PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or.....

-Cp
01-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Does Obama look PUNY at this desk? (taken on his first day on the job)

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2009/0901/a_obama_oval_0121.jpg

I'd also love to hear you Caption that phone call - my caption is:

"Hey Mom! I'm scared and don't know what to do!"

Noir
01-22-2009, 07:43 AM
It just looks bare to me, I'm sure next week the desk will be full of photos, papers and little statues ect, and with the non-empty desk be will not seem as puny as you put it. Also it is a pretty darn wide angle shot, which only makes it look even punyer.

-Cp
01-22-2009, 07:45 AM
It just looks bare to me, I'm sure next week the desk will be full of photos, papers and little statues ect, and with the non-empty desk be will not seem as puny as you put it. Also it is a pretty darn wide angle shot, which only makes it look even punyer.

But just look at HIM how small he looks even in that chair.. it's funny...

bullypulpit
01-22-2009, 10:17 AM
But just look at HIM how small he looks even in that chair.. it's funny...

Dubbyuh, being shorter, looked even smaller.

DragonStryk72
01-22-2009, 10:40 AM

"No really, there's a bowling alley in the basement!"

anyhoo, I actually saw a news spot where they showed Obama's office and McCain's office, and while McCain's was a veritable flea market, Obama's was almost without ornament. He apparently tends to go for having a cleaner, more professional looking space. Not really good or bad, it just seems to be his method.

DragonStryk72
01-22-2009, 10:42 AM
as to the punyness, it's because he's so thin, and honestly, we haven't had a really thin president in a long time. Carter didn't weigh in all that much, but he was very broadly built. I think you'd have to go back to Lincoln to get the last time we had a really scrawny president

Joe Steel
01-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Does Obama look PUNY at this desk? (taken on his first day on the job)

Yes.

It's just you.

Immanuel
01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Caption:

"Excuse me, Ms. Jones, do I have to dial 9 to get an outside line?"

I wouldn't say he looks puny, but the picture just seems to be taken from far back. It seems like a wide angle lens was used (I'm no photographer so I don't really know) but it just appears that he's such a long way away.

Most of the pictures I remember seeing of Bush at that desk were closer up to him.

The picture seems to have a lot of wasted background.

Immie

DragonStryk72
01-23-2009, 01:57 AM
"Yes, I'd like to place a delivery order. 1600 Pennsylvania... Hello? Hello?"

DragonStryk72
01-23-2009, 01:58 AM
"Oh my god, dude, 'the button' is real!!! no really, it's right here under the pho-"