PDA

View Full Version : A Serious President Does Serious Things Regarding The Palestinian/Israeli Conflict

Psychoblues
01-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Lot's to read. I hope some of this encourages you.

Source: Reuters

RAMALLAH, West Bank, Jan 21 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama pledged in a telephone call on Wednesday to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to try to achieve Middle East peace, a Palestinian official said.

"Obama reiterated that he and his administration will work in full partnership with President Abbas to achieve peace in the region," said Saeb Erekat, a senior Palestinian negotiator in peace talks with Israel.

More: http://www.reuters.com/article/middleeastCrisis/idUSLL6...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama's first call abroad to Palestine: Official
New president vows to seek 'durable' Mideast peace in Mahmoud Abbas call

January 21, 2009 11:01 AM

RAMALLAH, West Bank – U.S. President Barack Obama promised to work toward a "durable peace" in the Middle East during a phone call to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday, Palestinian officials said.

Obama called the Palestinian leader a day after taking the oath of office and assured him that he intended "to work with him as partners to establish a durable peace in the region," Abbas’s spokesman Nabil Abu Rudeina told AFP.

Obama told Abbas that the president was the first foreign leader he called since taking office, Rudeina said.

"This is my first phone call to a foreign leader and I’m making it only hours after I took office," Rudeina quoted Obama as telling Abbas.

Obama and his secretary of state-designate Hillary Clinton vowed to deal with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict immediately after taking office.

More:http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Life/Obama+first+call+abro...

Obama gets down to business

CNN also reported that Obama became engaged almost immediately in the Middle East crisis. He placed phone calls with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak.

More:http://www.vancouversun.com/Business/Obama+gets+down+bu...

I find this greatly encouraging!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone for a Crown or an OB?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

stephanie
01-21-2009, 10:38 PM
ooooooooooo, he made some phone calls.:laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
01-21-2009, 10:53 PM
thank God!....we FINALLY have a president who has promised to work toward peace in the Middle East.....now things will change......

Yurt
01-21-2009, 11:15 PM
thank God!....we FINALLY have a president who has promised to work toward peace in the Middle East.....now things will change......

obama is awesome on the phone, remember when mccain went to dc during the financial crisis...well, obama stayed right where he was and made phone calls.

answer: hello
caller: yes this obama, i would like world piece
answer: what is this world piece, you get 12 pieces on this pie! who ever you are, stop pranking my pizza shop or i'll report you to the president, billary

Psychoblues
01-21-2009, 11:22 PM
You misunderstand, pimp. We finally have a president that will tackle world dilemmas from day one.

The jerk you seem to support had to have an attack on the Pentagon itself and even New York city before he even or ever got involved.

Are you trying to refer to yourself as an existentialist in your sig line or are you just pumping out more bullshit?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

The adults have now assumed command. Go back into your pitiful hole and I'll promise to let you know when it is safe for you to come back out. OK, pimp?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?

Psychoblues

stephanie
01-21-2009, 11:25 PM
You misunderstand, pimp. We finally have a president that will tackle world dilemmas from day one.

The jerk you seem to support had to have an attack on the Pentagon itself and even New York city before he even or ever got involved.

Are you trying to refer to yourself as an existentialist in your sig line or are you just pumping out more bullshit?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

The adults have now assumed command. Go back into your pitiful hole and I'll promise to let you know when it is safe for you to come back out. OK, pimp?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?

Psychoblues

keep digging, maybe you'll dig your way to China.:laugh2:

Psychoblues
01-21-2009, 11:56 PM
You and your kind have done about all the digging that can be done, stevie.

keep digging, maybe you'll dig your way to China.:laugh2:

The Democrats are left to fill in the ditches and holes that you've been digging and get on with the important work of the American people.

You can dig that too, I can only suppose?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

You're still cut off. NO CODS, here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

stephanie
01-22-2009, 12:00 AM
You and your kind have done about all the digging that can be done, stevie.

The Democrats are left to fill in the ditches and holes that you've been digging and get on with the important work of the American people.

You can dig that too, I can only suppose?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

You're still cut off. NO CODS, here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho Blues

as a Vet, how can you hate your country so much..You've just help elect a man who followed the Black Liberation theology for 20 years, where his preacher says that American should be damned by God..he associated with a domestic terrorist who bombed his own country.

Psychoblues
01-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Keep repeating the RNC talking points, stevie. The Democrats will be in power for many years as a result of your ignorance if you are in any way representive of the common thinking amongst Republicans.

as a Vet, how can you hate your country so much..You've just help elect a man who followed the Black Liberation theology for 20 years, where his preacher says that American should be damned by God..he associated with a domestic terrorist who bombed his own country.

I love my country as much now as I ever have and I have placed myself in many situations where my life could have been ended as a result of that love. Don't ever again accuse me by innuendo or otherwise that I do not love my country, stevie. You are not qualified for such a judgement.

Psychoblues

manu1959
01-22-2009, 12:14 AM
i seem to recall carter reaching out and we lost an embassy and a couple of choppers.....i seem to recal clinton reaching out and getting hit 6 times.....

seems it doesn't work.....

stephanie
01-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Keep repeating the RNC talking points, stevie. The Democrats will be in power for many years as a result of your ignorance if you are in any way representative of the common thinking amongst Republicans.

I love my country as much now as I ever have and I have placed myself in many situations where my life could have been ended as a result of that love. Don't ever again accuse me by innuendo or otherwise that I do not love my country, stevie. You are not qualified for such a judgement.

Psycho Blues

I will say whatever the hell I want to you..you will never impede my freedom of speech...even though I know the party you support, will soon enough..
I just never figured you as a person who would want to see your country destroyed..
But now I now..

