least 4 years old needs to be taken care of to survive, too. Are they therefore jusitifably murdered?

April15
01-25-2009, 05:10 PM
A child who is newborn through at least 4 years old needs to be taken care of to survive, too. Are they therefore jusitifably murdered?NO. They have seen the light and the thought process has taken root.

Trigg
01-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Well DUH! Did you understand the rest of the story?

Thought maybe you needed a reminder, since you were busy comparing them to cancer.

Abbey Marie
01-25-2009, 09:26 PM
NO. They have seen the light and the thought process has taken root.

Is this scientific? I have never heard that seeing light=thought. If that were so, moms would be shining lights into their wombs to create smarter babies.
I do remember seeing a study that showed babies in utero are actually learning and reacting, though.

Bonnie
01-26-2009, 12:16 PM

OMG you have actuallly degraded human life to that of a sprout!!! It doesn't matter that a baby needs its' mother to sustain life, that only makes the baby helpless and dependant, it does not equate to a child being useless or unwanted.

Your really reaching to prove your baseless point here. In your eyes a plant gets more respect from you than a human baby.
That's actually frightening.

Sitarro
01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
NO. They have seen the light and the thought process has taken root.

With each post you dig yourself deeper into a mound of horse shit, the smell must be wonderful for you.

Gaffer
01-26-2009, 01:15 PM
With each post you dig yourself deeper into a mound of horse shit, the smell must be wonderful for you.

He finds himself in a hole he can't get out of and continues to dig.

red states rule
01-26-2009, 03:13 PM

10 weeks in the womb April. Looks like a baby to me

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/8883/sbaby10w3d.jpg

5stringJeff
01-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Sorry to tell you but every tumor aside from being classified by type has distinct differences from any other like tumor!

But not distinct DNA.