Psychoblues
01-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Then say it, stevie!!!!!!!!!! You are about as much of an unAmerican bitch as I have ever seen or heard of.

I will say whatever the hell I want to you..you will never impede my freedom of speech...even though I know the party you support, will soon enough..
I just never figured you as a person who would want to see your country destroyed..
But now I now..

I continue to love this country whether you live in it or not and you are about as wrong as any American could possibly be.

You addressed me, personally, and I simply warned you to not question my patriotism as I have demonstrated it far more than you could ever imagine. You are certainly entitled to condemn veterans whenever and however you like. And you are certainly entitled to question even my own patriotism. If that is accepted on this board please excuse me if I call you what I think you are. I will not pose it as a question but stand up straight and call it like I see it.

Why do you hate America and it's veterans, stevie?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!??! I really have thought more of you than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, you still can't have any more Cods, not in this bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

stephanie
01-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Then say it, stevie!!!!!!!!!! You are about as much of an American bitch as I have ever seen or heard of.

I continue to love this country whether you live in it or not and you are about as wrong as any American could possibly be.

You addressed me, personally, and I simply warned you to not question my patriotism as I have demonstrated it far more than you could ever imagine. You are certainly entitled to condemn veterans whenever and however you like. And you are certainly entitled to question even my own patriotism. If that is accepted on this board please excuse me if I call you what I think you are. I will not pose it as a question but stand up straight and call it like I see it.

Why do you hate America and it's veterans, stevie?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!??! I really have thought more of you than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, you still can't have any more Cods, not in this bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho Blues

I am not condemning veterans....just you..and I think you know by now, I don't care what you call me, it's not the first time you've called me a bitch..Hell you've called everyone here on the board a vulgar name...But from what is known about this man you help elect, he is a racist, who attended a racist church for 20 yrs..he has associated with domestic terrorist..all that is a fact jack...so that is why I ask you why how you would support him..
you don't like me asking, tough shit, don't answer back...

Psychoblues
01-22-2009, 01:22 AM
And a lying one to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not condemning veterans....just you..and I think you know by now, I don't care what you call me, it's not the first time you've called me a bitch..Hell you've called everyone here on the board a vulgar name...But from what is known about this man you help elect, he is a racist, who attended a racist church for 20 yrs..he has associated with domestic terrorist..all that is a fact jack...so that is why I ask you why how you would support him..
you don't like me asking, tough shit, don't answer back...

How befitting of you, stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I ever told you to kiss this:

:pee: stevie

Well, I have now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're such a sucker for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

stephanie
01-22-2009, 01:28 AM
And a lying one to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How befitting of you, stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I ever told you to kiss this:

:pee: stevie

Well, I have now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're such a sucker for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho Blues

maybe I did go too far in saying you hated your country, and knowing you are a veteran, I apologize..I was upset and it was the wrong thing to do..
you have to live with your decisions and yourself...I will pray that you made the right one, and not have any regrets.....go on off and have another busch...see ya..:bye1:

Psychoblues
01-22-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm cool with that, stevie.

maybe I did go too far in saying you hated your country, and knowing you are a veteran, I apologize..I was upset and it was the wrong thing to do..
you have to live with your decisions and yourself...I will pray that you made the right one, and not have any regrets.....go on off and have another busch...see ya..:bye1:

And I think I will have another Busch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless You And God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

FSUK
01-22-2009, 04:55 AM
I really felt obama would act in a realistic way towards mid-east peace.He is never going to make progress, if he deals with the ghost government of mahmoud abbas. As, i guess unfortunately hamas are the elected admin of the palestinians. He needs to talk to them, and persuade them to recognise israel's right to exist, then potentially progress can be made. We need lasting progress, not a 1 year ceasfire, then it all bursts as usual.

Nukeman
01-22-2009, 07:50 AM
I really felt obama would act in a realistic way towards mid-east peace.He is never going to make progress, if he deals with the ghost government of mahmoud abbas. As, i guess unfortunately hamas are the elected admin of the palestinians. He needs to talk to them, and persuade them to recognise israel's right to exist, then potentially progress can be made. We need lasting progress, not a 1 year ceasfire, then it all bursts as usual.
You will NEVER have that with a group like Hamas in charge. There should be NO communication with Hamas is any way. They are NOTHING more than a terrorist group that may or may not have been elected truthfully. How do we know they didn't threaten and intimidate their way to power?????

Once you legitimize hamas you condone what they have done to not only the people of Israel but the "palistinians" as well. They have brought the hardships on them more so than any other......

PostmodernProphet
01-22-2009, 07:58 AM

we "finally" have a president that knows how to pay lip service to the issues that cause your leg to tingle.......

the brighter folks in the audience will recognize it as mockery.....wouldn't want those existentialists to cease to exist in the middle of a conversation now, would we?.......

Psychoblues
01-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Did you say "mockery", pimp?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

we "finally" have a president that knows how to pay lip service to the issues that cause your leg to tingle.......
the brighter folks in the audience will recognize it as mockery.....wouldn't want those existentialists to cease to exist in the middle of a conversation now, would we?.......

Thanks for the clarification of your attitude towards the otherwise good business of Americans.

Kiss this you communist beotch: :pee: pimp

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
01-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Did you say "mockery", pimp?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks for the clarification of your attitude towards the otherwise good business of Americans.

Kiss this you communist beotch: :pee: pimp

Psychoblues

communist?....you're really fucked up tonight, Psych....apparently you can't even remember what board you're on.....this is the one where you are on the far left of the spectrum.....

Psychoblues
01-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Maybe "communist" is the wrong word, beotch.

communist?....you're really fucked up tonight, Psych....apparently you can't even remember what board you're on.....this is the one where you are on the far left of the spectrum.....

Perhaps you can explain why you are so intently unAmerican?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!

Psychoblues